Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Feeling the whip... Edit: Now with moving pictures!

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
People... Less likes. More comments please. As I'm the developer it's easy for me to add functionality.

Do you like it? Is it hard to see? Need more info?

Please, spew your thoughts in this topic! :D

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
On a more serious note, it looks fantastically easy to understand and use, perhaps add an axexrules to every map, but apart from that, it looks great!

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
You can only add 4 chunks to a Noble town? Or is that just a limit for testing purposes?

barryg

You can only add 4 chunks to a Noble town? Or is that just a limit for testing purposes?
All the prices and amounts are all settable by the admins. They are just there for testing purposes. (Four (in total 5) is pretty low :))

Also admins can override the max plots in specific cases. Same for the amount of regions someone can create.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
barry thats epic.
Could it be color-coded where ur town is green, and you can set ally towns to blue and enemy towns to read, and neutral towns to yellow or some other color? (yellow might not be a great choice)

barryg

barry thats epic.
Could it be color-coded where ur town is green, and you can set ally towns to blue and enemy towns to read, and neutral towns to yellow or some other color? (yellow might not be a great choice)
These are not towns. They are regions. ;) But I will add multiple "personalisation" options to the map. Like color etc.

For now green is your owned plots with dark green as the main plot. And blue is someone else's plot with dark blue as the main plot.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Sorry, i said town, but i meant regions. Remember im still used to and stuck on the towny system, but i meant regions :p

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Perhaps u should add an option to claim plots right from the map. Like have a movable plot selector and be able to claim plots without having to type commands by just hitting enter on the desired plot.
And perhaps have an option to make it have an overlay of a normal mc map, so you can see what plots correspond to what sections of actual mc builds and what not.
Sorta like the grid overlay option on rei's minimap.

barryg

Perhaps u should add an option to claim plots right from the map. Like have a movable plot selector and be able to claim plots without having to type commands by just hitting enter on the desired plot.
And perhaps have an option to make it have an overlay of a normal mc map, so you can see what plots correspond to what sections of actual mc builds and what not.
Sorta like the grid overlay option on rei's minimap.
I don't have the option to get user input with only Bukkit (except mouse clicks.) So navigating a 3d map with just left and right click is possible (left click = left, shift left click = right etc.) but will create a very strange experience.

Currently I need 22 x 22 chunks to fill the map. Each chunk is 8 x 8 pixels so I need to grab 8 x 8 blocks from the top layer of the chunk. This in total is 22 x 22 x 8 x 8 = 30.976!! blocks I need to check. I could use some caching but I think this will have a very large impact on the server.

Also the colors of the map are VERY restricted. The colors I use will be blending with the terrain :(

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
So do i just keep coming up with ideas and u just keep shooting em down? XD
As for the chunk problem, 22 x 22 may be unecesarily large. YOu probably dont need to see that many. If you made it instead made each chunk larger and just used less, u could get more detail in each chunk.

barryg

So do i just keep coming up with ideas and u just keep shooting em down? XD
As for the chunk problem, 22 x 22 may be unecesarily large. YOu probably dont need to see that many. If you made it instead made each chunk larger and just used less, u could get more detail in each chunk.
Hahaha. Sorry, I don't mean to shoot down everything just like your avatar. I really appreciate all the input! If for example I shoot it down and you still have some ideas (just like now ;)) please, PLEASE! keep 'm coming!

I will try and make it 11 x 11 tonight and try your suggestion. 2K is a lot less than 31K of blocks! :)

But the difference with the minimap mod is that that one is client side. So everything is done on your computer. As with this plugin everything is done on the server :p

Again, please keep the suggestions coming! Even if I shoot the suggestion down the higher ups can always overrule me :)

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Cool cool cool.
Anyway, there is a way to have something equatable to town assistants right?