Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

GoldenWanderer's whitelist application. [Accepted - Cukie1]

1. What is your Minecraft username?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)
GoldenWanderer
2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)
3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)
Panama (I am fluent in English though.)

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)
Yes I have.
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

Powergaming: Forcing an action on another player without giving space or a chance for the other player to respond.

Metagaming: Using informaiton ICly that one only knows OOC.
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

Nope.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.)

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

Well. I go by the name David, which is not my real name, but what people usually call me OOC. In my free time I enjoy writing, boxing, reading, watching tv shows and movies, and theater. My favorite book series until now have to be the Red Rising series (some good sci-fi) which I aspire to get on the level of the author of it, cause damn, it was a good book. But moving on. I aspire to be an author, hence why I enjoy to write. I want to do a little bit of everything. Plays. Shows. Books. All that stuff. Role playing is a good way to enhance my vocabulary and skills in writing, but I also do it because I find it fun. I have been roleplaying in general since 2011, didn't start on minecraft until late 2013. I believe that's all about me I'm willing to share.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

I'd rather not. Scared of dat plagiarism (as most of the 'work' I have I intend to use later on.)
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

Yes, I was reffered to this server by Raphael_Payne/Winter_Payne.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)
Gatha'in
Character Age:
(Simple enough!)
Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)

Moor elf.
Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

White hair, light gray skin, purple eyes, not thin, but not muscly. A good build for balance between footwork and good strikes. Usually wears a black or light blue gambeson, attempting not to attract any attention. And cuts his hair on his own, as he doesn't have much regard for traditional elven culture, so his hair usually reaches his nape. (part of it, anyways.) Chiseled features, like any elf. That would be about it.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)
I have to edit my skin as it includes armor.
Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Gatha'in Telvhalnim, ofcourse, of the Telvhalnim clan. Raised in Linlea, secluded from proper society by his parents, and two older siblings. He was raised in a strict home, traditional in some senses. His parents were religious, followers of the Grey Lady. Even though the Grey Lady is known for neutral morality, his parents thought whatever they did was right, famously including hiding their kids and 'protecting' them from society. The reason for his parents being that way, dates back to twenty years prior, where the eldest son of the Telvhalnim clan caught a disease in one of his travels, ending in the death of him, making their parents terrified of ever letting their child outside. Their obsession with the Grey Lady came with his brother's death as well. As the Grey Lady is a judge of the afterlife, and the Telvhalnim craved a good passing for their son, and for themselves, and whoever came after, starting their unhealthy obsession.

The Telvhalnims had pride in the Moor Race, so they taught their son how to write and speak in Mok'yra, and how to defend himself, as they were terrified their poor baby would get mugged in the case they let him outside. They taught him history as well, and of course, of the Grey Lady. (obviously letting their opinions and filtering sneak into their lessons)

Gatha'in in his free time would read (what he was allowed,) but became extremely doubtful of what his parents believed in. His parents being undyingly loyal to the Grey Lady, saw their son as a heretic, but vowed to 'cure him' from his lack of belief. Usually ending in them trying to 'beat some sense into him' quite literally. Instead of becoming a 'TRUE FOLLOWER OF THE GREY LADY!' alternatively, became a great liar, and even more resentful to his parents..

Being shacked up in the house for so long, and forced to kill time in a way that was not found 'unholy' Gatha'in exercised as well. Trained himself. Mainly with an old family falchion that belonged to his father when he wasn't an elder. This makes Gatha'in have more muscle mass than the average dark elf. Gathain is no body builder, but has a nice build thanks to the hours spent doing exercise daily. He spent hours speaking with his older siblings, one being a sister, and the other a brother, which made his speech fluid, but didn't help his socializing, as all of them were at a similar situation.

Gatha'in also had no regard for Moor culture, coming to resent it thanks to his parents. Gatha'in generally ignores cultural importance, and only shares values with whatever it is if it makes sense.

When Gatha'in reached his late teens, and his parents still denied him of any responsibilities and rights, and still didn't feel like even /he/ knew himself. Gathain craved for the sight of the world, and would do anything for it. So he committed Moor Elf taboo. He abandoned the clan in the middle of the night, leaving his last name with it. And he did it. he was finally free. Not caring for the fate of his parents, and his 'conforming' siblings.Thinking he was finally done with his troubles. . .

Gatha'in, now having much more liberty, thanks to his upbringing, became incredibly irresponsible, was extremely innocent, and unfit for most jobs, usually ending up begging in the streets. But in his mind, it was way better than to be imprisioned. Gatha'in also developed a wish for infinite knowledge, knowledge he had been denied as a child, visiting any library he could, and snatching as many books as possible. More issues arose as he realized he was unable to make friends, always having a low profile, but he also realized he liked it, debating on why he should change his ways. His difficult life has taken him up to here, but where else will it guide him?

(ps. His allignment is chaotic neutral, and he doesn't entirely know what he actually likes and dislikes, which I'd preffer be found out through rp.)

(Extra information not mentioned in the story is his allignment, which is currently Chaotic Neutral.)
Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Just a quick note:
-Tel in a Moor name is added as Tel'Name, you don't lose the capitalization of the surname. (It would be Tel'Vhalnim)
-Keep in mind to keep skills at novice level, that means no master swordsman.

Otherwise-

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.