Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

haybalebarn's Application [Accepted - Cukie1]

haybalebarn

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
haybalebarn. I don't know the server's policy on alts, but I also have an alt, HayHai

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Indeed I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Roleplay is a loose social agreement: Everyone is expected to play their character as faithfully and realistic as possible in the world that is being played in. Power and Meta gaming both crop up when that social contract is broken. Powergaming happens with someone break that trust in respect to their character's abilities. The obvious example is someone who logs onto a server and immediately attempts to start using their ultra-magic to shoot deathlazers everywhere. However, it can also be something simply as a character, over time, not getting injured after being involved in a number of dangerous situations, not being hit by a swarm of arrows, or evenly matching someone in combat that they have no right evenly matching.

Metagaming is a breaking of this contract in regards to knowledge. Player and Character are separate entities, and as such they know different things. Metagaming is using knowledge from outside your character and 'giving' it to you character so to speak. Whether that knowledge was gained in an ooc chat, by a previous character, or some other manner, it's still wrong to use. It can also be subtle, such as seeing a player name through a wall and walking towards it, possibly ruining someone hiding or eavesdropping.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Most certainly not!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Glados

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hey! I'm a Pacific Coast USA college student, English student to be precise. Currently no job and broke as can be, but I make do with what I can. I have a passion for a lot of things, art, music, writing, streaming, but at the end of the day it's best to say that I love things that allow me to express myself, and to hopefully make someone else think too, and maybe understand a little bit more of the world through it. My favorite color is Grey, which often gets me a lot of odd looks, but that's fine by me! I'm sure you'll get to know more about me the longer you hang around me.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I'll pass, but I love that this is here if people want to do so, props to you guys!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Not particularly. Searching round the internet~
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Self-Chosen: Hay
Birth: Wouldn't you like to know

Character Age:

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
At first glance, it’s somewhat easy to mistake Hay for a human instead of an elf; standing at 5’10, he’s shorter than even your average human male is. He’d be somewhat skinny to be a human however, having a slender build standard for most elves. If the slender build isn’t enough to tip people off, the pointed ears poking out from his hair. His hair is a dark, chestnut brown, falling a good few inches past shoulders, with bangs just long enough that he has to blow them out of his dark green eyes, on occasion.

His clothes are nearly exactly what you'd expect from a forest elf. He wears a heavy, dark green shirt that matches the color of his eyes. He wears a belt with a variety of pockets and pouches on it, the most notable a set of daggers and some throwing knives neatly sheathed. His pants are simple, brown, canvas, and sturdy. He wears brown leather boots which match his brown leather gloves, nothing particularly special to look at besides the fact that they’re there.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I'm a bit lazy...

Written Test!

Two young elven men sat on a branch, staring as the orange light of the setting sun dripped through the leaves, lazily gilding the rare lucky patch of earth below. Same eyes, same color hair, near same face, same age, the pair were twins in all but reality, cousins in actuality. But there were differences, one had long hair, the cut much shorter. Whereas the first's eyes had a certain fierceness, a hard set, the second's held a much softer, considerate expression. The first had a bit more of muscle tone, a bit more time in the outdoors than the second. Though it was nearly impossible to tell, the first lacked a year that the second had, an imperfect mirroring.

As they watched the world bathe, the first quietly struck up a conversation. "Ri'daar, don't you think it's silly how often people talk as if we are the most free of any elf, of any race?"

The second plucked a sprouting leaf from the branch. "I hadn't really thought of it, but I would say that it is justified. None live freely in the forest, in harmony with the wilds, with the trees, like we do."

The first scoffed, then took a deep breath of the cooling air. "But that is foolish. We are rooted, more bound than any other. We leave for a time, to hunt, to gather, but we always come back to our Eldnarí. We rarely travel, rarely move or change trees. The elders have been here their entire life. It seems to me that is the least free existence of all."

The second pondered for a while, finding the right string of words for his reply. "But are we not the most free in spirit, in personality, in life and very nature itself?"

The first sighed as the last drops of gold slowly trickled, a stray drop crossing his face. "But shouldn't the life of an individual represent their spirit, their personality, their life and very nature?"

There was a pause, longer than the one before, until eventually the second's shoulders slumped in defeat. He knew what was coming next. They had been together for too long to not know the others mind. He wanted to protest, to convince, to state how the first would regret, how the others of the grove already considered him too free-spirited, too wild, perhaps slightly unhinged with sudden swings in mood. He knew it wouldn't change anything, though. "I suppose you are correct."

"I know I am. That's why I'm leaving. Uprooting. I'm tired of this life, these people, this tree, these familiar forest paths, and days of repetition that we try and call different. Of this name... perhaps I'll take up a new one."

With that, the first slipped off the branch, making his descent. The second stared down, trying to think of the right words, but there were none. Only something slightly bitter. "You'll regret it."

"So will you." His hand faltered for a moment, and he looked back up to the second. "What should my new name be for this new life?"

The second was a thinker, but for once he did not think. "Hay. It's a light, fragile, stupid little thing that gets carried in the wind and blows away, yet somehow it seems almost happy to be buffeted around in the air." The second had always been as much of a dreamer as the first, although it was more hidden.

The first smirked, then chuckled, then light out a light, amused laugh. "I like it, cousin. If you ever decide to leave yourself, feel free to come and find me." And so, Hay slipped down from the leaves like the drops of gold he had been watching and set off, dissolving into the forest floor.

(Seems a literary mood has taken me. I'm sorry if things are confusing, hopefully you should be able to follow it!)

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Give me a moment to look over

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'll have to ask you to pick between the dagger and throwing knives (past bad experiences) along with keeping them of poor quality. The server policy on alts is that you have to wait approximately one month before asking a staff member to whitelist your alt. For now I'll let mentors know to whitelist haybalebarn.

And with that:

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

haybalebarn

Lord of Altera
Alright, I'll definitely just change that to having a crude bone knife.

I logged into the server, and received a message that I am not whitelisted. I'm assuming this is just an error?

haybalebarn

Lord of Altera
Still unable. I think maybe of the issue might be that I first looked at this server almost a year ago, I logged in an looked around for a while and did some mini-quests on a sort of tutorial island, then logged out and never made a whitelist application or anything, and eventually moved on. I refound it recently and did the application, and now I'm still on that sort of tutorial island with no npcs or anything, so I believe it may be phased out or obsolete, and that's messing with some things? Just a guess though, I honestly have no idea. I'll stay logged into the server for as long as I can, just in case that might help you guys figure it out.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
When you log in type /warp whitelist