Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

I am the Atmenian King, and this is my application! [Approved - Sally]

KingGorn

Villager
1. What is your minecraft username?
Tracehunter !

2. How old are you?
I just had eighteen years old the past 18 April. (I hope this sentence was "good english", you understand, I'm spanish :3)

3. What gender are you?
I am a girl, but I feel a bit like a boy. So, I am a tomboy...

4. What country do you live in?
I live in Belgium. ^^

5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
And I am 100% okay with the Tome of Citizenship and the Survival Guide. Rules have to be respected, we don't like anarchy, you and I. Do we ?

5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
Yes, I had. And to be sure not to forgive anything, I will reread it as soon as possible.

6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
Lenghty ? Okay.
First of all, I am actually writing sci-fi and heroic fantasy books (in french). I am very proud of my work, and I felt that Gorn, the Atmenian King, (a character from my first book, "Les Terres de Broghild"), would be one of the more appropriated characters to incarnate here. It should be an honor for you, it's the first time I give an english-translated sample coming from one of my books ^^
"Coming from the garden where he had taken the wyverns, Kalvin crossed the path of a curious individual. A bipedal anthropomorphic wolf, in a fancy dress that was both futurist and aristocratic.
The silhouette get out the penumbra. Small silver eyeglasses were placed upon his canine snout. His brown fur and his olive suit gave him a good color combination, which was both refined and extravagant. The inside of his ears were cream-colored.
He removed his little glasses, wiped them, and aske with a big smile :
- Good morning, my brave. I am the vicount Lowfos Odanelu. An expert in Animagic. Nice to meet you !
Kalvin came to a halt to greet him.
- Good morning, Sir. May I help you ?
Lowfos began to think thoughtfully. But next, he refuted this proposition :
- No, thanks, this is not necessary. My comrades are waiting me for a little symposium, somewhere in this fortress. Just a little transaction before sitting down to table !
Kalvin found him quite strange. On the other hand, he appreciated his sympathy.
- Very well, said the hero. Goodbye.
- Have a nice day. Replied the wolf.
During this time, the King Garrodf and his guests of honor were patiently waiting the dishes to come. They were in an adjoining room, near the kitchen, and they could smell the tempting odors that were embalming the air.
In this room, the white-painted walls were disposing numerous trims, each vault was garnished with a magnificent chandelier. The table where they were seated was covered with a white tablecloth that always disgusted Garrodf.
Other people seemed to have been invited by the King of Kaenonia, but there was some empty thrones. Only the Atmenian King, called "Gorn", was arrived in advance.
Because of the heavy armor and its royal clothings, no one could have been able to see one single part of his skin. A long cape was hooked back to his red bronze-made cuirass.
As each master of a kingdom, he had in his possession a mighty Sacred Weapon. The one in his hand was a serrated longsword. A so light weapon with a so thin blade, that Gorn could fight with a fascinating speedness and agility. Some people told that he could strike with the speed of sound. No one knew how his weapon has never been damaged. Maybe because it has been forged with the fire of a dragon ?
- Again this cursed-by-Kuoheemoth piece of tissue ? Wondered Garrodf with a playful smile. My servants know well that we never place tablecloths on a whitestone table. I must take it off !
The king pushed back his chair, and left nobly the table, as if nothing happened.
- But... the table is layed, Sir Garrodf. Said the Kalvin's brother.
- There's nothing to worry about, m'boy ! Admire what I've learnt some months ago : the art of removing tablecloths !
He placed himself at the end of the table, took the tissue with both hands, and then declared :
- Under your bug-eyed eyes, the big archmage Garrodf will show you how...
He interrupted himself, then he pulled with all his might. The result was calamitous. Farewell cutlery, goblets, plates ! Everything flew towards him, eyes closed, and smashed the ground in a terrible racket.
King Garrodf reopened his eyes, but didn't prefered to admire his remarkable drivel. Gorn finished solemnly Garrodf's previous phrase, giving the giggles to Carkmous :
- How to get rid of a table like a bat outta hell."
In brief, Gorn Tracehunter is an atmenian. Atmenians are draconian-like beings, known to be excellent fighters in matter of rapidity, agility and efficacity in the battlefield.
He is quite calm, and friendly with people he knows. He can become very stubborn when the situation is hard, but is always there to clown around. To be honest, he is a bit lunatic. Not in a bad sense, though, because he is always happy, solemn and funny if circumstances allow.
Gorn do love dragons and other draconic creatures, but is a bit mistrutful with futurist machines and things that doesn't match with the elements of his epoch.
"No traces from Gorn appeared in the Great Prophecy of Kunyegma, The First Demiurge. Till the day the previous leader of Atmenia has abdicted and given the Astral Crown of Éèlensaor Ragzzaninne to the XIVth Broghildian Praesidium.
This era has changed the history of Atmenia.
With no king inside the doors of the Atmenian Kingdom, all the "Archland" was prey to the growing Legacy of Ypterak The Oppressor and its "Heirs", the "Sauroctones". Known as dragon hunters, and then enemies of the Divine Order. Even the Elf Queen had announced in her last congress at "the Tree of the World" that "if the two Atmenian Republics became overthrown, Ypterak would have only two enemies : the dwarfs... and the elves."
The next day, the Takvern Emperor, known by everyone as "Ba'al-from-the-East", came peacefully in Atmenia, and brought with him the Flaïwaian Princes, Carkmous and Maschalix, in company of the Princess Minevigeka. This has been one the biggest and longest gathering of armies that has taken place in Broghild. There, behind the Bay of Rentebr, the Emperor would have said that if they wanted a king, they should speak a word to a certain Gorn Tracehunter.
Hearing those words from her sky palace, the goddess Éèlensaor went to Broghild, at the door of the familial pied-à-terre of Gorn.
Many people from everywhere came there to see what the goddess was doing in the residence of the Tracehunters. But no one could have seen or hear Éèlensaor's conversation with the future savior of Atmenia...
Gorn kept this secret for himself and no one else. But he had affirmed in his first Royal Council, that when he saw the goddess with the White Crown in her hands, that he knew she came to give it to him.
This period became the Age of the People's Apogee. Because Gorn won successfully his first battle against the mighty Sauroctones, in the Valley of Buenap. And from this day, no one in Broghild, not even the lonely peasant in his house, fear no more Ypterak"

"Atmenians, this fight showed to the Oppressor who we are. We don't fear neither him, nor his worms ! May this day anchored in the memory of every faithful beings, because we have not won the war yet. Everyone in Broghild will have to be strong, to hope for a reviving and everlasting peace ! And this time, we will have to prepare us for what could certainly be... the final struggle..." - Gorn Tracehunter, actual King of Atmenia
7. Please introduce yourself to the community;
My name is Sarah, as I said before, I am eighteen, I like philharmonic musics, symphonic black metal and power metal. Most of all, I DO LOVE writing books of every kinds. (Especially heroic fantasy.) And since I play Minecraft, wouldn't that be a marvelous combination, fantasy and a sandbox game ? This is what led me to Hollow World, I always need more and more inspiration sources. I wanna be a bit like my idol, Walt Disney. I dream of things, I want to make them live, and to share them with the world around me. Also, I love Japan :3

I am someone sincere, joyful and timid. I love to be helpful. I have the Asperger Syndrome, and is also one of its few survivors. But it's thanks to my parents that I am what I am today. So, don't be astonished if I can seem strange sometimes ^^

I am a very big video games player, I can post you the games I've played from two years old till now... if I remember them all. The main ones are Super Smash Bros. Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Darkness II [Steam], TF2 [Steam], Serious Sam III [Steam, too], DOTA 2 [Steam], Super Mario Galaxy, and I'm also a great fan of Pokemon and League of Legends ^^

I will begin night school at the beginning of September, near Couillet. I don't think you know where it is, since it's in Belgium. Or maybe some of you are belgian or french ? ^^

8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside?
I'm sorry, I won't put attachments of my written works because I'm so afraid of plagiarism... I mean, I know you would never do this, but other people outside this community could, if it was possible...
I'm also working in a forum, to create homebrews and games, it is called Team Rumble Forums, FYI.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
My Minecraft buildings ! :D

And I would like to share some samples of my books here, if there's a place that only true members can see.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic [...] is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
I am absolutely aware that black magic is not for true playa' ! It's like cheating in an exam; you can have succeeded with 90%, but these points are not fairly-obtained ones, and then you have no honor in suceeding.

11. How did you find out about our server?
I was just searching the biggest and prettiest minecraft servers to go to. And then I found Hollow World ^^

12. Have you voted for us?
I will, as soon as possible ! :D

I hope this is not too long or too short... or too annoying. Oh, please note that I like cute kittens, and funny jokes :3
Thank you very much for devoting your time for me, it'll be an honor to meet you ^^View attachment 10509View attachment 105102011-05-08_11.12.42.png2012-02-05_18.17.40.png2012-07-07_15.04.35.png2012-07-07_17.03.09.png2012-07-07_22.17.11.png

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
You're going to have to format the application properly. More spacing, the questions, not what your doing, it seems great, but take a look at an accepted app or two to get the right idea :p

KingGorn

Villager
Thank you for the tips ^^

Edit : here, more spaces ;)
And I've completely forgotten Gorn's backstory ! How I can be abstracted >v<

KingGorn

Villager
I would be interested if you can explain what you mean by this.
Assuming the fact you probably have heard about what the Asperger Syndrome is, I will explain why I'm "one of its few survivors.

In fact, for the children that have followed the CHAT test, (CHAT for "Checklist for Autism in Toddlers"), and have been detected as "an Asperger", parents have two choices :
- Educate their child as they educate a "normal" child,
- Place their child in an institution.

My parents had opted for the first choice. They've educated me with homeschooling till my third grade, and then we've decided that I'll go to the normal school. And I firmly believe that if I've been placed in an institution, without my mom's education method and also her fantastic will, that I wouldn't have written any books from now.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Assuming the fact you probably have heard about what the Asperger Syndrome is, I will explain why I'm "one of its few survivors.

In fact, for the children that have followed the CHAT test, (CHAT for "Checklist for Autism in Toddlers"), and have been detected as "an Asperger", parents have two choices :
- Educate their child as they educate a "normal" child,
- Place their child in an institution.

My parents had opted for the first choice. They've educated me with homeschooling till my third grade, and then we've decided that I'll go to the normal school. And I firmly believe that if I've been placed in an institution, without my mom's education method and also her fantastic will, that I wouldn't have written any books from now.
I thought I'd check just in case. The word survivors left me a little confused as I know personally that there is no cure.

KingGorn

Villager
I thought I'd check just in case. The word survivors left me a little confused as I know personally that there is no cure.
This is sure. Even now, I have some periods where my Asperger Autism shows itself. An example, I often say what I think about such or such thing, which caused some moments of discomfort to my parents...

And I love your ava ! xD

KingGorn

Villager
Oh, I see ! Not a problem, I will see what I can do ^^
... Is there "race applications" ? No I'm joking x)

Edit : I think about switching his race into "Elf". From now, he will be known as an elf. This is permitted, isn't it ?

bewpy

Loyal Servant of Altera
Yes elves are permitted. I actually like your app alot. There's alot of personality there. :3

KingGorn

Villager
Yes elves are permitted. I actually like your app alot. There's alot of personality there. :3
Oh, thank you very much ! :3
You know, I work a lot and very hard to perfect my tales, literature is all my life. I have hundreds and hundreds of .txt files containing everything about my books and everything they contain. (I never begin to write a book without knowing everything about it, without knowing how the story continues, etc !)
Plus, I've always mixed the epic themes of heroic fantasy with many funny moments. So, it is impossible not to laugh while reading my books, because my humor is omnipresent in nearly every chapters. Wouldn't it be awesome to read both funny and epic books at the same time ? ^^

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Thank you for understanding :D I'll approve you now.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

KingGorn

Villager
Thank you for understanding :D I'll approve you now.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.
[...]
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
Ohoh yeah ! Thank you so much ^^
I will re read the Survival Guide and the Tome of Citizenship now ! And x-ray is for no-real Minecraft players.
"I swear by the atmenian blood in my veins and the heart that pumps it, that I will never use those kinds of black magic !"

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Fraid not, I can't remember which rank can use it, or it was a special thing xD. Sorry, I don't usually get this question often, so I'm not sure.