Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest Check: An OOC organization to promote better roleplay?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Just a thought I had this morning. Here's a quick breakdown:

- This OOC group is open to all

- simple, two tiered system of teachers and students, wouldn't need any "highest authority"

- teachers pair up with students, roleplay, and then discuss better techniques during and/or after the roleplay concludes.

- teachers also can promote roleplay goals, things that help students better themselves (this one in particular used to be a thing, I forget who used to do it but I remember the one I picked up on was roleplaying responses to weather like running under some cover when it rains)

- and anything else we can think of to promote good roleplay technique/etiquette/ect.

Would be something pretty simple to do I believe, but it would need the support of active players that are willing to teach. I realized that I, along with a number of others, had been criticizing bad roleplay behaviors but there's very little set up to help stop that kind of problem. I think something like this certainly could be a big step in the right direction.

So, who's willing to teach? Who's willing to learn?

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
Id also be willing- If you dont have the time, to write up an organisation thread for this tah easier category the teachers&students what nots.. iffin you aren't already doin that. Or help you do it, or whatevs, I rlly rlly like this idea

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Can help with teaching and give clarification on guidelines/rules (Especially surrounding metagaming, powergaming, RP-skills, etc) if its wanted :D

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Sign me up as a student :)
I find a lot of times meh RP skills lacking.

Edit: My low range of Vocabulary mostly. Often find people like @Somnastra @Michcat and @Valonyx use in neat words that I don't understand (besides the French ones Val,those don't count)

Raith

Lord of Altera
I am needing to become a student for sure, considering there are times where I mess up and all

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'm really glad to see so much interest in something like this. I'll start up some threads and whatnot in the morning for everything mentioned.

In the meantime feel free to discuss and suggest what all you'd like to see from something like this, things we could do, et cetera and so forth.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
The only issue with rain is how absurdly random it is, people should definitely try to react but it's just ridiculous a lot of the time lol. That said, I can teach sure.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I'll say, I'm not the best role player, yet I have some things I'm good at and others I'm not the best at, so sign me up for both :3