Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Izzymaster1023- application [Accepted - Niek]

Izzy ^-^

Villager
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

Izzymaster1023.
Yes, that is One-Zero-Two-Three.
2) How old are you?

16 years of age.

3) Where are you?

In Northern California, where we must take 2 30-second showers a week because of a water shortage.

4) Have you read our guides yet?

I've tried my very best. I read the Core Races synopsis, and was immediately drawn to Elves, who are my favorite creatures, and was also drawn to Silver Elves, as silver is my favorite color/precious metal because it is so regal and elegant, not flashy and showoff-ish as Gold is. . I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information. I planned to read through all the races and all the sub-races, but.. there is so much information for one sub-race that I could barely get through the Silver Elves page! I love being thorough on things, but I just read through the Tome of Citizenship, and the Silver Elves page. I went to the Survival Guide page, and there are so many of just the player guides, I told myself, "If there are this many PLAYER guides in just one area of the survival guide, and every sub-category is as big as the Silver Elves page, and there are 5- FIVE!- areas like the Survival Guide, it'd take you weeks to get through everything!"
So, out of sheer laziness(which I am ashamed of) I only read the Tome of Citizenship, Applying for Whitelist, and Silver Elves pages.
Note: I read the King's Law and Libraries of Altera as well as the Forest Elves page, and the page for The Honey Badger(inn).

5) Introduce yourself!

"HHCXeq3kJ dffjfl-vt7 r4asss s2l55u" ~Cookie, my darlin' pet guinea pig, when she decided to march all around my keyboard. This happened when I was re-editing.

Hello! I'm Izzy, a sophmore in high-school. I am a part time barista at Starbucks, and as such am a coffee fanatic. I enjoy my job because I get to interact with so many people, and of course I get discounts on the coffee!
Anyways, my hobbies are swimming, coffee(Drinking it, making it), reading, writing, games, and YouTube. Along with Minecraft, I enjoy horror games, but my favorite kinds of games are games that I can immerse myself into, worlds that I can go to as such to escape the real world, because life is pretty dull without magic! (I also am a huge LoTR, HP, and PJO fan, as they are prime examples of fantasy worlds.) I'd have to say, I enjoy thinking of myself as regal and elegant, but I probably really am not, but that's for you to judge, not me.

6) Got any examples of your work?

Nope. Sorry. I write stories, I do, but I'd really rather keep my stories to myself. My stories are, as I mentioned earlier, my escapes from reality, my alternate worlds where I can call the shots, and I never share them with even my closest friends.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?
Yep. I explored the starting quest up to the way to the Blacksmith's.. area, but I decided I'd like to be whitelisted before continuing.

8) Referrer: (Optional)

Nope.
Sorry.

About your character
Name
:

Valkyrie Fjord.
I cannot change my mine craft skin due to security questions. I may or may not have to make a completely new character until I can get an answer from Mojang.

18-23

Race:

Silver Elf.

Appearance:

A fair-skinned elf, with delicate features and high cheekbones. Her eyes are a bright silver.Note: Specks of purple in silver eyes. If that is not allowed, I'll change it to plain silver in the next edit(if any.) Once again, edited away the purple flecks(much to my disappointment.) Her lips are petite and perfectly shaped, naturally tinged with a wine red and normally colored that same natural wine red. Her flowing brown hair is glossy and almost magically maintains a perfect shape. Edited. Even I don't know what I meant by "silver sheen on brown hair"! Her features are perfectly symmetrical, with high arching eyebrows and ears that taper to a prominent point. She is tall and graceful, with a melodic persuasive voice.

The test

Completely re-written. Whisked away the magic and changed the color of the dresses.
Valkyrie peacefully sits on a rock, the seaside winds buffeting her face. Her dress is a long white dress, with a navy blue dress trimmed with silver layered over it. She wears a thin transparent white veil, but it is pulled back over her hair to expose her face. I hate having to wear headscarves, veils.. She thinks.. She looks over the stormy sea, and thinks of her life. Her mother hadn't allowed her to sing, as it was supposedly only to be done by the lower class. She then attempted to convince her mother to let her paint, resulting in the same ban as singing. She wasn't supposed to make friends with the lower class, yet the lower class was so much nicer then her "friends" made by her parents. Her life wasn't hers.. it was her mother's. Valkyrie laid down on the sand and stared at the clouded sky. Pulling her veil over her face, she closed her eyes. Sheer laziness on my part. Yes, she just fell asleep on the beach. Problem? :p
"Valkyrie!" Valkyrie's mother, Soren, shook her awake. Her jet black hair swept towards Valkyrie, her stormy gray "silver" eyes and pointed, prominent features were arranged in an angry, impatient look. "Valkyrie! Why did you fall asleep right on the beach! On the ground no less!" Soren said, as if murder was a more acceptable act. "I-" Valkyrie began angrily, when Soren interrupted her. "Do you know how much you've stained our reputation? Not just yours, but our entire family!" Soren whispered angrily, checking nervously for any bystanders." Valkyrie got up, swept the sand off her dress, turned around, and promptly walked away, Soren walking as quickly as she could to catch up with her. "Valkyrie, look at me!" she kept on repeating in a whisper. Valkyrie could just see her mother, though she didn't turn to look. Her pale, almost white skin flushed with bright red with embarrassment, her sharply angled eyebrows arranged in a frown, the cloud of dust following her and staining her flowing white dress as she half walked half ran to keep up with Valkyrie's crisp pace. Yet, Valkyrie kept walking, her veil clouding her expression. Soren stopped attempting to stop her at some point, but Valkyrie kept walking. Walking, walking, walking. Away from her past, her present, towards her future. Towards a life that was truly hers. Past buildings, hills, houses, trees, until she came to a an inn. "The Honey Badger" was it's name..

I hope to role-play through. If this is too short, excuse it, because once I am whitelisted I can add more if need be once I role-play though it!

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Greetings! Just a couple things I wanted to bring up for you to address. The first is that your test is too short. The minimum requirement that the application asks is 400 word minimum. You'll need to extend that before I can do any proper evaluation of the test.

You also mentioned not reading all the guides and lore. I'd like to emphasize reading the King's Law, as that is the rules for the Server.

And you mention that she has amethyst eyes. Purple isn't a color silver elves usually have, as the lore mentions either silver, blue, or green. I'm also not sure what you mean by brown hair having a silver sheen?

If you want to fix up those things and extend the application, I'll give it another look. :)

Izzy ^-^

Villager
Please do, give it another look! I fixed it up quite a bit.
The changes are listed below, but elaborated on in the actual application in this font/color.

-The test nearly doubled in size, and as explained there, I hope to role-play off of it.

-Kings Law and a few other scrolls were read.

-Her eyes are silver, but with purple/amethyst colored.. flecks/specks in her eyes.

-I fixed up the "silver sheen" thing. I have no idea what I did there, in the first place.

-I noticed on another whitelist application, that your characters are supposed to start with basic traits/knowledge. I hope for Valkyrie to get into magic, and I hope that it's fine that in my test she did a bit(a lot) of magic, but she had no idea what happened, and that this fact will excuse her from being shot-down for prior knowledge of magic.

^-^ Enjoy re-reading! I'm glad to see the staff review every application thoroughly, as many servers would just accept it on the spot. That is the sign of a good server, and I'm excited to (eventually) join!

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Heyo again! Thanks for making the edits, but there's still a thing or two to fix. With the purple flecks in eyes, it's fine to have colored flecks, but again, purple eyes, even just flecks, doesn't quite fit with their lore. I also noticed you said you're having trouble changing your minecraft skin? It should be doable from www.minecraft.net from the profile section.

The biggest thing is that magic is heavily restricted on the server. As noted in the instructions on the whitelist application, we ask that people don't write magic characters. Magic can only be gained IG and through roleplay and never through backstory. I'm afraid you'll have to remove that aspect of the character and rework that bit of the test.

Izzy ^-^

Villager
Done! My mine craft security questions simply aren't answerable, so I maybe will make an alt fitting my player skin until I can get that fixed? (If allowed.)
New corrections written in this font and color.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Thank you for being patient with the edits.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Izzy ^-^

Villager
Thank you for being patient with the edits.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Oh, trust me, I'm much more eager then you can even imagine!
Thank you so much!