Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

John's Application - [Accepted- mokwar]

John Griffin

Villager
About Me!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TheRandomRPGer

.2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
South Africa

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Power-gaming: Creating OP character traits which creates an unfair advantage or prevents death, usually not mentioned until needed. (Last minute Death prevention ) Giving your character familiars or guards/friends to protect them when no Minecraft Character is visible.

Meta-Gaming: Finding weaknesses or other attributes of characters while Out of Character (OCC) ,including being stealth ed or hidden , then going into the RP and being able to find that hidden character or expose those weaknesses when you In-RP character did not see them or have no contact with the character or knowledge of those attributes.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope, flying is also prohibited

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
mokwar

-Mentors wil help with Roleplays if you are battling to find a point for your character to join to fit into the story and lore
-Mentors will help introduce you into the community
-Mentors will help you with plugins and lore based questions

8. Tell us about yourself
-I have recently gotten into a lot of digital art which lead to animation and other forms of craft
-I play guitar and love it!
-I love fantasy based games and literature, steampunk is also amazing
-I have a dog called Roger 0-0
-My favorite types of music is Folk,Indie or anything with stringed instrument preferably violin and guitar of course

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I love building in minecraft and mainly medieval and as mentioned digital art and recently animation

Example of my building:
2017-04-11_19.12.36.png 2017-04-11_19.13.15.png 2017-04-11_19.13.29.png

Example of my art(Very basic):Sketch101134947.jpg
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)
About My Character!

Name:
ElrikkCharacter Age:
89(Equivalent to the age of 17 or 18 years as human)

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
-Tall and slender
-60 kgs (132lb) In weight
-Green Eyes
-ShortDark Brown Hair
-Light Olive Green Skin
-Light Arrogant tone (Voice)

Other Traits:Loves hunting and spending his days exploring the forest of Altera

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
TheRandomRPGEr 3d model.png
I plan to change the skins appearance , darker skin and more fur pelt clothing to fit into lore

Written Test!

Elrikk Stepped out of his home and took in the smell of the fresh forest air. He looked forward into the green landscape, focused on the detail of the flowers, trees and other forest life lying ahead of him. He shouted his farewells towards the inside of the house and then shut the door behind him and went to collect his bow, laying against a tree near his home. Elrikk looked towards the forests and whispered "Will you steady my aim and may my arrow kill for you, Theodra", he smiled as he ran, and the thought of adventure quickened his pulse.

He ran his pace quickening, through the forest feeling the cool morning breeze brush against his face. He slowed down to a halt and looked around the forest with a puzzled expression, he knelt down and looked at the ground looking for any obvious animal tracks, his skill in tracking were basic for he was still new to hunting, his skills with a bow were basic. He found some broken twigs and flowers that were either bent or pressed into the ground, he looked for any animal tracks, he found feint little feet imprints in the soft ground, a rounded crescent with four small round ovals coming off. Elrikk tried hard to distinguish what animal could have created the tracks, they were way too small to be that of a wolf but looked very similar, a fox! Excitement brightened up in Elrikk’s eyes as he stood up and went on following any signs of the fox. He nearly got to the point of giving up when a small rustle came from behind him, a small fluffy tail of orange-brown with a white end was hanging out from a bush, Elrikk slowly stepped towards the bush not knowing what to expect, he crouched and push the leaves of the bush apart and stared at what was a small little fox caught in a hand-made snare. Elrikk surprised, quickly drew a small hunting knife and released the fox, it dashed away before Elrikk could check it for any injuries. He decided its best if he left the area before an angry hunter came to scold Elrikk or do worse.

After running for a short few minutes Elrikk stopped at the sound of light mellow music, he slowly walked towards the sound, through the bushes he walked until he came across four young Caparii in a flowery patch, one playing on a pan flute as the rest danced to the cheerful music, this made Elrikk even more happy...what could go wrong in this world?

Last edited:

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Hey!
Your application looks good so far :D

I like how you have included our lore in your written test, but the written test has a 400 word minimum, and you currently are at 153 :D

So if you could add a little more, that would be swell!

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.