Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[June 18th] Act 3

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Another group found the bastion too, independently.
I've been keeping extremely well versed in the Aeon stuff, and it took Rygan 18 hours of RPing exploring the jungle before they found the Bastion, and nobody has said a word of any other groups doing any kind of exploring, so uh, how? Nobody else has been in there with any kind of preplanned events.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
So, looking at the event timings, literally immediately right after Rygan actually located the Bastion the expedition went right for it and found it first try?

Well, if it looks like a duck.

I call shenanigans.

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
It was a multi day event. we only found it right at the end of the second day. it took us about 5 to 6 hours to find it. pure luck we looked where we did.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
So, looking at the event timings, literally immediately right after Rygan actually located the Bastion the expedition went right for it and found it first try?

Well, if it looks like a duck.

I call shenanigans.

meanwhile we have a lot of magic stuff going on in the backround

shenanigans?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
It was a multi day event. we only found it right at the end of the second day. it took us about 5 to 6 hours to find it. pure luck we looked where we did.
I'm sorry, but I sincerely don't believe you. Rygan announced when he found it, and when he did so he was visible on the dynamic map. I apologize, but the expedition leader has absolutely no benefit of the doubt remaining due to them, and I honestly don't believe 'Luck' is a factor when someone else announced it and then the expedition chose to look where they did.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
meanwhile we have a lot of magic stuff going on in the backround

shenanigans?
What are you on about? There's no magic in the background because it hasn't gone live, and Naelwyn's character has been tremendously detached from every event. I've seen him participate in a campaign and what he's doing now is spectating at best.

Anyways, no salt in the event threads etc

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I'm sorry, but I sincerely don't believe you. Rygan announced when he found it, and when he did so he was visible on the dynamic map. I apologize, but the expedition leader has absolutely no benefit of the doubt remaining due to them, and I honestly don't believe 'Luck' is a factor when someone else announced it and then the expedition chose to look where they did.
We set up this event before Rygan found the bastion, so it's not meta-gaming on our part. We're sorry that it took him so long and us next to no time at all, but that's just the way these things go.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
What are you on about? There's no magic in the background because it hasn't gone live, and Naelwyn's character has been tremendously detached from every event. I've seen him participate in a campaign and what he's doing now is spectating at best.

Anyways, no salt in the event threads etc
Ehhhhhh not entirely true. Couple days ago I had to get a human sized ice chunk called Elias out of Arget's fountain because he froze himself in it. Who did it as a last result from Rygans publicly known sparked new generation Mage. (Granted I don't think he used magic in the battle but I do know there is at least one other sparked Mage out there OOC. Also Jason's hand in this is not publicly known, so if you go talk to him about it major meta.)

The above is regards to magic the below is in regards to Naelwyn.

Also casting magic that literally prevents anyone but him from touching the last Bastion stone when several folks did try to touch is in fact an action not spectating.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Ehhhhhh not entirely true. Couple days ago I had to get a human sized ice chunk called Elias out of Arget's fountain because he froze himself in it. Who did it as a last result from Rygans publicly known sparked new generation Mage. (Granted I don't think he used magic in the battle but I do know there is at least one other sparked Mage out there OOC. Also Jason's hand in this is not publicly known, so if you go talk to him about it major meta.)

Also casting magic that literally prevents anyone but him from touching the last Bastion stone when several folks did try to touch is in fact an action not spectating.
(jason's not publically known IC to be involved with magic afaik)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
(jason's not publically known IC to be involved with magic afaik)
I meant OOC public via the mages thread I would link but on my phone. Sorry should have clarified. IC you are quite right but it is discoverable. So go RP folks~

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff

On those: Elias vs Rygan was their own RP and part of the beta phase of magic, which still isn't ready for wide-scale release (there's like 2 mages total in existence since we're dry-running it for balance reasons).

Regardless of the cause and effect at play there, what we should be looking at is the fact that we have another event ready to go, and can advance the campaign and get closer to the new map. Positives!

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera
if you dont believe me there isn't anything I can do. I dont have transcripts of us talking in TS about searching that area 3 weeks before rygan and co even started. so I'm just going to let you be salty.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm really tired of people on this server using "Salty" to describe legitimate criticism.

I'm specifically noting the Date and Time of Discovery is one person finding it and then another group immediately going to the same location thereafter as a point of sincere "Guys, this does look pretty sketchy".

Instead of insulting me, I was expecting you to go "Well, here's some of our in-character conversations about our jungle-searching strategy" or give some data to rebut my data and conclusions, but instead you simply say "Yeah, we got lucky in how we explored it and we got right to it."

So yeah, as of right now I believe you guys metagamed the location. Insult me all you like, I am perfectly free to call this out and perfectly happy to admit I am wrong if I am given actual evidence that you did not. Ad Hominem ain't going to cut it.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I'm really tired of people on this server using "Salty" to describe legitimate criticism.

I'm specifically noting the Date and Time of Discovery is one person finding it and then another group immediately going to the same location thereafter as a point of sincere "Guys, this does look pretty sketchy".

Instead of insulting me, I was expecting you to go "Well, here's some of our in-character conversations about our jungle-searching strategy" or give some data to rebut my data and conclusions, but instead you simply say "Yeah, we got lucky in how we explored it and we got right to it."
Listen Naelwyn this isn't the first time it happened. The first time it was Rygan and crew cutting me and San off in the second Bastion and we claimed it publicly a full week before hand. This time he got cut off. So trust me I understand the anger and frustration. You can ask Rygan for some logs I was far from polite to him and he handled it very well.

Yeah it sucks but we can continue to dwell in righteous indignation about being robbed and see who has done the least wrong or we can move forward and try to have a good time. Like events are meant to be. Regardless of who finds it no one can get in without the stones and the event thread were arguing in right now says when it's opened it will be visible enough to literally lure everyone who wants to go there so it doesn't much matter.

SpartanDory

Lord of Altera

we did not get 'right to it' the event took two days. around 2 and a half hours each. and as for our strategy? we went nearish to the coast in a boat. then we went north from the eridan ruins. and just kept going from there with the plan of reaching dusk port. we happened to find along the way. I am sorry that you find it sketchy, but trust me when I say that there was no metagaming involved.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

Truthfully Naelwyn, they don't have to prove to you specifically with stats, details, logs of data on any strategy they used for an event they planned to enjoy if they do not want to. They only need to talk to the current Event head and their DM about any thoughts, plans, and actions they planned to do to search for the Bastion and they did. They scheduled an event ahead of time, and they had a DM who was prepared for it ahead of time. I am unsure why you are calling out players who are trying to enjoy themselves for a group effort. There are more players then just one group and I hope you do understand that. This should be a fun event.