Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

King42 Requesting Permission to Come Aboard [Approved - Snerus]

King42

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username? TheEdgeKing (Because the world needs more memery in it)

2. How old are you? 22

3. What country are you from? US

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet? Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming? PG is being too strong, too great, too fast, and too much of a boob until you end up shafting someone the chance to respond to your ridiculously and unfairly imbalanced Mary Sue. MG is when you're just looking to get banned, so you take info from some thread and your character magically knows it.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server? No

7. Name one of our current Mentors. Cukie1

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a college student. I'm on break. I'm bored as hell. I messed around with some tabletop stuff in the past, but never on Minecraft. I hate grippos, so fight me.

9. Do you have any examples of your work? No

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server
? No

About Your Character!

Character Name: Michaelis

Character Age: Old

Character Race: Human

Appearance: If ever there was a man whose very essence was threadbare, it would be Michaelis. Skin so wrinkled and stained from years have travel that he gives off the appearance of crumbling at the touch. Robes have long since lost any luster of color and the fabric has forgotten the meaning of wholeness. He was a tall man, at least in his youth. But now his frame is burdened by age as if the ground attempts with pull him closer into it with each passing day. Despite decrepitcy, his eyes have managed to maintain a blue spark regardless of his threadbare essence.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Nah, I'm too lazy

Written Test!
The early morning din of sailors loading cargo onto waiting ships brought life to the docks that Michaelis appreciated. Captains shouted orders above deck while mothers shooed their children to the passenger ship that would take them to the horizons and beyond. Vendors near the main gate of Storm's Landing shouted their wares, and the scent of fish and slop mixed into an aroma only known to port cities.

Michaelis closed his eyes and inhaled. He breathed as much as his jagged lungs would allow and appreciated the vivacity of life here. He sat hunched on the back of a cabbage cart, having sought a place of rest after having walked down the many stairs from the inn, and pondered how long it would be until the next ship came to berth. Midday? Sooner? Tomorrow, perhaps? Of course it hardly mattered. He found that destinations mattered less and less to an old man like him, to those in the priesthood. All that mattered was the going. The people were usually the same from city to city. A ship was a ship and a sermon was a sermon. Michaelis genuinely w-

"You there- Off the cart, y'dodger. Take yer bag of bones elsewhere."

The old man blinked. A slow turn of his head and he noted the cabbage vendor that had wandered around to the back of his cart. He looked less angry, and more perturbed that someone had chosen his cart. Michaelis met the vendor's gaze with a flat expression of his own, but neither spoke nor moved.

"Are y'deaf? I said off! So help me, I ain't got no qualm on calling someone over here to remove ya." The other, who was in his own right a hefty man, raised a fat finger to point accusingly. "I'm tellin' ya, get off my damned cart."

Again, Michaelis neither moved nor spoke. He only continued to meet the gaze of the vendor, which elicited the pudgy lard to turn a shade closer to purple as indignant aggravation took over. He lumbered closer to the old man, and with no care for kindness, grabbed hold of Michaelis's shoulder and pulled him forward off the edge of the cart.

The old man struggled to find his footing at first, and lurched into the vendor that had grabbed him. He managed to correct his footing in time for the vendor to give him a final shove away from the cabbages. A few shaky steps forward and Michaelis finally turned around with shoulders hunched and a particular squint at the vendor. His voice, when he finally spoke, carried an air of depth and clarity. "The Gods remember," he spoke while he fished into a pocket of his robes. The old priest pulled out an old iron key whose bow was fashioned into a spider trapped within a circle. Michaelis tossed the iron key onto the cabbage cart, and once more uttered, "The Gods remember."

And as if nothing had occurred, he turned and began a slow shuffle through the docks. The vendor only continued to glare at the daft old man, half wondering if the fellow had stolen cabbages in that robe of his.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Fantastically made application.

I'd like to elaborate on the definition of powergaming a tad, though. In a roleplay context it also applies to a player that emotes in a way that does not allow a reasonable reaction from another character.

For instance, if the merchant in your written test was another character, and they had desired to push your character off the cart, the first emote would be their attempt, and the second being your character's reaction to their attempt.

That being said, I'm very impressed by the incorporation of an existing city into your test, as well as it's fluency and writing style.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

King42

Villager
Fantastically made application.

I'd like to elaborate on the definition of powergaming a tad, though. In a roleplay context it also applies to a player that emotes in a way that does not allow a reasonable reaction from another character.

For instance, if the merchant in your written test was another character, and they had desired to push your character off the cart, the first emote would be their attempt, and the second being your character's reaction to their attempt.

That being said, I'm very impressed by the incorporation of an existing city into your test, as well as it's fluency and writing style.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.
Thanks. I took a bit of a look around the spawn area before writing this up, so I figured it'd give me extra points to mention the place.