Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore & History FAQ

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
The entire continent is on the back of a giant snail, the ocean is salty because it contains slime.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Memories and mythologies are always interesting snags when it comes to tracing the origins of races, but it is safe to say that all present Alteran races are at least as old as the previous world. Some are older, and date back to the first. In the previous (second) world, there were some races native that hadn't existed in the first world. In this (third) world, however, there was no sign of any other inhabitants alive at the time the Alterans settled here.

Zooming out further, it would be generally common knowledge that the current population contains some individuals born in this world as descendants of settlers from the previous world, and some (due to fancy aging and player histories) are actually the first generation of people who actually experienced the Exodus.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Pretty few in number, but there are likely characters about that recall races that didn't make it to the next world.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Actually can I request this thread get stickied. It has lots of good information in it and serves a really valuable public service to the server at large. Staff are able to make blanket statements that get disseminated among the entire playerbase, questions that answers are already known can be answered by players etc.

Lore question: I remember on one of the Eyes of Silas one of the DMs described being able to feel the lose of protections as we sailed outside the NK's Borders. Actually it was a while ago and may have not even been a DM but a player and I got it all mixed up in my head. Anyway, is this actually a thing that the characters can feel when they leave the protections of the Northern Kingdoms? And if so could I get a description of it?

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Why aren't we allowed to have Nakat characters created and why are they considered legacy.

this has been said in the past, the world isn't empty, its not like there is an apocalypse to nakam

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Why aren't we allowed to have Nakat characters created and why are they considered legacy.

this has been said in the past, the world isn't empty, its not like there is an apocalypse to nakam
The Nakam home island was destroyed. I"m not entire sure of the details but it involved Shoreless and an ocean full of dead Nakam. They were not enough on the mainland for a viable sustainable population I believe afterwards leading to a declining race.

Thats IC the OOC considerations of race restriction was to prevent a lot of folks creating a cat person and going around emoting "Meow, Purr" n such I believe.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant

To answer at least a bit of your question; they are legacy and restricted in this way because of Kavdek (Nakat-ville) being wiped off the face of Altera. The only Nakam left, as far as we Alterans know, preside exclusively in the Northern Kingdoms. To play a Nakitty, currently existing Nakam need to have offspring and accept you as the babby's player.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
okay so this is basically the problem right

we have whole cities being taken to new parts of the world, why don't we have magic that 'somehow' teleport people

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff

we have whole cities being taken to new parts of the world, why don't we have magic that 'somehow' teleport people
.....If you're implying that characters won't be going to the new world let me be first to reassure you....the characters your playing now if you keep playing them will make the journey somehow.

If you mean why didn't someone magic them(Nakam) out its likely because no one with the power was there to magic them out. If we do an exodus like the last one where Immortal Kings are what lets us flip worlds they only involve themselves when the entire world is threatened with extinction, no one man, no one race is important enough to them to care.

Damascus

Legend of Altera

IIRC, the OOC reason was that the person who made the race left the server, so something or other about their rights to their work.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
can you update your first post with all questions asked together with their answers?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Evil
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil

Because anything regarding matter is formistry, which is already imbalanced and poorly aligned. Direct teleportation would be under such a discipline, and last I was informed as a part of the magic team, it (formistry in general) isn't happening.

also your question is dumb never type again