Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore & History FAQ

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
So End materials cannot exist in Altera normally or so I'm told. So how exactly does one address a block of Endstone on display IC? Right now I'm rolling with "That is a very very strange rock the likes of which I have never seen before."

View attachment 71462
Endstone used to be easily obtainable. So it definitely exists.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Not since some clarification of old, old lore. Ender materials with very few exceptions are not actually "matter" in the sense of a tangible material, and they cannot exist as such in Altera.

If you happen across a bit OOC, I'm not terribly worried, as the texture can be explained away as funny looking rock.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
*decorates room with the stuff* Welcome MTV and this is my funny looking room

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
And for those of us who actually have some IC and all..? What about it then?

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Question: Once upon a time in a land far fary away Arcturian Steel was a thing. Very rare and stronger than normal steel only capable of being crafted by Arcturian smiths. However this was in the before time. I seem to remember someone somewhere telling me it was retconned into normal steel (Which in and off itself is very rare in Altera) around the same time plants such as Palewort and other non-earth plants and materials were done away with. Can Faelin confirm or deny this?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
yo am lavoyard duder

was told multiple times arcturian steel is just regular steel that looks different

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
yea but lavoyard constantly got told off for arcturian steel

i'm saying that as a member of a faction that got told off for arcturian steel there is no arcturian steel

i don't care about the otherkin bone demigods, they're not the issue i'm talking about

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
yea but lavoyard constantly got told off for arcturian steel

i'm saying that as a member of a faction that got told off for arcturian steel there is no arcturian steel

i don't care about the otherkin bone demigods, they're not the issue i'm talking about
Thank you. This is basically what I thought.

However it still be nice to have a public statement from Cherry or some staff about the nature of the old metals so we can link this to folks if the issue arises again so it can be an open and shut case.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I don't really care what you founded, since Marr and Lavoyard and Arcturus don't exist anymore

I'm providing information I got given from staff to the thread. The information is that Arcturian Steel does not exist.

Am I in the wrong for saying Greylings are extinct because I don't play a Greyling? I don't have to be affected by the lore to know about it.

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I never said I know everything. I said I know some things. You're the one who insists you know it all. I came to provide information to the thread and you're jumping up at me for it.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Lavoyard was formed some time after lore was structured and made considerably less OP.
You weren't there when we had half-dragon vampiric demigods wearing the bones of the Earth as armour.
older.gif

...Noooow I've fed my ego for the day....

Naelwyn did make the decision to have it retconned, so simply put: yes, it's retconned.

I'm not about to change that when it was never quite a fair assertion in the first place, given that it made assumptions about the tech-lock as well as other factions'/individuals' standards of steel-making. I'm not saying there wasn't reasoning to those assumptions, but the claims that resulted were inevitably rather arbitrary, with a huge range between the reasonable and the ridiculous.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Question: What if any races are native to Altera. I do not count the Greylings and Moors as they are twisted versions of races that already previously existed. I believe I was told Nakam predate the Exodus. If so were they alone or did groups of humans, elves etc already exist and our Exodus race integrate into them or does every one in Altera trace their lineage to another world?

EDIT: Basically as far as any general populace, educated person, and or historian would know who was here before the Exodus?

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Question: What if any races are native to Altera. I do not count the Greylings and Moors as they are twisted versions of races that already previously existed. I believe I was told Nakam predate the Exodus. If so were they alone or did groups of humans, elves etc already exist and our Exodus race integrate into them or does every one in Altera trace their lineage to another world?

EDIT: Basically as far as any general populace, educated person, and or historian would know who was here before the Exodus?
FILTHY NON-PURES STAY AWAY
PRE-EXODUS BLOODS ONLY
PURE BLOODS FOREVER

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil

This Altera was unpopulated before the Exodus that brought the races. There was something present, but it has long since died.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug

This Altera was unpopulated before the Exodus that brought the races. There was something present, but it has long since died.
I concur with Dee. But I think you may be mistaken with the Greylings, maybe. I believe you're thinking of the Earthspawn, which are "twisted" versions of Greylings, afaik; created by Greylings to fight wars and stuff.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)

The lore I'm familiar with is ancient and twisty and may not be relevant anymore, but the general gist is that each 'race' came from a different creator as the Immortal Kings sort've made them (A different world, so to speak. Elves and Humans can have children largely because they came from the same reality, while the other races are too different - And, of course, the Greylings made the Earthspawn. The Nakam, Caparii, Halflings, and Dwarves are their own tales altogether). This is rather different from the propagated IC mythos or legends, of course, as it has been mostly lost to time and old characters.