Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [Moderate] The Great Gamble

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
One of many posters at the message board at the Crossroads reads:

"In honor of our Lord of Luck, Winner of All Gambles, and Father Wealth, there will be held a lottery. In some respects inspired by the recent supposed fading of ours gods, intending to rejuvenate some form of prayer by gambling. Moreso, this is just a more bog standard attempt at praise by organizing a worldwide raffle. Twenty thousand Radiants is the promised total, and each ticket costs a thousand each. Send it by courier, or be around after I've made the tickets and have come to sell them.

Nwalme."

OOC:

Tl;dr Nwalme swindled his way into twenty thousand Radiants to finance his attempt at a lottery. Think of this as "Powerball: Altera Edition." You can buy as many as you'd like, they cost 1k Radiants, and the grand prize is 20k Radiants. You can buy as many as you'd like, but it'd be a bit odd to buy more than nineteen, since as that you're point you're just donating to me. It costs real fake internet money, and you'll get real fake internet money in return. If this goes well, and Nwalme makes enough to pay back his investors, I'll make another one of these with more money to win.

Rules:

I'll claim a post below this one, and record ever raffle sold by number, from 1 to however many end up getting sold. Then I'll go in game, and roll the appropriate die. Whoever has the ticket with the number the die lands on ends up getting the 20k, plus 20% of the total cost of all the tickets sold.

Date:

I'll try to be in game fairly often between now and March 1oth, when I'm planning on seeing who the winner is. I'm gonna say that on the 10th, no more raffles will be allowed to be bought, and instead that day will just be devoted to rolling for the winner.

Acquiring tickets:

Either post on this thread with how many you've decided to buy, and then screenshot evidence of you sending the money to my 'BLargtheAwesome' account, and I'll tack you onto the thread with the appropriate number of tickets assigned to your name. Or, message me and come to Riseport to procure your tickets more icly. Or, bump into Nwalme ig while I'm bumming around the Xroads.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
... god dammit

WE TRACK TICKETS HERE NOW

Ticket #1: Nylarii Elz
Ticket #2: Niah Niek Morenta
Ticket #3: Niah Niek Morenta
Ticket #4: Ahmad Cap
Ticket #5: Ahmad Cap
Ticket #6: Cedric Balatro
Ticket #7: Ahab BrianAT16
Ticket #8: Ahab BrianAT16
Ticket #9: Ahab BrianAT16
Ticket #10: Illthilior Tempy_
Ticket #11: Illthilior Tempy_
Ticket #12: Niallrys Lirakitty
Ticket #13: Erik BoredBrit (you got unlucky number thirteen looool)
Ticket #14: Spirit SpiritTheLightning
Ticket #15: Spirit SpiritTheLightning
Ticket #16: Kublai Piratep00f
Ticket #17: Kublai Piratep00f
Ticket #18: Vlad Sir Andrew Wallins
Ticket #20: Spirit SpiritTheLightning
Ticket #21: Nim Spooksy_
Ticket #22: Lionfang RexJen
Ticket #23: Will SirLuamTehDoge
Ticket #24: Alison Elz
Ticket #25: Syra Elz
Ticket #26: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #27: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #28: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #29: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #30: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #31: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #32: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #33: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #34: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian
Ticket #35: Generic Stormhold merchant FrostGuardian

Who has paid for their tickets:
Cap
Niah
Bal
Brian
Lira
Pirate
Nim
Spirit
Liam
Elz
Frosty

Who is yet to pay:
Tempy

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
Because your computer's broke I can't make you get ig and send me money, but you're a bro so I trust you to give me a measly 1k once your computer's fixed.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
If I buy 100 tickets, surely there's no possible way for me to lose this lottery.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
If I buy 100 tickets, surely there's no possible way for me to lose this lottery.
deminishing returns. though purchasing 20 tickets would get you your money back if you won plus the 20% of monies from tickets purchased for event.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
they're all scared of buying tickets
but at this rate i will win 20k from 1k
you better start saving blarg

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I will buy two tickets. (I expect to see orphan homes Blarg)

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
i'll use the crack change i scrounged off of the streets while fat cats like blarg trod all over me to purchase two tickets as well

blargtheawesome

Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
I will buy two tickets. (I expect to see orphan homes Blarg)
I will add you but could you pls screenshot the transaction of sending me 2k at some juncture Niah-friend? Just so that I don't get confused who's sent me money for their tickets and who hasn't.

edit: you da best

Last edited: