Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Moltenglass's whitelist application [ Approved - Tempy ]

Moltenglass

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

Moltenglass

2. How old are you?

16 years old.

3. What country are you from?

United States

4. Have you read the King's Law,Tome of Citizenship,Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Indeed I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is when someone uses OOC (Out Of Character) information IC (In Character) to benefit themselves or someone else, usually.

Powergaming is normally when someone emotes an action that doesn’t let the other people involved react to it. As an example, *Chops his head off.* Is powergaming, but *Walks off* and just running off before someone who is trying to grab you can emote, is also powergaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, you don’t.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Snerus

8. Tell us about yourself!

Well, first and foremost I like to RP. I hope that much was obvious, considering my post. I enjoy reading books, normally those belonging to fantasy or maybe science fiction now and again. So long as it has a good story, I’ll probably end up reading it. Another one of my favorite past times is RPG games, including tabletop like D&D.

I’ll listen to any kind of music, depending on my mood, but I stay away from country. Right now I’ve been enjoying just plain instrumental, but that is just for now. I love a good conversation, and will try to get a laugh out of people for fun.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

Yes, my writing test.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

No one told me about this server, I found it on my own.

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Noah Arbor

Character Age:

30 years old.

Character Race:

Forest Elf

Appearance:

Noah stands at around 5’9, with a small frame and lean look. His eyes are hazel, looking green mostly with a goldish look on the inner part. Brown is the color of his hair, which is normally kept to short, due to being unruly. Considering his heritage and time out in the sun, his skin has a tan look to it.

He tends to wear pelts and furs, but will wear cloth if he has the money for such things. When he does wear cloth, he strays toward the darker colors of the spectrum, and will most likely have some brown there.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

Noah surveyed his surroundings, listening for anyone or anything approaching. This was his second day in the forest he found from his travels, and it was working well for him. He already fell two deers, and caught a couple rabbits in his snares. The forest seemed very old, and he was surprised at how dense it was. This land certainly gave him an uneasy feeling, considering he grew up in the Northern Kingdoms. No matter, adapting to situations was one of the things he was good at.

Off in the distance was a blur of movement; most likely an animal running from its predator. Noah climbs down from his perch in the trees, heading off in that direction. He has a bow in his left hand, and an arrow in his right as he sprints through the forest, his moccasins muffling his footfalls. His pace slows as he hears a beast up ahead, and he crouches low in a bush to catch his breath.

Slowly but surely, Noah approaches the area where the sounds are coming from. As he reaches a particularly dense part of the forest, Noah spots a wolf up ahead. It looks like it hasn’t eaten in days, and quite feral. The wolf has caught itself a deer, and is too busy to notice another's presence. Noah carefully nocks his arrow, scanning for anymore wolves that might be part of a pack. Seeing nothing else, he takes aim and in a quick motion pulls the string back. He only holds it for half of a second, maybe even a fraction, before letting the arrow fly loose and hit it’s mark.

The wolf whimpers out in pain, the arrow hitting it in the side. Realizing he messed up on his shot, he quickly goes to grab another arrow from his quiver to fire, but the wolf has found him. He nocks the arrow and fires it quickly, and then dives to the right to get out of the way. The wolf missed it’s mark, lunging at where he just was. Scrambling toward the closest tree, Noah starts to climb up and away from the crazed beast. The wolf snaps at his heels as he climbs, but Noah pulls up his leg before it can latch on.

And so Noah stayed up there for quite some time, afraid of what might happen. The wolf eventually went back to it’s meal, yet Noah didn’t make any move to leave. “Of course I miss . .I need a teacher.” He looks toward the sky, noticing the sun will soon disappear and the moon will rise. All of a sudden it dawns on him that he still has arrows, and a bow. Mumbling to himself about being an idiot, he nocks an arrow and attempts to shoot again.

Author's Note: I made it end like that on purpose.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Golly gee whiz, nice writing- enjoyed the test. Though everything seems fine, just wanted to give you a friendly reminder on the 'gold in his eyes'. Obviously there's no such thing as a gold eye color, as we like to stray from such things, but as long as you keep it to a somewhat obvious , realistic hazel, everything should be okay!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.