Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nakam Race Removed

Kouro Hiroyuki

Lord of Altera
Depends entirely on the RP :D
I see how I might of confused myself; Latin stayed around for some time after the fall of Rome and the split of the East and West happened. Most of what is now Europe was considered "Roman Soil", so other than the languages the nomadic tribes such as the Scots had Galic to speak with each other, most people would probably still be able to learn it as some were born into Roman rule.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
So does this mean that Verba eventually becomes like latin where no one knows how to really speak it and what things were suppose to mean during that period?
But they do know how to speak Latin. From what I know there is Roman Latin and Modern Latin. Both have completely different pronunciations of words, like "Caesar" in Modern is "Kaisar" in Roman. :p

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I reckon I know why the Nakam were killed off rather than the Greylings.

Greylings are basically the closest thing we have to Goblins, as Goblins are more of a core fantasy race rather than "Cat-People" it would of been easier to axe the Nakam rather than having a influx of Goblins from new players once The Greylings had been removed?

Am I in the Stadium?

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
-But WHY? What is the OOC reason for this?
+Due to having too many races, severe inactivity from the main creator, and somewhat buggy lore- Nakam are the first race to get the axe. It was a close tie between nakam and greylings...

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I reckon I know why the Nakam were killed off rather than the Greylings.

Greylings are basically the closest thing we have to Goblins, as Goblins are more of a core fantasy race rather than "Cat-People" it would of been easier to axe the Nakam rather than having a influx of Goblins from new players once The Greylings had been removed?

Am I in the Stadium?
Not even close, Sally got this though-
+Due to having too many races, severe inactivity from the main creator, and somewhat buggy lore- Nakam are the first race to get the axe. It was a close tie between nakam and greylings...
.. and whos to say we're done? If anything, we want to stray away from the commonly overused races (Its a shame they're so popular) and try for something more interesting.

Also, it was a silly idea to start with~.
You, Sir, have my only intentional "Disagree".

"Cat people" is a bit of a silly idea- "Expanding and in-depth culture of traditionalists who face persecution and prosperity, ranging through several world-unique beliefs and customs that are adapted to the enviroment they were raised in and forced to adapt once more as they become a character, exclusive to proven and well written roleplayers in the hopes of adding a bit of flavor to the setting" is not, in my eyes, silly.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
"Cat people" is a bit of a silly idea- "Expanding and in-depth culture of traditionalists who face persecution and prosperity, ranging through several world-unique beliefs and customs that are adapted to the enviroment they were raised in and forced to adapt once more as they become a character, exclusive to proven and well written roleplayers in the hopes of adding a bit of flavor to the setting" is not, in my eyes, silly.
Wasn't it mentioned that each race is created through their culture first and then deciding "Oh, we lack any cat-races, lets make them that"?

Also @Eli Wallace
I am considering the potential further phase out of Greylings and Earthspawn except from those derived from existing characters and the potential inclusion of another race or more cultures or some combination thereof.
I knew someone mentioned it! I knew it!

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Welp, now you do :)

Also Nael and Mich, I've noticed a small-ish influx of Earthspawn types, just thought I'd throw that out there since its slightly relevant.

Michcat

Wasn't it mentioned that each race is created through their culture first and then deciding "Oh, we lack any cat-races, lets make them that"?

Also @Eli Wallace

I knew someone mentioned it! I knew it!
Welp, now you do :)

Also Nael and Mich, I've noticed a small-ish influx of Earthspawn types, just thought I'd throw that out there since its slightly relevant.
.. I.. quite honestly have no idea where you pulled that from or what you're trying to say, sorry bro. D:

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Just curious, is it possible for my Nakat that never actually died to be played? Or would you rather keep the inactive characters inactive.

Michcat

Just curious, is it possible for my Nakat that never actually died to be played? Or would you rather keep the inactive characters inactive.
Your Nakat went inactive, and when I messaged you about it, you chose to retire them. Hence, your Nakat is unplayable :(

overlord2304

Lord of Altera
FAQ:

+
Due to having too many races, severe inactivity from the main creator, and somewhat buggy lore- Nakam are the first race to get the axe. It was a close tie between nakam and greylings...

MER-MAIDS, need I say more

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
Perhaps there could be a server wide campaign for the search of Nakam? Like, they could organize an expedition and something scary awaits them...