Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nobility titles and manners.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Why are people disagreeing when all you did was state a fact?

Us Earthspawn also have a different noble ladder.
Its because he was complaining about a system that actually exists being different to his own.
Nobody suggested it being on the server until after he brought it up.

Viceroy is still a vassal title, so it does applies.
Viceroy, by my understanding, was a high-ranking lord of a country acting as the de-facto leader of another country for said original country.
IE; the British Raj was the acting-King of India and could come from just about any title, so long as he proved capable for the job.
I could be wrong on that one.

Doux is the title given to main vassals in the old Byzantine Empire, which originated from the Roman Empire itself. The fall of the byzantine empire marked the end of the medieval ages in 1453, with the turkish victory at Constantinople (Byzantium).
Somebodies been doing their homework haha.
I did not know this one, but considering it was only used by the Byzantines, it kind of makes sense that not many of us would have heard of it. Where about on the scale would this fit though? Probably same level as a Viscount, I imagine.

Archduke is at a different rank from duke and has comparable power to a Viceroy. Archdukes were mainly used in the HRE (Holy Roman Empire), but there was also for a while a bunch of independent Archdukes mainly in eastern europe.
This one I know little of, but by the sounds of it, its some kind of "one rank below the King" type?
In that case, the leader of the House which is favoured by the Monarch would be considered an Archduke, no?

A Landgrave is a count-rank lord who holds sovereighty over more lands then the usual and that holds as much power as a duke.
Okay so thats a low-ranked Lord with a huge amount of power? I think this rank would only really apply in very special circumstances.... like someone got insanely power-hungry and sided with Grief.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Angry did I say this system is wrong, all you have seem to do lately is twist my words xD
Spear posted something that might interest those who like history.
You complained, saying "Not everyone uses this system" then referred to something on the server.

To me, it looked like you were saying "We don't use it, therefore its wrong", despite it being REAL LIFE system, not something on the server.

james_power

Lord of Altera
I was specifically talking about this server, last time I checked this server isn't a complete European medieval server, it is a fantasy roleplay server

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Spear posted something that might interest those who like history.
You complained, saying "Not everyone uses this system" then referred to something on the server.

To me, it looked like you were saying "We don't use it, therefore its wrong", despite it being REAL LIFE system, not something on the server.
Angry, simply saying "Not everyone uses this system" is not complaining. It is stating a fact. Please learn the difference.

James was not only not complaining, but he was contributing to the conversation by adding in the fact that some houses use different systems, making our server unique and different from other medieval fantasy servers/settings/whatnot.

No one said the system spear presented is wrong. In fact, if you took all of a few minutes to read over the Nobility of Cromarcky, you'd see that while some of the names may differ, we actually do use the same acknowledgment system. Magnates are something akin to a knight without the martial duties, and so they receive a Sir or Lady designation, just as the lower nobility presented by Spear. Barons use Lord, just as Spear has shown (Though our Baron means something much closer to a "Baron of Industry" than a medieval Baron, but I digress) and the Mogul is simply a Baron and the head of the House, which also receives a Lord in front of his name.

So, you see angry that if you actually read the information given, and not get automatically defensive about something that obviously had no reason to get defensive over, you'd see that his post was both constructive and supportive of the initial statement, rather than a simple complaint.

Reading comprehension, it is a wonderful thing.

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Bode your obsessed, mich me and you should start implementing this stuff in rp a bit more