Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Project Zomboid

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I do not understand why every sandwich I make, albeit a crazy mix of stuff you would never put together or as simple as a ham sandwich gives unhappiness...

Best thing you can do;
Have a space for everything. Everything should have a place lol. Food items in one box, guns in another, melee in another...... And never have a 'misc' item bin lol. You'll find that you begin tossing stuff in there you shouldn't
If you really want to stay where you are though, I suggest you barricade your front door and use a rope on one of those windows :D
I spent all night on this

Behold! My apartment. I found out I could lift any object in the game and went a little too into it

This took me the longest amount of time, however:
I built a wall around my area. Earned 7 levels in Carpentry whilst doing it. Got myself a decent amount of vehicles. This place will be ever expanding.

As an update to my last map, these are the places I have currently looted and made free of zombies. Many hordes still wander in quite frenquetly, but I am safe behind my walls and I know the routes around them. They often leave quicker than they come because I have turned off all the lights in the area and any sources of noise. The bodies are still a problem, however, as I have not yet found a trowel or a shovel.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Damn, you're making me want to play it again more and more lol
Yes, I'm now considering to just buy the game and share my progress too. Can this become a communal Project Zomboid thread? xD

Mongoose

Lord of Altera
Sounds like a plan. What rules we running, can get infected or nah? Any changes to power/water supply lasting?

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Howdy

So today I spent a long time fighting and burying bodies. I found a shovel whilst exploring some nearby houses and decided to try and bury the numerous corpses around my home which attracts zombies. Unfortunately, whilst burying bodies, an entire horde came in and attacked my base. Spent even longer repairing the broken doors and barricading new ones. Whilst most of the bodies surrounding are now buried, plenty are also not. Today was not a good day.
Next time I play, I shall attempt to break into the Gun Store.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Them some cool shades

Winter is coming. Beginning to get the messages telling me that wearing jeans and a shirt is too warm, but wearing just a dress is too cold.
Thus, Lana is now looking more like a CSI character.

I hit up the gun store as I said I would. Now I have more ammo then I will ever need

The apartment is looking spiffy as ever and I found a news van whilst exploring the last parts of town down south. I am doing very well, I would say-- though again, I am spending most of my time killing hordes that wander into my area. My outside fence gate has been broken once now, but my defenses prevail.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I went to the store page today to buy it, but it looked so shit that I didn't. But now I look at your post again and now I wanna buy it again. What is this magic??

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I went to the store page today to buy it, but it looked so shit that I didn't. But now I look at your post again and now I wanna buy it again. What is this magic??
Do you remember that really shit game we played together where the owner/developer came on to greet us whilst we were making golems out of stone? I honestly think we could be playing the worst game imaginable, but together, it is fun. I enjoy posting on this thread: it brings me life.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Do you remember that really shit game we played together where the owner/developer came on to greet us whilst we were making golems out of stone? I honestly think we could be playing the worst game imaginable, but together, it is fun. I enjoy posting on this thread: it brings me life.
Of course I remember that! Alchemist's Awakening or something it was called. Entirely devoid of life or context, but when you were there, suddenly narratives started to form and everything started to have meaning. You've got a great talent for that. You may underestimate it, but whatever mundane boring thing there may be, you bring a story and life to it and the power of narratives is STRONK!

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
is this now a Bart and Wake appreciation post because I'm all for it

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
It was good even before the graphic update...

That being said... I see people leaving their homes here... I barely leave mine in that game, mostly farming and trapping.

Let me give everyone a good piece of advice though... DONE USE GUNS!!!!!
If you wonder why... feel free to test it... Just know that you've been warned.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Actually that reminds me. If there is EVER a new update adding new stuff, you will have to start a new game, to get things into the loot table, or spawn in the world if they are fixture and so on.
However, there is a way to circumvent it: Namely generating a new world, and then overwriting the character file, and only the character file, with the old one.

Alas, you will still loose everything else, and I suggest you only do that after having found a save place in the new world first, and then move your old character to the same location before doing the import ;).
It used to be a bigger issue, in the past, but there will certainly be a point where you will need to import a character... Or start over :p, which becomes pretty annoying after a few updates.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Actually that reminds me. If there is EVER a new update adding new stuff,
Thank you for the warning =)
Part of the reason I make screenshots here is that, should I ever die, lose my save or generally lose interest: I have this thread to remember the memories.

Build 41.50 came out the other day and allowed zombies to now crawl under cars. In my second post, I stated this:
Lana has secured an apartment for herself- covered every window in sheets, boarded up the doorways and blocked the only entrance/exit with a car (which zeds cannot pass through).
Which is now outdated. I am glad I built walls before this update.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Thank you for the warning =)
Part of the reason I make screenshots here is that, should I ever die, lose my save or generally lose interest: I have this thread to remember the memories.

Build 41.50 came out the other day and allowed zombies to now crawl under cars. In my second post, I stated this:

Which is now outdated. I am glad I built walls before this update.
Depends on what got added. If you have loot respawn on, new loot will be added to the game periodically.Just don't expect them to pop up anytime soon.

If new world objects got added on the other hand... Well they's be missing.

P.S.: You can technically save your character using the same method too ;) - Save directory is somewhere in /appdata. YOu jsut have to have made the copy before you died.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Well....

...In trying to secure the neighbourhood in search for a generator and either a sandbag or gravelbag, a zombie got lucky on me. After searching the web, it turns out you only have a 4% chance of not being infected after being bitten. So I cleaned up the apartment of the blood I put everywhere and did what anybody else would do in that situation.

I drank. Spent a couple of in-game days in the apartment, doing nothing. I had some antibotics on hand, which I ate-- kept cleaning the wound and bandage too.

Somehow... I did not die.
Somehow (after panic messaging RagingLunacy about my situation), my health was.. fine? My character is in constant pain, but aside from that, she did not get nausa nor sickness as expected of the standard infection process. I was not dying? 4%! 4% baby! I need to be careful not to get scratched or bitten again, so I have geared up. I knew exactly where I would find some better gear.

Unfortunately, on my journey to the Storage Units on the southern side of West Point, the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Zombies jump out at you like it is nothing. It was actually terrifying. I did reach the units and found a tent kit, but as soon as I found that, an alarm went off-- attracting hordes from all around. I made my escape and will go back to the storage units later.

I do not think I can do anything else to improve my apartment as of this post, so maybe no more apartment update posts~

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Well....

...In trying to secure the neighbourhood in search for a generator and either a sandbag or gravelbag, a zombie got lucky on me. After searching the web, it turns out you only have a 4% chance of not being infected after being bitten. So I cleaned up the apartment of the blood I put everywhere and did what anybody else would do in that situation.

I drank. Spent a couple of in-game days in the apartment, doing nothing. I had some antibotics on hand, which I ate-- kept cleaning the wound and bandage too.

Somehow... I did not die.
Somehow (after panic messaging RagingLunacy about my situation), my health was.. fine? My character is in constant pain, but aside from that, she did not get nausa nor sickness as expected of the standard infection process. I was not dying? 4%! 4% baby! I need to be careful not to get scratched or bitten again, so I have geared up. I knew exactly where I would find some better gear.

Unfortunately, on my journey to the Storage Units on the southern side of West Point, the weather has taken a turn for the worse. Zombies jump out at you like it is nothing. It was actually terrifying. I did reach the units and found a tent kit, but as soon as I found that, an alarm went off-- attracting hordes from all around. I made my escape and will go back to the storage units later.

I do not think I can do anything else to improve my apartment as of this post, so maybe no more apartment update posts~

Well your floor could use some TLC... Just saying... PS: You are likely going to die... Bites have a 95% chance of an infection.
You can usually see it when your character suddenly starts getting anxious after a while. Don't ditch your character though, they can get anxious for other reasons too. ;)

Last edited: