Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Question: What would you like to see on Hollowworld?

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
And we don't do client side mods only plugins so dragons is a no go. Besides my horses are better than any dragon could ever be, they'd totally win in a fight if they weren't pacifists *shifty eyes*

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Why disagree to that? Its fact. We use no mods that require playerside installation with the exception of mpm as it's entirely optional. Something like your suggesting would require everyone who ever joined the server to have it installed and we don't do that.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I'm disagreeing with the fact your horses are better than any dragon and could beat them in a fight... that is not true.

CaliburofSouls

Lord of Altera
I miss old Hollowworld and how wars were handled.

I feel like nowadays wars are never had, except for the GoC, and even then, all the battles are handled by the staff. I just remember back in the days when wars were started all the time, and it... I don't know it was just awesome.

Also lizard people. I want a race of lizard people. I will write dat lore.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYES *totally didn't mention this to sally ages ago, and is finally glad other people like lizard people*

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Seriously, again that is entirely down to the players, I remember the old wars they were great but if you guys don't go out and start them there's not really much we can do about it.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
*Grumbles*

Present ideas only. No attacking/critiquing, no saying anything else.

Speak and I'll be a listening.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
Castle sieges, see how well they can really hold out.
Going on that, castle wars, scaling the walls.. Catapults... Yay...

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Spear said:
I REALLY hope you mean bugged.
;-; Bugged* I haven't been feeling the best lately, and that seems to cause bad sleep for me, on top of my already awful sleep schedule.

Spark

Broken
Spear said:
Seriously, again that is entirely down to the players, I remember the old wars they were great but if you guys don't go out and start them there's not really much we can do about it.
Thought process of wars:

WAAAR KILL THEM ALL, PILLAGE..PILLAAGE THEIR TOWNS
*calms down*
Eh...whats the point.

There is no reward for war. You can't take over someones town because they can just say "no, go away".

For once this is something the staff /should/ control.

The problem is, people don't want to be taken over. They go cri cri in a corner screaming like a 10 year old which just leads to hate and whining to staff.

How cool would it be for a group of raiders to say, take over a small fishing village and hold the citizens hostage.
Without metagaming the people would not be able to have any contact with the outside although the people who trade fish with village would be like "bro where my fish be at?" so at first perhaps its just a shipping issue but after too long they will think "ok this is an issue we better go see where our fish be at." then they sail to the village and see smoke coming from there. They turn the ship around and send a raven to Port Silver to alert them.

Meanwhile a small child manages to squeeze through a hole under the cage or something and tries to escape. It either gets spotted or manages to send a raven or something.

Then the Queen sends troops to investigate, because as far as they know, its just a fire.

The troops arrive and get slaughtered.

The Queens head army person is like "yo where my troops be at? I havnt heard from them in like ages bro. "

Yeah...you get the picture.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
"I'd like to see solid rules for conflicts on multiple scales, that explain and codify stakes for winning and losing if one chooses to opt-in, such that 'take-backsies' are no longer possible, as what may happen is solidly defined."

;)

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
This is something people can play out in RP without staff if both/all parties agree. Even PvP can be involved, as long as some rules are laid down and agreed to by all.

Hmmm... Sniped by nael...

Spark

Broken
How does it make sense for a group to take over a town...then give it back?

It should stay in their control until they are forced out.

Also, if warning is given like....a week in advance that their town is under attack, they will most likely metagame to suddenly have 50 armed guards stationed there.

Also random attacked would encourage people to actually hire town guards and build some minor defences or at least make plans.

Also minor political/trade deals for example a farming town could give a discount to Heavens Reach for example, in exchange for protection against raiders.

But it won't work unless there is a set system or everyone on the server agrees to participate...which I doubt.

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
I'm not certaint if this has beeen suggested yet..
But I would like for the gods to able to bless certaint people. It gives players a reason to ACTUALLY follow a god or goddess' way, and maybe even recheive something.
(Secretly I just want my character to have wings, but shhhh...)
Many are just doing as they like, and most are just heretics. It'd be awesome if the gods started punishing and reward people for their loyalty. :p
I believe they already can be? Or someting similar of thr sort. :p

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Stay there until they've plundered everything they could, and then leave?
Say you're leading a campaign through an enemy's land. For starters, you wouldn't want to stay in one place for too long, lest you attract unwanted attention from the enemy's armies. Also, once you've plundered everything, there is little gain in staying there anyways.
Its not so much "giving it back", but rather leaving it unoccupied. The people may still be shaken, unless the Lord's forces move in quickly to reinforce it.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

It should stay in their control until they are forced out.

Also, if warning is given like....a week in advance that their town is under attack, they will most likely metagame to suddenly have 50 armed guards stationed there.

Also random attacked would encourage people to actually hire town guards and build some minor defences or at least make plans.

Also minor political/trade deals for example a farming town could give a discount to Heavens Reach for example, in exchange for protection against raiders.

But it won't work unless there is a set system or everyone on the server agrees to participate...which I doubt.
the server has people limits, so even if I could muster up enough guards to protect non August villages they could still foil my plans by just having enough people online so only a small amount of HRs army can actually join the server,
The other thing is that I have to wait for them being online to take the town back, while I'd actually strike randomly.

in fact it would boil down to a big house being able to stuble smaller ones to dust without effort just by blocking them from joining the server and collectively logging off as soon as numbers are too small to withstand a rebuttal.

The next thing is that you seemingly forget how there is always at least one person breaking rules by using enderpearls and stuff.
Regions are also a lot of work btw.
You'd build stuff for weeks and months just to have it destroyed by the raiders wanting to grief.

You can't force people to give other people perms in their town. And without perms, they wouldn't even be able to harvest its wheat:rolleyes: