Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Ranger Hall Grand Opening

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

Time: 2100 GMT (that's 9 PM in England, y'all) THIS TIME MIGHT CHANGE
Date: Saturday, December 5th
Who: Rangers. People interested in (or just in) the Rangers/a party/curious. Those not in the good graces of the guild may find it... awkward. Possibly painfully so. (Please don't bring a character just to cause drama, in other words. And don't use the excuse that you did it for RP if you know it's going to cause a fuss where one isn't intended.)
Activities!
(Yeah, some of these are silly~ I was going for themed without being too serious. This is a fairly OOCly motivated event.)

Archery Contest
Archers will face off against each other as they are given a particular number of shots to prove their mettle. Precision is important, but so are results, and so only killing shots will be counted. The archer who lands the most will win the prize.
The prize will be a golden apple.

Parkour Contest
A key skill for a Ranger is agility, and only the most agile will be able to complete this course. The one who ascends the most quickly wins!
The prize will be a blade with minor enchants.

Stealth & Scout (Hide & Seek)
Carrying unique tokens, several Rangers and recruits will take to the forests to test their own stealth as well as the tracking and scouting abilities of the rest. The goal will be for those who are not hiding to find each one and obtain their token. The first to gather them all will win. If none are able to find all of the hiding Rangers in the time limit, the one who has found the most will win.
The prize with be a bow with minor enchants.

Bumper Boats
In the lake below Tauredal, it's an aquatic melee! The goal is to keep your boat in-tact while causing all the others to break beneath their occupants. Last one afloat wins.
The prize will be a helm with an aquatic enchant.

Feast
Eat well, drink plenty, and make friends with your taciturn neighbor! Everybody wins!!
There might be cake.

@Azur
@TheDeester
@ForestRose
@skuller
@mairinbaihn
@Ced
@Sophe
@Lavilethorn
@Deash12
@Raykaystar
@JasonK94

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
God dangit, I couldn't make the Elven Council thing and I probably can't make this. I'm missing out on all the events ;_;

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
Those not in the good graces of the guild may find it... awkward. Possibly painfully so. (Please don't bring a character just to cause drama, in other words. And don't use the excuse that you did it for RP if you know it's going to cause a fuss where one isn't intended.)

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
What is says on the tin!

Gotta get to bed ASAP, so I'm just going to mention the pertinents and come back later to make it pretty:

Time: 1900 GMT (that's 7 PM in England, y'all) THIS TIME MIGHT CHANGE
Date: Saturday, November 21
Who: People interested in (or just in) the Rangers/a party/curious. Those not in the good graces of the guild may find it... awkward. Possibly painfully so. (Please don't bring a character just to cause drama, in other words. And don't use the excuse that you did it for RP if you know it's going to cause a fuss where one isn't intended.)

Have concocted a hide-and-seek game, probably a lag-fest of an archery contest, and... absolutely no prizes. BUT THERE'S STILL TIME.

@Azur
@TheDeester
@ForestRose
@skuller
@mairinbaihn
@Ced
@Sophe
@Lavilethorn
@Deash12
@Raykaystar
@JasonK94
Gonna try really hard to be there!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Ohhh looks fun.. would think about trying to attend but each time I enter Tauredal my computer has a seizure.. xD

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
*holds twigs aroudn his head* im in a forest does this count, and i feel ya taurdel even makes my higher end cpu lag a bit loading everying

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Since I am not only conflicting with the Eyes of Silas event (which I knew about), but also a funeral that had a thread hours before I posted this one, the date may change.

Those who weren't able to make it this weekend, what about the weekend of December 5th?

*holds twigs aroudn his head* im in a forest does this count, and i feel ya taurdel even makes my higher end cpu lag a bit loading everying
So I'm starting to wonder what it is that makes you guys lag. I mean, yeah, Tauredal is a bit of a beast, but I don't have issues with it at all, and my computer's several years old at this point....

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Since I am not only conflicting with the Eyes of Silas event (which I knew about), but also a funeral that had a thread hours before I posted this one, the date may change.

Those who weren't able to make it this weekend, what about the weekend of December 5th?

So I'm starting to wonder what it is that makes you guys lag. I mean, yeah, Tauredal is a bit of a beast, but I don't have issues with it at all, and my computer's several years old at this point....
Honestly, I think this weekend works for me but it depends on what others say I'm assuming!

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I dunno it jsut does shouldnt but every once in awhile when i run threw to quickly the chunks dont load and i go chaotic XD

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her

The trees are really bad for some people.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
The trees are really bad for some people.
There is a fix for that (and it's not just the trees) - turn off fancy graphics, and they become solid blocks... which don't contribute to lag.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
but but som som have you seen the beauty of ita ll with the fancynesss it makes tears come.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
There is a fix for that (and it's not just the trees) - turn off fancy graphics, and they become solid blocks... which don't contribute to lag.
I agree. I have noticed that when fancy graphics are off, it is way less laggy! I recommend it for those struggling with lag. I really don't want to change location!

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I agree. I have noticed that when fancy graphics are off, it is way less laggy! I recommend it for those struggling with lag. I really don't want to change location!
It's also quite difficult to celebrate finally getting the Ranger Hall in Tauredal decorated without... y'know... being in Tauredal? xD

If it goes well, I think we could do it again for other cities, though. That might help @BrianAT16, yes?