Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Ranger Hall Grand Opening

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
There is a fix for that (and it's not just the trees) - turn off fancy graphics, and they become solid blocks... which don't contribute to lag.
I suffer through the lag for my fancy graphics.(Even though I get little to no lag but such is life.)

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
I suffer through the lag for my fancy graphics.(Even though I get little to no lag but such is life.)
I also use fancy graphics with no real noticeable lag, at least right now. I've had it before. Maybe it's muh internets.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Yes, date officially changed. I decided it would be fun to do it near my birthday anyways, not when I should be cleaning for my mom's visit!

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I also use fancy graphics with no real noticeable lag, at least right now. I've had it before. Maybe it's muh internets.
New players are complaining about the new Tauredal- if only they were around for the old one. Rest in Lag.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
On a good day I on absolutely minimum graphics in low build basic areas get 30 fps. In build areas I average 15-20 in heavy areas like Tambry I get 5 if I'm lucky I average 2 in Tauredale. XD

Granted my potatotop is almost 5 years old.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
So I'm starting to wonder what it is that makes you guys lag. I mean, yeah, Tauredal is a bit of a beast, but I don't have issues with it at all, and my computer's several years old at this point....
For me it is all the vines, the same thing happens when I was around the area Eriden was being built, its so bad I can't move, turn, or type. I usually have to type /spawn to get out once I am in. I may try turning my graphics all the way down.. maybe use *Shutters* the default texture pack. Will have to try before hand to see if that helps at all and to see if I can actually make it which I hope-

Also this:
On a good day I on absolutely minimum graphics in low build basic areas get 30 fps. In build areas I average 15-20 in heavy areas like Tambry I get 5 if I'm lucky I average 2 in Tauredale. XD

Granted my potatotop is almost 5 years old.
Pretty much sums it up for me but for some reason, Tauredal is just the -worst- for my connection.

EDIT: Tried the above stuff, seems to help to a degree but still pretty laggy, but I think I can at least manage it now. :>

Last edited:

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
This is my defence against attackers.

Not the dense and deadly forest, not the cliffs upon which the city sits. No, the lag shall keep the armies of the realm at bay. How can you hope to siege Tauredal if the army is lagging too bad?

THIS IS MY PERFECT DEFENCE :cool: