Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [???] Riptide: Murmurs at the Docks

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Sailors spread whispers of a distant isle, uncharted and unexplored, recently risen from the sea. A tumor on the world, and growing. The tides are changing.

Thread is a forum RP at the docks. Those travelling through will catch wind of the rumours.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Sailors spread whispers of a distant isle, uncharted and unexplored, recently risen from the sea. A tumor on the world, and growing. The tides are changing.

Thread is a forum RP at the docks. Those travelling through will catch wind of the rumours.
Astilo walks up after seeing a small crowd of sailors murmuring and taking in knowledge like a sponge. He walked back to the inn, talking to his paramour. " . . Honey? We should go to this, it could be fun. "

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
The crowd of sailors catches Niko's eye, he walks closer to here the rumours they are murmuring. After gathering what they are talking about, he immediately grows suspicious.

Is this isle...in the east?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The crowd of sailors catches Niko's eye, he walks closer to here the rumours they are murmuring. After gathering what they are talking about, he immediately grows suspicious.

Is this isle...in the east?
A grizzled older man balefully looks over Niko before responding in a hushed tone.

"Tis south, between the wilds and the forever ice, lad."

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Astilo came back and walked over to the grizzled older man, singling him out as one with more knowledge- Maybe a Captain, and spoke.

" You guarantee adventure, I guarantee your safety. Mmm, say we take this travel, ay? "

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
A three foot Halfling would make his way over to the gathering group. His hair blonde and raggled, he'd brush it from his face and smirk as he hears talk of this new isle. A few pompous steps over and they'd stand between Niko and Raphael, looking at the old man. A few seconds of nothing, before he speaks. High pitched and with the accent of a Lucan from Scourge.

"This. . .Isle . . . Cer'ainly sounds interestin'. I think I'm in, if you are needin' explorers."

A small hand would be thrust out in greeting, a huge smirk upon his face.

"Jason Lydel of Scourge, an you are?"

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The old man shakes his head at both of them, frowning at being singled out.

"Nay, I'm not going anywhere near that thrice-cursed terror. If ye've the urge to go die on distant shores, do so yerselves."

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
A second, much younger man ducks out of the crowd. He has the glint of greed in his eyes.

"I know where it's rumored to be, and I'll take you for a cut of the earnings, but you're going to need a ship and a crew to make it that far."

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Having seen this attitude before in a man, as he hjmself was a privateer, he spoke. " Fine. "

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
He'd glance to the halfling, approaching Nikolche, pointing at him with his stub.

" Oy oy.. I've got me a nice, sturdy warship. Now i jus' need some extra men fer it, wouldn' mind takin' ye' wit'."

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
*A light-grey skinned, young Moor glances over. She'd fold her arms, a scruffy hood covering her rolled-up dirty, grey hair. Some dirt caked her boots and trousers. She'd sidle over, directing her question to Cymic with a scratchy tone. She'd click her tongue to catch his attention.*

Ya need men, eh? Woman'll do, yea? *Flicks her brows up, grinning lopsidedly.* Make good deck hand, I do. You... /payin'/ nicely for a hire?

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
His visiom would have snapped to hers, a sharp little grin forming around his mouth, as he now pointed his stub to the Moor

"I s'pose i could use a righ' 'and, i pay fair, considerin' ye' hitchin' a ride, sure. Jus' don' touch th' cannons, Mm?"

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
*She'd nod with some enthusiasm. Clapping her hands in front of her once, then shake one to wave.*

'Course, sirs~ Won't be touching none o' dat. Like ta send coin home ahead o' time, if you catch my drift. *Continues on, lightly.* Sailing, heard, could take weeks! Got yaself some hands here, though. Don't flake on the job. Names Noris- nice to be of seh'vice~

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
He watched her clap, with pained eyes-- Almost as if she were taunting him, with the sweet gift of owning all 20 phalanges.

"Righ'.. Cymic Seymour, i'll be ye' captain fer th' while. I'll get a bitt'a me crew mates ta' attend, n' 'elp out." *He'd dig in his big, reaching in for half of what she'd expect.* "Ye' get th' rest in a few weeks time, granted ye' provide ye'self useful, an' don' die."

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
*Her eyes light up as she plucks up the bag withought question. Fingers curling around the top. She'd weight in her other palm and slip it into her side bag.*

Can survive on my own if I just had just a rowboat, sirs- Oh - "Cap'n"! Can count on it. Direct me to ye ship or town ye crews stay in 'n you'll see me in a jiff or yell it real loud sos I can hear ye if ya leaving 'n I'll follow.

*She'd tip her head and gives a salute as she wanders slightly to the side. So as someone else can enter the fray.*

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Moriarty looks at the lot of them, a huge smirk on his little face. Before walking off, muttering happily.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
The green coated individual strolls by the docks, catching wind of the whispers and moves to find one to inquire on such whispers.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Niko considers Cymic's offer to join his crew on his new warship.

{Well...this isn't the Sea of Storms...but I don't think dying at sea twice in one year is good for you}

{But...letting Cymic get himself killed would mean you're a bad friend...hm, decisions, decisions}

{Niko, I'd say you should let Cymic die, he's not worth it}

If I reaquire a new arsenal to defend myself, there's a good chance I'll join.

{...why must you be so helpful? Why?}

Last edited:

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
*Kethron and son disembark from a nearby ship recently arrived from the Isles. It doesn't take long for him to notice a crowd gathering and so he makes his way over to see what all the commotion is about. Spotting Cymic and Nikolche in the crowd he moseys on over.* "What a pleasant surprise to see you both" *While Kethron is polite enough to not comment on the lack of a hand his son seems overly fascinated by the stub*

"What happened to your arm?" *Kaavel exclaims, which turns a frown upon his fathers face*
"Now Ka', it is rude to ask such questions. Why don't pester the seaman for a bit while I talk with some old friends of mine." *Only slightly discouraged by the scolding he scampers off to ask the sailors about their favorite sea shanties.* "Sorry about that Cymic, Kaavel tends to have an unhealthy interest in swords and combat. I'm not entirely sure where he gets that from." *His mind wanders a moment while he ponders that, failing to grasp the idea that a child could want more in life than a quite place to read a book* "In any case, whats all the commotion about?"