Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ryan ODwyer - Azkalvor [ Approved - Kostadim ]

Azkalvor

Villager
Azkalvor's Whitelist App:

Minecraft Username: Azkalvor

Country & Timezone: (GMT +9:30) Adelaide, Darwin

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Using information that your character wouldn't have access to to act a different way and thus breaking character development and story.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: I used to run a roleplay Minecraft server of my own but have lately departed from Minecraft. I'm currently looking for something to fill in the time between work and other commitments.

{Character Section}
Character Name: Azkalvor

Race: Human

Appearance: Anhalder : Pale skin, blond hair, brown dull eyes, shaggy hair, thin yet tall in appearance. Clothes are old, plain and clearly need a wash yet still considered well dressed for a vagrant

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): A Thief has no friends: Being born in the slums, Azkalvor never had the opportunity of education or study. His father practically left him at birth in search for treasure. His mother died shortly after leaving him in the care of the slums. It was at first Theft that kept Azkalvor alive in this world, stealing from the local stores or from passer-by's. At a young and innocent age the boy learned the correct targets to keep his belly full and avoid the eye's of the guards. Being a Thief is a lonely profession, not many friends stay in the trade long, either end up starved to death or arrested by the law. Thus Azkalvor turned to a more unusual companion. A white Rat with red eyes given the name "Alice". Azkalvor cared for his new companion and shared an equal cut of the loot (food scraps) with his rat friend. The Rat turned out to be a great distraction, causing more time for Azkalvor to break simple locks or rummage in the pockets of unaware citizens distracted by the White Rat menace. Socially, it takes a lot out of a man whose only close friend is a Rat although his common grew as he mimicked fancy dressed merchant's and the way they dressed / acted. It was until the boy grew bold and once pickpocket a nobleman and stole a rather valuable book from the man. Although on the run he still has his Rat companion and now travels from town to town, trying to keep undetected by the law.

Attachments

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Hey there Azkalvor,

Your app looks alright, but you have defined powergaming quite yet. Please add in that definition and this app will be good to go :)

Azkalvor

Villager
Powergaming is when you abuse game mechanics, external information or roleplay information to "win" or have an unfair advantage

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Powergaming is when you abuse game mechanics, external information or roleplay information to "win" or have an unfair advantage
This is good so far, though not quite exactly what I'm looking for. Refer to the king's law and try again. Afterwards you'll be good to be whitelisted

Azkalvor

Villager
an example would be like if I heard someone on discord or un Out of Character Chat on Minecraft mention a roleplay plan and then use that information to my advantage where my charac

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
What you have described would be under the category of metagaming. You've clearly got the right grasp on that, however powergaming is a different form of rulebreaking. Your earlier explanation was on the right track though not completely correct.

Azkalvor

Villager
Right, powergaming would be:

Creating imaginary guards/ followers to protect or give information to self.

Removing choices from other players by using Power phrases.

Metagaming would be:

Knowing who a character is when they are in disguise or masked.

Knowing a character in roleplay purely from the name above their head despite never meeting them through roleplay methods.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Right, powergaming would be:

Creating imaginary guards/ followers to protect or give information to self.

Removing choices from other players by using Power phrases.

Metagaming would be:

Knowing who a character is when they are in disguise or masked.

Knowing a character in roleplay purely from the name above their head despite never meeting them through roleplay methods.
This is works, Though I will better clarify it for you and gift examples for future reference.

Powergaming is essentially the concept of taking away player agency and ignoring logic. An example would be saying that you were rushing up to someone to stab them with a knife, and then saying that you stabbed them without them even being able to emote. Likewise if you get stabbed the neck but start moving around casually, ignoring your wound. That is also a form of powergaming.

Metagaming as you said is using information that you shouldn't know in character, such as hearing in a discord call that a secret meeting is happening and then proceeding to join that meeting without having any means of knowing its happening.

Beyond that, good job. :)

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
HollowCrafting - Our Custom Crafting Plugin!
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.