Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sawliny's application [Accepted - Snerus]

Sawlinyla

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Sawliny
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Metagaming is your character being able to know something without being told.
Powergaming: Powergaming is using an attack that does not let the other player respond to the action.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Everything you need to know!'.) Tempy_
8. Tell us about yourself!
Every Monday I ride horses, I am able to go over jumps, and also can gallop (The fastest you can go) In my free time I like to make videos. I am socially awkward in front of people. In front of a screen that is a different story. My favorite food is chocolate, my favorite kind is Hershey chocolate. My favorite color is purple, and my favorite animal is a horse. I like all animals. That is all.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't do any of that. Sorry.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No one referred me
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear.
  • Characters fit the lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
(Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)
Annabell
Character Age:
(Simple enough!)
Character Race:
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)
Silver Elf
Appearance:
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)
Blonde hair, ocean blue eyes. Is quite pale.Wheres blue-purple robes, that are very long. Wheres hoods when outside when it is very sunny, but usually does not where the hood up.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Shown at bottom.

Written Test!
Annabelle woke up, the sun shining on her face. "Huh? Is it morning already?" She got up, and made her way down the stairs. She smelled sweet rolls, fresh out over the oven. "Mother? Did you make sweet rolls?" As Annabelle got closer she realized her mom was not in the kitchen. Instead, the was a letter. It read, "Dearest Annabelle, I had to get out to the council early. I made you some sweet rolls. I will see you at sunset. Love, your mother." Annabelle put down the letter and sighed, "Well, I suppose I can go outside again." She made her way out of the house. She looked out into the city. She was her brother outside reading, "Hello Annabelle, better not be going to the outskirts. You know how much mother worries when you are gone. Especially when you climb the weeping willow." Annabelle smiled and replied, "Come on Kendreth" she urged, "how about I get you a book on the way back?" Kendreth finally agreed, and soon Annabelle was on her way.
When she got to the outskirts, she climbed up the willow tree. She reached a robin's nest. In the nest was 3 eggs, and the Robin. She quickly left the tree. She fell off a branch, luckily she grabbed onto another branch. She went to the library and got her brother's book. She put on her hood, and went back home.
When she got home she gave her brother the book, and went into the house. By then, the rolls were cold, but she ate them anyway. She went to her room, and heard the door open. Her mother was home. "How was your day sweety?" Her mother asked. "Hope you did not go to the outskirts." Annabelle hid her arm inside of her robe. "Why would you ask?" Annabelle questioned her mother. "Well, for starters, your brother has a new book. You know he never goes outside. And if it is not to hard to tell you are in your robe. You never go in it unless you go outside." Annabelle was surprised with her mother's remark. "Fine, but it is just so boring in the city. Besides, I don't get hurt." Her mother simply replied, "Fine, but we will talk about this tomorrow. Good night sweety." Annabelle kissed her mother goodnight, and went to her bed. Soon she fell asleep.

Attachments

Last edited:

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I'll be your resident mentor for the application today.

I'll begin by saying that your test includes too much cliché and not enough comfortable originality. I will also say that finding a single wolf pup and raising it as your own is off the table, as well. For one, it is an unrealistic concept, and two, it is an opportunity for advantage gained through back story and without effort. I'll ask you to rewrite the test in a way that focuses less on death and depression and more about the daily life of the character or an adventure they've gone on, and to remove the idea of a pet wolf.

You can reply to this post once you make the changes above.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey! I'll contact glados and if he's not available, we'll get you a reply today from another mentor. Thank you for being patient and sticking with us :)

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Hi, I'm sorry for leaving this unattended for so long, I didn't get a notification on my mind and it slipped the mind.

Under normal circumstances, I have to say that this is where I would decline your app. However, to make up for having you wait so long by mistake, I'll afford you another chance here.

I need to reiterate that violence isn't something that we like to see in a test. It typically betrays an immature mindset and a tendency for propagating clichés we don't like to see in the community. As well as, we don't have technology advanced beyond about the printing press level of things and certainly not darts or sleeping poison.

I'll need to ask you to give me one more try at the test. Think of something along the lines of just an average day in the life of your character. Remember, the test doesn't necessarily need to be their backstory.

Go ahead and let me know when you're ready!

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Yo what up.

Due to shufflings in the rosters, I'll be taking over the evaluation of this application. Glados' requested changes will still stand.

That is all, my good friend. Keep at her.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Thanks for making the requested changes. I see no noticeable discrepancies in your application, so I'm inclined to accept it.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.