Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To Be Resumed Serene Retreat [Dungeon]

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Does 30 count if we just cover the 0 with an alcohol stain?

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
*calls his fellow Dworfs, frowning as there are only about 12* Twelve's the new thirty.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
OPENING
From this Friday, 9 PM, Central European Time, the Serene Retreat will be open for exploration.

Due to the intricate nature of some of the dungeon's puzzles:
  1. It will have to be manually reset after every party passes through.
  2. Some areas of the dungeon can be abused by plugins like stair-sitting or voting for emeralds.
Because of this I have decided that I have to be present in the region for every single run to ensure everything runs smoothly. I had originally considered asking the staff team for invisibility, or brewing a dungload of invisibilty potions. But I decided to altogether avoid the issue by accompanying adventurers into the dungeon myself, through my character Magnus Redbeard.

Entering the Dungeon
Considering the reasons given above, the dungeon cannot have free access. In other words, you need to let me know beforehand when you and your comrades are going to be there, so that I can let you in and accompany you. Therefore we are going to be using a simple queue system, where people sign up here on this thread through a format that I'l post below, and you show up at the Serene Retreat whenever I announce its open for adventurers. This will be whenever I have free-time, and will most likely become less frequent as the weeks pass. As having a dock or a stable deep in the forest makes no sense, any adventurers will have to travel by foot. Its not far from Thiil or the Crossroads, so this shouldn't be an issue. Location can be seen on the map in the original post, or the Dynamic Map. I will be waiting at a small camp a stonethrow from the dungeon itself.

Party Leader:
Party Members (Max 3 total):
Party Name (Not required):
RP/OOC:

The first to apply will be the first in queue~
Once Inside
Depending on whether your party is RP or OOC, I'm going to be following you either OOC or as Magnus Redbeard at all times. Any attempts to deliberately split up in order to cheat will get you banned from the dungeon. Throughout the dungeon you will find entries from a journal. These are crucial, and you should always look for these if you are stuck. If you pull a lever, and a nearby Entry says you shouldn't, its kind of your fault. The three first parties to make it to the end of the dungeon will find a chest containing bonus loot and a plain book. Feel free to write a message to whoever comes after you about what a complete badass you are, and how they'll never be as cool as you.

Rules
  • The dungeon can only be attempted twice per day by any player. This is in part because a grindfest is not fun for anyone, but also because I like to think I have a life other than Minecraft.
  • You obviously lose if you die, but you can also lose by failing a puzzle too many times, or by taking too long doing something. If this happens you will be notified and must use the /spawn command.
  • Your inventory must be completely clean upon entry.
  • Food can be brought, but must stay in your inventory at all times.
  • Mechanics like chair sitting must not be abused.
  • Dispensers are visible here and there, just pretend you don't see them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • If a party member dies, you are free to press on. You can also suicide, but it counts as a game over either way.
  • Any items such as Journal Entries, or items that are otherwise crucial for the dungeon must stay where they were found. You could always ask Magnus if you are uncertain.
  • Every chest can only be looted ONCE. If you die and try again at a later time, the chests you have already looted will be empty. (I will try to keep track of this in a document, don't be afraid to tell me if you think I've got something mixed up)
  • Emerald blocks, Diamonds, and Gold bars are purely rewards, and must not be removed from the inventory.
  • Some dispensers are stocked with 30+ items for simplicity's sake. Spamming the buttons wont get you anywhere.
Unwritten Rules [That I wrote]

The dungeon was made and tested with moody brightness settings. This is to emulate that its in an actual cave, not a solarium. There is no way that I can enforce this, and some people might have darker screens than others, so be a good sport and use common sense.
Due to some parts of the dungeon being big rooms or caverns, torches can be seen in some strange places. Just ignore them. This also applies to most redstone torches, as they are there for ambient lighting.
I used this piece of music for inspiration while building the dungeon, so id definitly recommend having this run in the background for the sake of immersion!

Have fun!

The party queue will be added to the original post on page 1!
(Rules are subject to change as I have probably forgotten some stuff)

Last edited:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I volunteer as tribute to lead a group through this dungeon...or to simply tag along as a grunt lackey who, when asked questions, responds only with "ugg"

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Did someone say Dungeons?
Set to Zelda Music?
On my watch?

Party Leader: The Hero of Time
Party Members (Max 3 total): Hope Rides Alone (At least on my first run through)
Party Name (Not required): The Indigo-Go's
RP/OOC: OOC as Link is a registered trademark of Nintendo and they get feisty when I try to make the things I do as him cannon.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Did someone say Dungeons?
Set to Zelda Music?
On my watch?

Party Leader: The Hero of Time
Party Members (Max 3 total): Hope Rides Alone (At least on my first run through)
Party Name (Not required): The Indigo-Go's
RP/OOC: OOC as Link is a registered trademark of Nintendo and they get feisty when I try to make the things I do as him cannon.
So the hero of time will be the first adventurer. Appropriate. Added to the original post!

Anithola

Lord of Altera
-Copied all important information to the main post.
-Added what you can expect in terms of rewards
-Added some new rules/info. (These will continue to be modified)

-24 hours until it opens *Squee*

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I wish to apply myself and two friends! I will personally just be following him as he does things, and i will say nothing, unless he gets stuck on a part, or keeps missing a part of the parkour.
Party Leader: GoggleOgler
Party Members (Max 3 total): The Goggles of Ogling, the Drunken Smith, and the Greedy Elf (Nemy, @Desalina )
Party Name (Not required): Beer Goggles O' Greed
RP/OOC: Rp, Roy needs to not be so racist towards earthspawn :p

Last edited:

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I wish to apply myself and a friend! I will personally just be following him as he does things, and i will say nothing, unless he gets stuck on a part, or keeps missing a part of the parkour.
Party Leader: GoggleOgler
Party Members (Max 3 total): The Goggles of Ogling, and the Drunken Smith
Party Name (Not required): Beer Goggles
RP/OOC: Rp, Roy needs to not be so racist towards earthspawn :p
Added!

T

Th3RealLegend

Anyone need an extra person? I don't want to solo this, so if anyone wants to add another person to their party(OOC or RP), then go ahead!