Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SimplyRose's Application [Approved - Brian]

SimplyRose

Noble of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?

SimplyRose

2. How old are you?

Well, I’d prefer this not be public for privacy reasons. It’s above the age limit, however, and I certainly think I meet any maturity requirements.

3. What country are you from?

America! The United States, specifically.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?

Definitely. I was surprised, albeit pleasantly, by the ban on NPCs.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Besides annoying? Well. Powergaming is the use of an imbalanced set of traits, a seemingly magical ability to have all the right items at all the right times, etc. It unreasonably bends the fabric of plausibility. Powergaming also encompasses forcing actions onto another player, and making it impossible for them to refute those actions. Ex.

A: runs up to B and smacks him in the face with a cupcake, making B pass out.

Metagaming is the use of out-of-character knowledge during in-character interactions. Ex.

Player A knows that Player B’s character is planning to bake her character into a giant cupcake! Player A’s character absolutely avoids Player B’s character, even though, her character could have no idea of Player B’s character’s malicious baking plans.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Nope.

7. Tell us about yourself!

Err. I dunno how much there is to say! I’m a citizen of the United States of America with a penchant for dogs and mammals of the like, and something of a writing hobby. I’m acceptably fluent in Spanish, and have begun to tackle literature in that language. During free time, I find myself drafting original characters as well as sketching digital art. On a more personal note, I’m the proud owner of two yappy, small dogs, whom I love dearly, and one rabbit who responds (more or less) to the moniker of Chubbs.

8. Do you have any examples of your work?

Ehhh. I suppose I have some art:

I also do interior decor! But not actual builds, haha.

9. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?

I’m signing on along with ContestedSnow, hopefully. He’s the brains of our operation.

About Your Character!

Character Name:

Flynnigan Meinderly

Character Age:

Character Race:

Halfling

Appearance:

Flynnie’s a ruddy 3 feet and one inch in height, precisely. His strawberry blond mop of curls, reaches well beyond the tops of his ears, and gives him something of a carefree, boyish look. His face is rather rounded, with fat collecting around his cheeks, and beneath his chin, seeing as the Halfling is a rather podgy sort, and constantly tempted by the presence of his grandmother’s strawberry jam biscuits. As for his nose, it’s a rather ‘sweet little button,’ as his elder sister would say. His lips are full and pink, and are often peeled back, revealing some appallingly large buck teeth. Due to Flynnigan’s obsession with sweets, his oral health is lacking, and those obscene buck teeth have turned a yellow hue. The boy was graced with a heaping helping of freckles, which only serve to accentuate his youthfulness, along with rich, dark brown eyes, always brimming with vim and vigor.

As for his physicality, it’s a ‘disaster’ according to his more physically fit compatriots. Flynnie has a rounded and plentiful gut, which sits atop two rather bowed legs. His fingers are small, but fat, and his entire body seems to be blanketed in a similar layer of padding. His clunky feet and poor fitness make him physically inept, to be certain.

As much of a glutton for fine foodstuffs as Flynnigan is, his craving for fashion with gravitas almost matches it. The Halfling came from something of a privileged background, with a fairly well-off family, and dresses accordingly. His possesses a gaudy taffeta overcoat, in cherry cough-syrup red, along with a motley orange and yellow vest. His slacks are paired to match his coat harmoniously, and when it suits his fancy, Flynnigan dons a red cap, to boot.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

Talk and chatter were simply functions of everyday life for Flynnie. His family was in interesting sort of Halfling - they’d settled down. His grandfather opened a hostel, which catered to the travellers passing through the little town along a trading route which catered to all sorts. His grandmother assumed kitchen duties, and his parents labored tirelessly to keep each and every room utterly spotless, while the young boy indulged in a bright, brilliant childhood, free of worry. Nevertheless, his every waking moment was punctuated by the sights and sounds of a township - especially language.

And so, it was through a certain intangible vibrancy, some small quiver of excitement in the voices which normally buzzed with joie de vie, were edged with something greater- anticipation. A brightly colored tent had been constructed in a fallow field, and what it contained was immeasurable delights! Or so it was promised.

“A carnival, ladies and gentlemen! Witness the great Travelling Acrobats in their full regalia! Prepare to be amazed by the Bearded Woman, the great Barnnes The Bear Tamer, and all sorts of curiosities!” a portly man in a navy blue robe called out. His pudding-bowl hair was matched only by curly whiskers and loose garments. With eyes that glinted like sunlight off a gold coin, he enticed one young Halfling, a young thing with chocolate curls.

The girl stepped up onto a platform, surrounded by the mesmerizing sights and sounds which danced and swam around her. Flynnigan watched with fascination, too, as his childhood friend was dazzled by the tacky tricks of the ringmaster. He, too, was dazzled by the colors and bright lights, especially by the whale oil lanterns and the deep shadows they cast.

Gently, the wind began to pick up, toying with the ribbons which floated gracefully from maypoles, and stakes of the tent. The sunlight cast a rich, orange glow as the sky itself basked in creamy shell pink, every moment intensifying the hues of the heavens. However, such natural beauty was rivaled by a calliope of colors from within the bigtop. Nature, in her way attempted to grab at the attention of the circus patrons - a gently shower began patting the top of the tent.

The pitter patter of the raindrops went unnoticed by most, for each time the clamour died within, a new wonder was released from the seemingly endless store of such things. However, one halfling boy had lost his entrancement; he hardly had the attention span for it. The rain drew him out of the tent, and the flashes of lightning which followed suit prompted him to dash back inside and tug the sleeves and pant legs of anyone he could reach, attempting to draw the attention of the tallfolk.

While young mister Meinderly fled for the comfort of a warm hearth, the experience at the circus was formative. The life of entertaining and on the stage was now a fixation, a dream. One that, even a decade later, he was striving to achieve.

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Love your character, he seems very interesting. :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.