Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SirShanksalot's Application [Approved - Niko]

Shankster

Lord of Altera
Hero
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SirShanksalot

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of using knowledge that you would not know in character to your advantage in an RP situation; an example of this is referring to another character's thoughts as if they had said them aloud. Powergaming is refusing to roleplay in a way that is fair or fun for everyone involved, examples of this include giving your character unrealistic powers or claiming they have skills that have no basis in their backstory or roleplay training.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie1

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Kyle, and I am a college student living in California. My interests include mainly video games and spending time with friends when I am not in class or at work. I love a good book and reading is another hobby that I sink a lot of time into. I have an extremely cute dog named Brooke that I take every opportunity to buy things for and pamper. I am pretty laid back but a bit reserved when it comes to new people, despite that I like to consider myself a friendly guy. My biggest experience in roleplaying is playing dungeons and dragons with my friends, we have been playing off and on for the past 4 years and it is my main outlet when it comes to creative writing. In terms of what other games I like, recently most of my video game time has been dedicated to Path of Exile, World of Warcraft, and the Binding of Isaac. I look forward to getting into this server and meeting new people.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not at the moment.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Baron2537

About Your Character:
Character Name:
Leofaren Venna

Character Age: 27

Character Race: Silver Elf

Appearance: Leofaren has the tall, lean build, pale skin, and dark hair typical of silver elves. He has deep blue eyes, flecked with silver, giving them a look similar to the sky at dusk. His face is usually set in a somewhat forlorn expression, giving him a melancholy appearance. He favors purple as his color of choice when it comes to his clothing. Across his chest is a long scar from an incident with a brigand robbing him early during his travels, he is very careful about hiding this as imperfections on the skin are shameful to silver elves.

Personality: Despite a countenance that a casual observer may describe as gloomy, Leofaren is actually a very kind, quick to smile man. He retains the cool composure typical to his race, but he does not look down on others as some of his kind do, in fact his curiosity about the cultures and lifestyles of other peoples is part of what fuels his scholarly interests. He considers the accumulation of knowledge and the expanding of one's academic horizons to be the most noble pursuit. He is a thoroughly non-violent man, despite some basic fencing being part of his upbringing, and would only harm another person if greatly pressured.

Written Test:
(The scene: Leofaren is dining with his mother. The atmosphere is tense, both of them eating in silence.)

"So," says lady Venna, breaking the silence while coldly considering her son sitting at the other end of the table. "You are certain that this work of yours is a worthwhile allocation of your time and intellect?"
Leofaren sets aside his fork, thinking for a long moment before answering; "Yes mother, yes I am. This is an area of study that I have found severely lacking in publications and research; I intend to remedy the issue."
Lady Venna's eyes narrow at that, and she sighs derisively. "There is a reason for that, the lives of lesser people do not warrant closer inspection. There is nothing to be learned from the underdeveloped cultures of undesirables."
Waving a hand dismissively, Leofaren scowls slightly. "That is an attitude bordering dangerously close to anti-intellectual, mother. For all of our culture and power, our people are not perfect; there is always more to learn and for that we must look not within, but at those around us."
"And what about elven purity?" she counters. "Which we have worked so hard to preserve through all the trials that our people have faced?"
Leofaren stand, preparing to leave. "There is a fine line between preserving and honoring the past, and stagnation." He turns, walking toward the doorway.
"I hope you find what you seek" she calls sarcastically after him.
He pauses at the doorway, sighing tiredly. "As do I," he responds under his breath before retiring to his chambers.
Waking up at first light the following morning, Leofaren prepares his satchel with everything he needs to initially set out on his travels. He frowns while trying to balance necessities with materials he will need for his work, like paper and quills. As he leaves his family's estate, he receives terse farewell fro, his mother, the only family present with his father away for business. As he sets off down the road, he feels a strange mix of hope and apprehension. He is sure of his purpose, but the future could hold any number of dangers.
(Some time later.)
Having been on the road for a while now, having traveled farther from home than he ever had before, Leofaren feels eager to begin his research. He notices someone walking ahead of him ahead on the road, a rustic looking human man. Leofaren quickens his pace and his soon walking beside the man, who looks up at him slightly confused.
"Do you mind if I walk with you?" Leofaren asks in somewhat stilted common?
"Not at all," the man respond. "As long as your intentions are good I never say no to a little company. My name is Genn, by the way."
"Excellent, happy to make your acquaintance. My name is Leofaren, or Leo if you wish," he responded.
The two walk for a while in a comfortable silence, taking in the rolling countryside around them. After a while, Leofaren clears his throat before slightly sheepishly asking: "Genn, I was hoping you could tell me a little about yourself."
Genn scratches his stubbled chin, considering his words before answering. "Well, I'm a farmer by trade, I have a wife, a son, and a daughter waiting for me at home, and my favorite hobby is fishing."
Genn turns to look at a scratching sound over his shoulder, only to find Leofaren, lagging slightly behind, scribbling in a notebook with a quill, ink pot precariously balanced in the crook of his arm.
"And what of your extended family?" Leofaren asks. "Do they partake in the same traditions as you? How long has your lineage settled this area? What are the most common theological followings in this area? What do-"
Genn holds up a hand to cut him off, laughing at the barrage of questions. "You sure are a curious fellow, Leo, in both senses of the word. I don't think we have the time for all these questions." He squints at the sun before continuing. "It is nearly supper time, and my wife hates it when I am late." He pauses momentarily, a smile spreading across his face. "You know what, why don't you join us for dinner? I can guarantee that the kids have never met a person like you, and in exchange I will answer any questions that you have. Deal?" Genn extends his hand, an expectant look on his face. Leofaren hesitates, before shaking Genn's hand and bobbing his head enthusiastically.
"That sounds sounds perfectly amenable to me," he quips. "And a lesson in local cuisine? Splendid!"

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Marvelous work.
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.