Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Some changes in the new world. [Please read]

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I don't think having multiple "villages" within a huge region would be very effective, for the reasons Pyrocide laid out above, but I do think it is possible to create a similar effect.
I think it's worth a try. If the villages have distinctive character then they could be attractive. The bonus is everyone is part of the same region so villages and farms can evolve over time. If they fall into disuse then they can be removed and people can move to a neighbouring village without any hassle. Alternatively, two successful ones might grow and merge together.

Ephemarel

Lord of Altera
Even the most dedicated of city-lovers will, in time, desire to own their own city, mansion, or "expensive" build one day; it's the nature of Minecraft to upgrade.

So, building on Jeroxia's comment about mansions, why not just have a bunch of private estates and large, independently-owned farms pop up around the countryside? That would give spice to the surrounding area without creating "competition" in the form of new villages.
I like this idea... I really like this idea. That way we don't have any ghost town effect, but the need to build something massive all for yourself would be fulfilled. If nobody else does, I am totally building on this idea.

d_fry

Lord of Altera
instead of a transfer can one simply have their plots and stuff reimbursed for future building?

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With this oppertunity of making a new world, wouldn't it be nice if we can make a certain world (separate, like EF and SW) where people /have/ to build together? A RolePlay world where every single player 0n this server lives in the same town? All helping each other to make one epic diversified city? Just an idea, an experiment. Might turn out bad, but it would be fun to see all these characters building and creating one massive city of roleplays and mythical medieval stuff.

[EDIT:] Maybe we could even make some kind of hierarchy to prevent enormous monstrosities of buildings. A big town with the ones that been playing for the longest on top of the hill and the newcomers lower and lower? I wouldn't mind. :p

:) any opinions on this?

Menel

Carpet Monkey
With this oppertunity of making a new world, wouldn't it be nice if we can make a certain world (separate, like EF and SW) where people /have/ to build together? A RolePlay world where every single player 0n this server lives in the same town? All helping each other to make one epic diversified city? Just an idea, an experiment. Might turn out bad, but it would be fun to see all these characters building and creating one massive city of roleplays and mythical medieval stuff. :) any opinions on this?
the idea is interesting, but the reason is hard to come up with. Lords, houses, kingdoms, everything would be thrown into one pot....i don't want to be a guard of that city ;_;

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
the idea is interesting, but the reason is hard to come up with. Lords, houses, kingdoms, everything would be thrown into one pot....i don't want to be a guard of that city ;_;
very true, but hasn't the eastern frontier and the southern wilds been the same. with buildings without RolePlay reasons and griefed stuff all around. Hardly any order of roleplay was found there.

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
With this oppertunity of making a new world, wouldn't it be nice if we can make a certain world (separate, like EF and SW) where people /have/ to build together? A RolePlay world where every single player 0n this server lives in the same town? All helping each other to make one epic diversified city? Just an idea, an experiment. Might turn out bad, but it would be fun to see all these characters building and creating one massive city of roleplays and mythical medieval stuff.

[EDIT:] Maybe we could even make some kind of hierarchy to prevent enormous monstrosities of buildings. A big town with the ones that been playing for the longest on top of the hill and the newcomers lower and lower? I wouldn't mind. :p

:) any opinions on this?
Pirate i have been thinking of such a society for a long time now. I finally worked everything out and plan on posting this today. more detail will be in the post. Also we could tweak this idea together if you need my skype about this its bowduin12 but everyone ill be posting about this today so watch the Roleplay section (o think ill put it there)

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
hmm, not sure. isn't this idea of having 'everyone' inside one town while boulderpaul just wants to create a realistic region with towns, villiages and so on?
Although I'm sure he doesn't want everyone on the server, I think he'd probably want a lot of people to join and take some responsibility for building their own sections

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Erm.

How will we lockette pack mules?
Shouldn't need to; the shopkeeper plugin we use doesn't require lockette, so I see no reason why the same principle/programming can't be used on pack-mules.
Shopkeepers & Lockette works with a sign attached to it. A mule can probably not.
Chests are at a very special place in the world, they can be targeted with their position. Mules cannot.

The makers of theses plugins will need to find a new way to make that work, and maybe they won't.
So don't set your expectancies too high :p

apollo6000

Lord of Altera
*loads mule with all valuables* *demigodorphanassasiansuperpoweredkryptonianmegagriefingmegasuperhero kills it* *balls and cries like a little baby*