Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sorrowlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
I think the plugin we use for /home doesn't support a delay. Not sure if that has changed in the last couple of months.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Could we perhaps add a rule about no troll builds?

By that, I mean putting a stop to builds specifically designed to annoy or harass people, like ugly cobble staircases built solely for the purpose of jumping over a wall.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Oh c'mon guys. I tell people that they can pay for passage by coin or by blood. Infact, if they just let me kill them to pay for passage(by blood) then I give their stuff back, I offer a worry free death and i am true to my word. Though I much rather hunt people down to kill them and take all their stuff; aimlessly hunting people away from the ship is near fruitless, the map is so large that even a poorly thought out /sethome location will offer a high degree of safety. In other words I wouldn't stalk the boat if it wasn't so much more effective than any other strategy and even then the current "instant /home" is a near guarenteed get away.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Well, there is a map that allows you to locate most player builds, if you want a way to track where people will be....

And when in doubt, forests.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I would like to suggest we change the plugin we use for /home, in that case. There's also a buggy sethome in beds, which do absolutely nothing, thus a better plugin that did the job without things we don't need would be better.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
And while I'm on the subject of things that allow people to get away too easily. There is one strategy that I have noticed will offer a free /home every time no matter what(Even if /home gets its warmup time). Though I hate to divulge this information for fear of people using it against me, I feel that I should bring it to light: It is possible to simply walk from the boat and around/through town and walk directly onto a player owned chunk without ever leaving the towns no-PvP zone. In fact, some of the chunks I own are partly inside the towns no-PvP zone. Once a player steps out of the no-PvP zone onto a player owned chunk, you guessed it, it's a free /home from that location. It's just as bad as being able to use /home in the middle of town, or on the boat.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
That's just nonsense. PvP is not RP. But then again, the only times I've seen you, you were in the Sorrowlands PvP'ing.
To be honest, I tried an RP fight out yesterday, I used dice rolls, nobody knew what was going on. One person said that dice rolls don't accurately portray a persons experience. How am I supposed to know if that person is as experienced as they say? In PvP it's real easy to test someones true mettle, they can't fake it. The people that get good at PvP put tons of time into getting themselves there, I know from experience. I've played for over a year now and only a couple of months ago did I make myself truly powerful.

Anyway, I think of RP fights are kinda like 'Who's Line is it Anyway?', where the experience is made up and the attacks don't matter! That's just my opinion though.

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
Dummy, you use insanely enchanted equipment so you can't exactly test their mettle

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Dummy, you use insanely enchanted equipment so you can't exactly test their mettle
Yeah, my mettle is quite steely. I got there from a lot of hard work, and I reap the benefits. SparkinSpace or Benijim are the only people on my level gear wise. However, BraveRubberDuck has some very clever moves of their own, and that's without gear.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
To be honest, I tried an RP fight out yesterday, I used dice rolls, nobody knew what was going on. One person said that dice rolls don't accurately portray a persons experience. How am I supposed to know if that person is as experienced as they say? In PvP it's real easy to test someones true mettle, they can't fake it. The people that get good at PvP put tons of time into getting themselves there, I know from experience. I've played for over a year now and only a couple of months ago did I make myself truly powerful.

Anyway, I think of RP fights are kinda like 'Who's Line is it Anyway?', where the experience is made up and the attacks don't matter! That's just my opinion though.

Fair game on the banditing part.... but if you're going to talk about RP, at least ditch the Protection IV Fully-repaired Diamond armour. It makes it impossible to land a proper hit on you, even if you're outnumbered.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Never mind, there was a naked old man that payed for passage with carrots. I let him through because he was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.