Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Star Citizen

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
*sneaks in* I've been keeping track of this game for a while now and it is looking very promising! Give me a poke here or on the RSI forums any time, especially once the dogfighting module comes out later in the year. Can't wait to cruise around in a huge variety of ships and spend my time mining (any diamonds in space?...) and exploring.

Here is my current little fleet ;)
Where did you get those ships? Is the only way of getting them having to pay a pledge?

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Where did you get those ships? Is the only way of getting them having to pay a pledge?
Yeah, just like if you pledge loads for Starbound you get a statue of youself ingame. Most Indie designers use it to quicken the game as they would need to get 2nd jobs for living and accomodation otherwise.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Yeah but the pledges for every ship all appear to be over $1000...
Nah, my tiny one is 30, and next up is like 60/80 I believe. It's only the Capital ships that're expensive and you get other bonus's to those.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The pledges for "every ship" as in the sum total of purchasing all of them in one package.

JasonK94

Hylian Thing
They won't be so expensive one the game launches. They're only expensive now because they need backers. Once it's done you won't need actual money to buy them and there will be more ships :p

Machy234

Lord of Altera
You can even go for the 30, but then you only get the game not the add-ons like the dogfighting module thingy this year before Christmas.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I really want to get together with a group of folks and travel space, trading as we go. Picking up new wares and selling old ones all the time. Something that I'd actually do given the chance.

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Maybe a bit of pirating too. I hope that you can buy and sell ships. Go and rob somebodys ship in the middle of space and sell it to someone else, and then they have to go trace it down. That'd be a lot of fun too. And it'd make being a merc a legitimate profession.

-K9

K9

Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
A question for anyone that can answer:

-Is this going to be a game where there are servers with a ton of people on them, so we're constantly interacting with other people?
*Shrug*

I hope they have a megashard, like TESO.

-K9

Machy234

Lord of Altera
I thought the whole point of the game is it's just one big universe, with no servers for Europe and so on just one huge server. So you can get raided by some Japanese dude and then trade with an Aussie. I don't know about server hosting for friends though, it might happen.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
You forgot to add the Merc's that the cargo ships hire to deal with the pirates/rogues.

AKA Me, in my tiny ship.