Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tattoos!

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
This is mine.image.jpg
It's Carcosa, from Robert chambers king in yellow and the Cthulhu mythos. May have also seen it if you've seen true detective.

The beginning to my Cthulhu full sleeve. :p

KatyKookie

Lord of Altera
I have 2
I have a huuuuge phobia of needles so my first was nerve wracking but I LOVE THE PAIN!

1st I got in August 2012
The meaning behind this one is, my childhood and my home town.
I come from a place in England known for their pottery making, and this was a design I found on a plate at my grandmothers house (Stupid I know but)
But I love nature and as a Pagan it brings me back to my childhood when I'd play in the dirt, and make dens.
This tattoo was a way for me to express the femininity behind my boyish ways

2nd one I got May 8th 2014
I was suffering heavy depression this year, and my mother always tells me when I am down, that little acorns grow into big trees
She is my rock, and keeps me going.
So when I was diagnosed with depression fully (And 2 days before my boyfriend broke up with me) I knew
I was ready to get a new tattoo.
So I got the saying in her handwriting.
BUT I was so miffed afterwards because he joined the R and N in Acorns together by a slight stroke and now it looks like Acoms!
But that made me and my mum laugh so much... I guess it's like a bit of truth to the meaning that even though we make mistakes it's still raw and the
meaning is still there.
I love it with the mistake.

The next tattoo I want is for my dad, he's got me into gaming as a little girl. He'd play Zelda and Tomb Raider, and would save up to make sure I had a few consoles growing up.
He also got me into Fantasy and Medieval, and stories!
He LOVES Harry Potter and magic! So I want something that combines all those things.
Something fantasy, magical.. medieval. Something captivating and colourful, enriched with all the things we both enjoy! Cause he keeps my mind creative.

I also want a rainbow feather for my grandad, because they say whenever you see a white feather in a random place where it shouldn't be. It's your guardian angel watching over you.
But white tattoos are hard to maintain, and when he passed away - there was a rainbow over the church.
So rainbows hold a very special part in my life.
They are like little signs that he's making sure I'm ok! Soppy I know haha.

Both my tattoos are on my back shoulder, one on each side.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
@KatyKookie Tattoo for your dad: TriForce of Deathly Hallows.

Like that, but combined. Make the Deathly Hallows the triangle inside the TriForce maybe.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hmph, I have had the topic of getting a tattoo on my mind for a year or two now, and I have come up with two options:

1) A Phoenix: The reason why I want this tattoo is because the phoenix always rises from its ashes, to me that reminds me that I can come up from my own ashes of advisory and just general hard times and rise a new person.
2) A Compass: This one is alittle more simple to me; Travel is my passion and its also going to be my career once I finish my college course on Tourism, for this one I was thinking of the lower arm by the wrist in that area.

What do you guys think? My friends like the idea, but I want some outside opinions :)

KatyKookie

Lord of Altera
Hmph, I have had the topic of getting a tattoo on my mind for a year or two now, and I have come up with two options:

1) A Phoenix: The reason why I want this tattoo is because the phoenix always rises from its ashes, to me that reminds me that I can come up from my own ashes of advisory and just general hard times and rise a new person.
2) A Compass: This one is alittle more simple to me; Travel is my passion and its also going to be my career once I finish my college course on Tourism, for this one I was thinking of the lower arm by the wrist in that area.

What do you guys think? My friends like the idea, but I want some outside opinions :)
They sound absolutely amazing! Simple and personal to you ! Go for it!

lycana

Lord of Altera
Hero
FlyingDingo78900
FlyingDingo78900
Hero
If anyone is looking for a tattoo place in Tulsa, Oklahoma I can hook you up for free.

Also Im getting a pinstripe design on my back because, its a tradition in my family.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Considered getting one in the future, despite not really finding them desirable over the course of my life. Not sure what exactly I'd get, but probably an insignia of some sort on my left shoulder blade. Most likely would have something to do with either Halo or Zelda.

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
image.png
image.jpeg

These two, I don't know where I want them though. I want them because they represent some important.. But rather personal things so, yeh. But here's what they look like XD

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic

three hours in the chair striaght and thus it was born made the artists portfolio for his work.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
No color?
Looks like it would really pop with some Crimson and white.

I mean. Clearly Im bias.
But isnt the problem with colour that it simply bleeds into eachother and you're left with a strange mess?
I dont see the point of tattoos outside of religious ceremonies and coming of age ceremonies, I actually cringe whenever I see a tattoo because I know they will look aweful with it when they are old
Also, the reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought it was for like the Engem or something

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I am still waiting to get a tattoo, but I have this one rule with tattoos: "Don't get a tattoo that can't be coverede with a t-shirt or shorts".
I got this from a friend that now needs to work with a sweater all year, because a t-shirt does not cover it and he is not alliwed to show it.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
But isnt the problem with colour that it simply bleeds into eachother and you're left with a strange mess?
I dont see the point of tattoos outside of religious ceremonies and coming of age ceremonies, I actually cringe whenever I see a tattoo because I know they will look aweful with it when they are old
Also, the reason I clicked on this thread was because I thought it was for like the Engem or something
Well cells expand. That's how bodies work so yes. But as for looking bad when there older I. And I'm sure everyone else who has body art would disagree with.

Also, colors can/should be redone every 3-4 years (usually really cheap) to keep the colors vibrant. Which helps cover any naturally occurring bleed.

As for cringing. I guess if that's how you feel it's how oh feel. But tattoos for me at least are a family thing as well as a personal thing. We all have tattoos that represent ourselves and each other. The beautiful thing many people don't realize is that a tattoo is something that can never be taken from you, no matter how bad of hard life becomes.

Can't expect to convert a nonbeliever here but you might think twice when telling someone something about there body that is a permanent comment makes you cringe.