Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tattoos!

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Well cells expand. That's how bodies work so yes. But as for looking bad when there older I. And I'm sure everyone else who has body art would disagree with.

Also, colors can/should be redone every 3-4 years (usually really cheap) to keep the colors vibrant. Which helps cover any naturally occurring bleed.

As for cringing. I guess if that's how you feel it's how oh feel. But tattoos for me at least are a family thing as well as a personal thing. We all have tattoos that represent ourselves and each other. The beautiful thing many people don't realize is that a tattoo is something that can never be taken from you, no matter how bad of hard life becomes.

Can't expect to convert a nonbeliever here but you might think twice when telling someone something about there body that is a permanent comment makes you cringe.
I've just never really seen the reasons for getting it, and was curious

Spark

Broken
I really want a tattoo but I want to get one that means something and will mean something for the rest of my life.

My step-sister got one without thinking about it, she's just turned 18 and she got "let it be" with a couple of swallows, right under her tit.

I'd have to get it in a place that wouldn't affect my employability, but still be visible, so probably upper arm. Of course it depends on what I'd be getting.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'm hoping to get the rod of Asclepius, or Staff of Hermes somewhere on my back. It's a memorial to my dad, whom was a paramedic, among other things. My brother got the Star of Life with the Rod of Asclepius on his calf.

Rod of Asclepius is the snake around the staff. Staff of Hermes (Usually stands alone) is the two snakes around the winged staff, and Star of Life (has the Rod of Asclepius inside) is the symbol used by paramedic and EMT forces, in case you were unaware.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I really want a tattoo but I want to get one that means something and will mean something for the rest of my life.

I'd have to get it in a place that wouldn't affect my employability, but still be visible, so probably upper arm. Of course it depends on what I'd be getting.
This is pretty much my dilemma. I want a tattoo but what defines me as a person, or whatever I fancy that year, I fear won't be relevant when I'm 35, 50, 80. I've made three appointments and canceled two and just didn't show up for one because of this. But I love looking at tattoos that people have.

Spark

Broken
This is pretty much my dilemma. I want a tattoo but what defines me as a person, or whatever I fancy that year, I fear won't be relevant when I'm 35, 50, 80. I've made three appointments and canceled two and just didn't show up for one because of this. But I love looking at tattoos that people have.
Exactly, in 60 years time when my grandkids or whatever ask what my tattoo means, I want to be able to tell them something rather than "looked cool in the catalog".

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
"I will have a tattoo for all my favorite characters"

"I dont have enough skin for all my characters"

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
I will go on record and say not all your tattoos have to mean something when you get them.

A lot of people get tattoos simply for the art and it gains meaning over time. There's nothing wrong with getting something for the simple pleasure of wanting to

Spark

Broken
I will go on record and say not all your tattoos have to mean something when you get them.

A lot of people get tattoos simply for the art and it gains meaning over time. There's nothing wrong with getting something for the simple pleasure of wanting to
I get why people get them for the art, I've seen a lot of tattoos that just look awesome for what they are, I just personally want meaning behind mine :p

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm getting a tattoo, most likely in January, I'm pretty ready for it.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm getting a tattoo, most likely in January, I'm pretty ready for it.
Funny enough, I just booked a appointment with a artist to figure out what I want to get, pretty hyped.