Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TeakGem's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Snerus]

TeakGem

Loyal Servant of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TeakGem

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is when you use information you obtain through other means other than roleplay, in other words through OC means, and you use it IC.

Powergaming is when you force your actions on another player and or make your character have abilities that they should not be able to so as to better benefit them. In other words a small halfling that is as strong as an orc or a human that is an expert in almost everything. AKA godmodding.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Cukie

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am 17 years old and am engaged. I play and DM D&D games as well as Pathfinders. I also enjoy Magic the gathering. I have 2 dogs, a cat and a bearded dragon, the one dog is a Jack-chi and she is small but she bosses the bigger one around, he is a great pyrenees/ mountain cur mix. Am originally from pennsylvania but now live in texas, I have been here a little over a year now.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

I do love writing, although I'm not very good at it, so maybe at a later date I will post some of my writing!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
StarWillow2000

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Granmama Noakes
Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Her hair is reddish with lighter reds and reddish grays because of age.. Her eyes are a violet. She is 2’5” inches tall. She wears a white mid sleeve shirt with a trim at the cuffs. A black corset underneath but over a blackish gray skirt of ankle length.. She wears a white type cap or bonnet and her hair is in a bun at the back of her head.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
http://i.imgur.com/ebtpSdF.png

Written Test!

Granmama Noakes Is Jessamine Noakes Granmama. Her life started a long time ago in a small village.. Her family was what would be termed flat-foot Halflings as the lifestyle was more laid back and sedentary. She grew up learning the skills of caring for a home and husband s that n time she could be a good wife. She learned skills like sewing, cooking and baking as well as skills to aid in relaxing such as scents, massages, hot, salt water soaks as well as basics in medical care like tending wounds and cuts as well as basic stitching of deeper and wider wounds. She would work as a midwife with deliveries as well after she got older.

Granmama met the love of her life when a passing Caravan stopped on its way through. There was this one handsome blue eyed devil who caught her eye.. She found him trying to still one of her fresh baked apple pes from her sill. She rapped his knuckles so hard he yelped. She then went on to ask him where his manners was and did he not know it was more polite to ask then to take. Well one thing led to another and after about a year they was wed.. Jess’s father and Aunt were born that spring..of course her son carried on the trait for the red hair as he was a handsome one with the thickest red hair. The little girl though had the richest brown hair and chocolate eyes.

Granmama traveled with the caravan for several years when the babies were still young but then Granpapa got where him and the Cilpen had a falling out so they moved back to Granmama’s village and her old farm. Granpapa took up farming which he taught to Jess and Granmama went back to baking and such.

Granmama though was heartbroken when years later she heard from the caravan that her son was to join them as Granpapa only male heir he was inline to marry the Cilpen’s daughter. Granmama only then found out what the argument was over and how he had gave up everything to avoid the tradition.. Looks like he failed.. At 15 her son left and married the girl.. Within the year Jessamine was born.

Her greatest joys though was when Jessamine stayed with her. She loved to teach Jess what she knew like cooking and massage. But the goods above evidently didn’t think Jess a worthy one for sewing though as every time Granmama would try to teach her she would botch it up badly. Her stitches was so uneven Granmama would have to rip it out and redo the whole dress herself. She didn’t mind though, it helped her relax. She would sit and sew while her Jess would sing for her, ah such a voice.

After Jessamine left granmama cared for and looked after granpapa. He wouldn’t say anything but his age was catching up too him and the physical labor was getting harder for him. The last few months he just stayed and cuddled to Granmama, the fields went untended, they sold all but one cow, the chickens and the mule.. Granmama stayed with him and did what she could.. He was happy when he passed.. He just wanted Granmama to go to where she would be cared for. He wrote a letter and sealed it asking her to take it to Jessamine who seemed to have found a good life, he also told her not to cry for him as they would again be together when the time came, just be happy, love and have fun. He would always be with her. He then kissed her gently and as they slept he passed on.

Now Granmama has made her way to Althera to find Jess and deliver her wedding dress and letter in person. To again be reunited with her granddaughter and her granddaughter best friend Kaylessa. Also to meet this one who has won her darling grandchild’s heart. Hopefully he is worthy of her.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Apologies for the late response. There are a few outstanding issues to be addressed with your application, mainly pertaining to your written test.

The most prevalent issue is the spelling, syntax and grammar errors in the article. I'd ask that you proofread and edit your test for resubmission, as in its current state, I'm afraid it does not meet HollowWorld's standards.

Secondly, I'm afraid that violet eyes are not available to a halfling character. On HollowWorld we prefer that irises take on standard, human variations of colour unless the race or species lore states otherwise.

However, the rest of your application is aptly done. I'll keep an eye on this application, and it will remain as pending until I am satisfied with the changes made. Thanks.

TeakGem

Loyal Servant of Altera
Alright, not sure if this is much better as I do have some trouble with writing due to.. personal reasoning that I'd rather not mention. Also in another note, I will change her Eye color to blue as soon as possible but as it is Christmas it probably won't be today, rather it will be tomorrow most likely.

Granny Noakes is Jessamine Noakes’ Granmama. Her life started a long time ago in a small village... Her family was what would be termed as flat-foot Halflings as the lifestyle was more laid back and sedentary. She grew up learning how to care for a home and a husband so that in time she could be a good wife. She learned skills like sewing, cooking and baking as well as ways to aid in relaxing such as scents, massages, salt water soaks as well as basics in medical care like tending wounds and cuts as well as basic stitching of deeper and wider wounds. She would work as a midwife with deliveries as well after she got older.

Granmama met the love of her life when a passing Caravan stopped on its way through. There was this one handsome blue eyed devil who caught her eye.. She found him trying to steal one of her fresh baked apple pies from her window sill. She rapped his knuckles so hard with a wooden spoon he yelped. She then went on to ask him where his manners were and scolded him about asking before taking. One thing led to another and after about a year they were wed.. Jess’s father and Aunt were born that spring. Of course, her son carried on the trait for the red hair and he was a handsome one with the thickest red hair. The little girl had the richest brown hair and chocolate eyes.

Granmama traveled with the caravan for several years when the babies were still young but then Granpapa got to where him and the Cilpen had a falling out, so they moved back to Granmama’s village and ran her old farm. Granpapa took up farming and Granmama went back to baking and such.

Granmama years later she heard from the caravan that her son was to join and marry the Cilpen’s daughter. He was the only male heir and Granmama only then found out what the argument was over and how Granpapa had given up everything to avoid the tradition.. Looks like he failed.. At 15 her son left and married the girl.. Within a year Jessamine was born.

Her greatest joys were when Jessamine stayed with her. She loved to teach Jess what she knew, like cooking and how to massage. But the gods above evidently didn’t think Jess a worthy one for sewing though, as every time Granmama would try to teach her she would botch it badly. Her stitches were so uneven that Granmama would have to rip it out and redo the whole piece herself. She didn’t mind though, it helped her relax. She would sit and sew while Jess would sing for her, such a voice she has.

After Jessamine left, Granmama cared for and looked after Granpapa. He wouldn’t say anything but his age was catching up to him and the physical labor was getting harder. The last few months he just stayed and cuddled Granmama, the fields went untended, they simply sold everything but one cow, the chickens and the mule.. Granmama stayed with him and did what she could.. He was happy when he passed.. He just wanted Granmama to go to where she would be cared for. He wrote a letter and sealed it asking her to take it to Jessamine who seemed to have found a good life, he also told her not to cry for him as they would be together again when the time came, just be happy. Live and love was a motto he lived by. He would always be with her. He then kissed her gently and as they slept he passed away.

Now Granmama has made her way to Altera to find Jess and deliver her the letter in person, to again be reunited with her granddaughter. Also to meet this one who has won her darling grandchild’s heart. Hopefully he is worthy of her.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Apologies it took so long for me to get back to you.

With regards to the new test, it looks splendid. Thank you for making the revisals requested.

Congratulations, TeakGem !

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay on Hollowworld. Before logging on, make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our world, Altera. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two or ask one of our Mentors for help if you have any questions about how things work.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, and if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (These are very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook
Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for them.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.