Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Living Ghost - Application [Approved - Bellonthewise]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
1. What is your minecraft username?
My minecraft username is L1v1ng_Gh0st
2. How old are you?
3. What gender are you?
Male

4. What country do you live in?
England
5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
Yes, I have already read the survival guide and agree with it
5b.Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
Yes, I agree to read both
6.Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
As the name suggests, I am a living ghost, part alive, part dead. I used to have a simple life. I had a home and a job as a knight sworn to fight for the House of Ether. However, in a twist of fate the house became rivalled with another, causing an epic battle to commence, which, in the end, we ultimately lost. After being killed in battle, a dark sorceror named Quinthar created a ritual in which ghosts could walk through a portal back to the mortal world. I was the first, and last, ghost to come through, as I was only half way through the portal when the ritual was interupted by the knights of the land. The sorceror was killed (but not before killing many heroes) and I was left to force my way out of the portal. Having failed the ritual, my essence was both of this world, and the afterlife, and I had previously thought I must seek vengence on the house that had rivalled mine. Although, I never held a grudge against them; they had their reasons to fight us, and the better house won, so I decided to venture across the lands to find a way to make me completely human. On my travels, I came across an old and frail witch, who after telling her my story agreed to help me become whole again. Alas, I was betrayed. Her intentions were to steal the essence of my living half so she could be young again and I would be whole in the afterlife. Before she had drained the life from me, I used what power I had left as a ghost to reach inside her and crush her heart in the palm of my hand, thus restoring me to my previous state and killing her in the process. However, I was weak, and quickly passed out on the nearby coast of the realm which I used to visit in my previous life. This is where I have got to in my story, as I awake in a temple, fully healed, still half in this world and the next, and not knowing what to do with my life. This will be my third chance at life again...

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.
Well, I obviously like gaming, and from what others tell me I am an all round nice person, unless someone does something that changes that (e.g. griefing my creations) then I would be merciless. There isn't much I can say about my character without it sounding like I'm boasting about myself, but I am creative, and like to create something just so I can marvel at it when it is done. I would like to be a part of the community because I like the feel of my character being mysterious, giving people that pass me on their travels a sense of both fear, and curiosity in why I am like the way I am. As I said before, I like to be creative, so I wouldn't just have my character to offer to the server, but buildings as well. I also can immerse myself in the fantasy of it all, so that when speaking to others I would be speaking through my character so that it wouldn't ruin the feel of the server.
8.Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
I have no examples of my previous work, because what I had created was on servers, but in the past I have created towers, castles, sculptures (like a giant tree) and general houses.

9.Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
If I am griefed, I hope the server can both stop the person who did it and restore what they griefed to its former glory.

10.Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes.

11. How did you find out about our server?
When searching for 24/7 servers, I found this on a minecraft server list

12. Have you voted for us?
I have tried to vote, but it didnt work

your backstory was really original, but I would go into more detail, like how you died, how you lived before you died or what your plans are now that your back into the mortal world

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
I understand Assassin, and I have no improvements to say for your thread. Although, I'm not an admin, so I don't know if it will need improvement or not

Thanks ghost, and I think your creative enough to be able contribute to this server, personally if I was admin I would accept you application:)

I also like your thing "I came here to haunt the plains of the living and drink milk...
And I've just finished my milk" that made me laugh :D

well it's original, I couldnt think of anything that was original so I went with what I know best, I mean these people have probably seen every idea under the sun

Spiro

Hollows Explorer
Seems good but can you add the questions themselves and make them bold so they are distinctive :)

Bellon the Wise

Survivor of Five Rivers
Very interesting story... I would look through our lore to figure out what you can play.

I want to apologize to you for us taking so long to respond to your application. I'm on vacation and just got back to my hotel after a wonderful day of seeing friends and eating.... lots and LOTS of food.

I would also like to comment you on being so kind to other applicants. Please do well in game and follow the rules.

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Status
Not open for further replies.