Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Town Plans/Thoughts and Questions

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
Hi, it's another thread about my town proposal. But this one is more interactive, and I would like you all to share your ideas... (and money) to make this town good. If you have an idea that would benefit the town, share it! It could be bad, good or just plain rubbish, I will listen to it. Anyway, on with the show.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
Initial Thoughts

Elemental Magi
Unity
Castle half magic-looking, half ordinary, blended.
Chambers for each element... air, fire, water and earth.
This is not going to be like Uthrandir! Even though it has magic. I intend to be completely different.
Sprawling, twisty, natural-looking paths.
New members can choose an element, or be chosen for when they join.

Any thoughts, please post!

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
suggest picking an idea and sticking to it, yesterday it was an english town today it's completely different. You wont' attract investors if you aren't hard set in your intentions. This is one of the reasons so many towns fail.

Before anything you should try to tie this into Altera lore in some way.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
I know... I just realised last night that my current idea was going nowhere. I'll be sticking to this like glue.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
I've even come up with an emblem!
2011-12-21_11.16.38.png

It shows how everything is interlocking and balanced.
Red - Fire
White - Air
Blue - Water
Green - Earth
Gold - Light/Order
Grey/Black - Chaos

Every element has some order and chaos in it, and each element cannot survive without others.
Fire cannot burn without air.
Nature cannot blossom without air or water.
Water is independent.
So is air.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
To mind you, I have plans to create a sanctuary for Mother, Keeper of the Elemental Planes and Protector of nature. (Explanation of Mother and the sanctuary is coming end of this week) Seeing as your ideas for an elemental based town crosses mine, I hope you realise that this might be not the best and/or orginal plan for your own town. I'm not saying that you are not allowed to build anything along these lines - I actually give you my blessing.. But I hope you realise that you will have to have a very structured plan for this sketches before I suggest you to realise it in Altera.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
To mind you, I have plans to create a sanctuary for Mother, Keeper of the Elemental Planes and Protector of nature. (Explanation of Mother and the sanctuary is coming end of this week) Seeing as your ideas for an elemental based town crosses mine, I hope you realise that this might be not the best and/or orginal plan for your own town. I'm not saying that you are not allowed to build anything along these lines - I actually give you my blessing.. But I hope you realise that you will have to have a very structured plan for this sketches before I suggest you to realise it in Altera.
We could make an allegience, as both being different factions of the Elemental Order.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
So then two can survive without the others...
Yes, but what would they do without keeping the others alive? For example, in a human pyramid. The pepole at the bottom would survive on their own, but they are still key to the balance. If you had too many, it would become the wrong shape and hard to correograph. But if there were not enough, the whole lot would collapse. This is why they are crucial, even though they could survive without others, they would be useless without something to support.

Auxilium

Cobblestone King
or combine them into one town and double your chances of survival :)
Thank you for your concerns Halfmad, and I will think about it, though I have already a few dedicated people who
are backing me up, and I won't start it until I have fully perfected everything. :9

However Andy, the problem I am seeing is that my town is primarly made for elemental beings, as in, no humans
(they are allowed, but with discretion). It is going to be hard to combine my idea's with yours, though I am open for them.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Just a point to both of you - Altera Lore dramatically increases your chances of attracting residents. Most of the oldest towns embrace it somehow, otherwise you have to be very eager to recruit people in order to keep the town alive.

People want to feel attached and involved in the server so avoiding the lore does hurt your town and of course make it a target for those lore-loyal towns ;)

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
Yeah, we'd have to work around that. And the lore is the background story right?

Though i still think, as yours is similar to, but different from mine, that we could create the Elemental Order - or something to that effect... and both be factions of it.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
The lore is what everything is based on, which is why ignoring it tends to hurt the town. Even the ranks of the moderators are tied into it and entire towns and soon nations will be devoted to the lore (such as the Dominion of Cimmeria).

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
I'm working on tying it into the lore, what about a city lost for generations, its past life devoted to Thyrien, the god of balance? Rediscovered by a small band of elemental wizards not so many years ago and blossomed into the city known today?

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Incorporate it however you'd like Andy, that does seem like a good idea though. More you do it the more people will be interested, especially those who have RP profiles in the roleplay section which are tied to the Gods of Altera.

AndyMossers

Lord of Altera
Yeah. I'm pretty good at ideas, it's just organising them and and concentrating on one aspect I'm not good at! I tend to just have a bit piece of paper and just write everything at once, get confused and stop. I'm trying to focus on one thing at a time now though.