Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Trial of Darko Tideborne [Normal]

Darko

Lord of Altera
Except the only boats Darko would have pirated would be Arcturus, and Darko himself would rarely go out on a raid himself. Why risk it? Best just live of the fortune Sally left him.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
The trial should only be on crimes against Port Silver, not some foreign empire. They have to deal with their own criminals. Only crimes associated with the trade, people, and law of Port Silver should be tried. On top of that, they had to be committed on Port Silver grounds, or else it's not the Chevaliers jurisdiction. Or at least that's how I understand it...

So we let Darko count the crimes that fit into those requirements, and that's what he'll have to deal with at the trial. If they are presented. So potentially yes. Yes, wiggling out of crimes.

Evan1114

Lord of Altera
I'm pretty sure Jeff has been involved in some of Darko's crimes.. But.. He's been dealing with insanity for a while.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
The trial should only be on crimes against Port Silver, not some foreign empire. They have to deal with their own criminals. Only crimes associated with the trade, people, and law of Port Silver should be tried. On top of that, they had to be committed on Port Silver grounds, or else it's not the Chevaliers jurisdiction. Or at least that's how I understand it...

So we let Darko count the crimes that fit into those requirements, and that's what he'll have to deal with at the trial. If they are presented. So potentially yes. Yes, wiggling out of crimes.
We'd have to ask the Chevaliers for that, because I am aware that gods probably don't care where you are when you commit a crime against them, they want you punished all the same. Blarghrghurghergh?

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
If the Chevaliers punish him for crimes commited outside of Port Silver then they are basically claiming they have jurisdiction wherever said crime was commited.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
If the Chevaliers punish him for crimes commited outside of Port Silver then they are basically claiming they have jurisdiction wherever said crime was commited.
They may argue it is the divines that have this jurisdiction, not themselves; they are carrying out their orders.

Helios

Legend of Altera
Theodora did show up after my punishment, I think that's enough agreement seeing as she did not like rip us apart or something along those lines.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
The Greyling steps forwards with an extensive list of crimes, witnesses listed, that have occurred within Port Silver:

Attempted murder 1, against the Greyling. A crossbow was wound up then shot. Witnesses: Scardrac, others who I forget.
Attempted murder 2, against the Greyling. A sword was drawn, and brandished threateningly, stopped by Scardrac. Witnesses: Scardrac, others who I forget.
Disrupting public order. Shouting at the Greyling, threatening and brandishing weapons, without the intent to kill. Witnesses: Scardrac, others who I forget.