Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Trials of a dwarven slave.

grrmoo

Villager
thanks, and the story is going great! im really enjoying reading this! to be honest i havent read a book in a long time and i really should, i used to read a lot so i can telll when someones a good writer, and this my friend is wonderfull, dont give up on what you've started! in fact im sure you could write a book if you put as much dedication into it!

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Really? Well, just so you know Ive been considering it (sort of)

Its just, I'm REALLY good in smaller doses, but I have trouble filling in the blank spots. I suppose if I devoted time to it I could attempt it....Ah, well, maybe this weekend I'll work some of it out.

grrmoo

Villager
cool, i cant wait to see, maybe you could do a diary kind of tihng only outlining the important events but putting in lots of details
ps: you should put in something between the points of meeting aaron and aaron growing onto him because we dont know what his first impression was

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 25 of Freedom

Strolling along the pathway, I hum a shanty about a tipsy dragon. 4 brightly colored packages are under my arm, and there is a parcel of silver in my pocket. The gifts were cheaper than expected, and I am pleased at the deals I got. Taking a luxurious deep breath of the wood air, I start up a nonsene shanty.

I once knew a man from Kalamutt
His beard as white as snow
He burned his hand upon a flame
And left a candle glow.

He could not drink
For fear of death
From his tyrant wife
He ran away from town that day
Running for his life

When came to pass his shoe did break
He stumbled and he fell
When he looked up he saw that he
Had stumbled into...

I stop in the middle of the path. Something is wrong. I feel it. In the air. On the leaves. Rustling through the trees. They whisper of pain. Grief. Death. I drop everything and run to down the path. Branches whip me as they go by, briars claw at me, but it does not matter. Run, Run, Run. I fly through the forest, a hawk on the wing. Run, Run, Run. Don't stop, don't stop, must get back to Aaron. Run, Run, Run. Surely there is nothing wrong, I'll arrive back at the cottage and Aaron will laugh at me for my worry, reassuring me and saying how everything is fine...

Smoke.

The cottage in ruins, flames poking their greedy heads through gaps.

Aaron's body, draped over a rock, blood running down its face like tears in a storm.

...hell.

Koerhuisje

Moderating the herps & derps
koerhuisje
koerhuisje
grrmoo, its just a matter of time before u'll get a notification about it, its not here where u should ask.
Patience will be rewarded :D

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 25 of Freedom...Day 1 of Vengeance

A spark. Lazily it drifts, landing on the ground, and winking out of time, out of existence. Perhaps it never was, only thought to have been. I watch as the flames climb higher around Aarons body in the funeral pyre I made. The man who was my friend, my only friend. The one who cared for me. Never have I felt so lost. To lose him....should I go on? What could await for me in the future? I have nothing to live for. My time has come and gone, and I am a ghost. The next world awaits.​

Where is my flail? I cast about for it, seeking to end myself. My hands bump into something. Its a paper. In elvish tongue. Using my rudimentary knowledge of their language, I read it slowly.

We will find you slave. There is nowhere you can run, nowhere you can hide. You took from us, now we take from you. He was only the first, and many are to follow. We hope you suffer.

...Silence. My heart pounds. Then...slowly....ever so slowly....the flame starts again. Stronger this time. All consuming. I feel the hatred blossom, feel its force. It builds up, until I scream, a terrible broken scream of a madman. I still have purpose left in this world. It is beaten into my heart like a hammer hit it there. I will be avenged.

My hands begin to burn.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Just so you know, Bassa was in a state of shock when he found Aaron, so he didnt immediatly think to go after th drow

( yes, his name is Bassa)

R

Rosharas

Totally approved for rp if you didn't guess already. :) I love the story so far, and its a fresh take on the relations between dwarves and elves.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 5 of Vengeance

Thump thump thump. My feet burrow into the ground. Thump thump thump. Keeping time with my beating heart. Thump thump thump. Hunting for the ones. Thump thump thump. The ones who took my life, my body, and my friend. Thump thump thump. I will be avenged. Thump thump thump. I will not stop. Thump thump thump. I will not wait. Thump thump thump. I will not hide. Thump thump thump. Fire and death will rain on them, my wrath an inferno, my pain a buring brand upon their bodies. None shall escape. I will make sure of it. Can you hear me? I am Death. I am Coming.

Thump thump thump

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 12 of Vengeance

Memories. They are a pain as acute as my scars. Standing beside a fir, I look down onto the remains of the slave camp that once held me. Deserted. Tents and poles are scattered everywhere, while the slave cages stand empty. Where have they gone? What will I do if I cannot find them? I try to puzzle this out, but a sound interrupts me. A trio of drunken drow stumble into my view, singing raucously. Apparently there was a party last night. I grin grimly as I head for them.

I stop a few meters in front of them, my hand resting on my flail. Slowly they notice me, swaying slightly like trees in the wind.
"Whatcha doin', dwawf? Getsh ya back to you cagesh."
I look on him with contempt, stifling my anger so I can respond.
"Where did the rest of the camp go?"
"Out huntin' that there dwawf. Now away wish you, 'fore I whip ye."
I would have whacked him then, if I didn't need to know what he knew.
"What direction? Where are they looking?"
The elf stares at me blindly, with his mouth open and drool coming down his chin.
"Waiiiiit....I knowsh you. You're...you're that dwawf!"
Apparently he has to pause to process this. Then, a light comes on in his eyes.
"Get 'im, boysh!!!"
He charges for me, a blundering drunken bull. I smack him on the side of the head and turn to the other two. The taller one pulls out his sword, and tries to get a swing off. I dodge, grab his sword hand, and twist hard. His bone cracks like a whip, and he screams. I step on the bone, break it off, and jam it in his neck. He's down. The third one comes at me almost immediatly, swinging wildly. I dodge and parry, then get my flail out. A blow on his hand causes him to drop the sword, then a blow to the stomach bends him over, I proptly smash my flail handle onto his head. The crunch almost echoes through the camp.

There I stand, two dead elves at my feet. I drag the surviving one up to me. Pleasantries are done.
"Where are the elves!"
He just hangs there, looking at his dead comrades. I ask him again, and threaten him that I will do worse. He looks back at me with tears in his eyes.
"I don't knowsh! There went out westsh, near Northwindsh!"
I look at him with digust, then bring my arm back all the way...but wait. If I killed him, I would be no better than they. At least I can spare one life along my quest, and a part of my soul will be left untarnished. My arm slowly sinks back to my side. The elf looks at me, pleading me with his eyes.
"Go. Run away, and never come back."
He bolts off, and I am left to ponder these new developments

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 22 of Vengeance

A simple town. Humans peasants going about their day to day lives, scurrying like rats for what they have. This will be the third town I have checked for the elves, no sightings of them thus far. It seems they have vanished into the air, dragons on the wing. I walk towards the inn to inquire.

A smoky, dirty room greets my eyes. Candles sputter in the darkness, while a few drunkards lie around in a pool of their own fluids. What a disgusting bunsh they are. I near the innkeeper, who backs off a step at the sight of me, suspicion in his eyes.
"Wha' are ye doin' 'ere? Ye don belong in this town, dwarf."
I look at him with icy, level eyes.
"I'm looking for a party of drow. Have any passed their way through here recently?"
"Go on about your business, I don know what your talkin about."
I consider scaring him, then go for a more peaceful tactic.
"I see. Perhaps I can persuade you."
A large coin thunks down on the bar. The innkeeper looks at it craftily.
"Weeeeel now, I think I did hear bought some Dark elfs comin' here some time ago."
"Where?"
"Up near the glacier, bought 20 miles northward."
"How many?"
The innkeeper looks at me again, a greedy glint in his eyes.
"I'm sorry, but I've dun near forgotten. Have any more coins, to jog the old memrie?"
I look at him in contempt, then snatch the front of his shirt and pull him close to my face.
"I'm not going to ask again. How many are there!"
He looks frightened now, and the babble that pours out is barely discernible.
"Looked like 300 of em sir, please don't 'urt me, had some horses too, I think sir, only maybe they was dogs. I'm sorry sir, did'nt mean anything. A good coin is rare in these here parts. Please, don kill me....."
I cut him off with a growl, then shove him back over the counter.
"Very well. I'll be off."
He stares at he as I shoulder my way out into the cold, a winter storm in the coming.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 26 of Vengeance

The snow drifts past me, a whispering, frozen ballet. The snow swirls about me, like a vortex, attracted and repulsed by me. I step theough the drifts, trudging up to the glacier. The cold is harsh, but I do not notice. I can feel it. The draw. The attraction. The fate. My vengeance will soon be complete. I will have it, and that is all that matters. What happens after, I cannot say. The sun and moon will continue in their dance above the sky, frolicking in the expanse of space. Perhaps I will join them. I cannot say.

Up ahead. Shapes in the darkness, shouting to one another, searching for me. My prey. I have sought them out, not the other way around. I will perform my last dance, a dedication to my life, my love, my friend who died. This is the end, and I will make it such an end as to be worthy of rememberance in the hearts and mind of warriors forever.

The flail comes into my hands, cold as a blizzard, as I begin to run to my fate, a smile on my face.

Moochick

The Very Best, That No One Ever Was
Oooooo, The description of the fighting sends chills down my back and I love it.
*shivers* the accents... (sorry I just have really bad memories of people trying to write accents in Chrono Cross, 46 characters... 46 different accents. It was horrible man! Horrible!)
I really love the diary style you chose for this, it's really fitting.
Keep it up! >_<

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
wow, 330 views, thanks for making me so popular guys!
Ill resume this in 2 and a half weeks when I get back!
(November 10th, I think)

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Day 27 of Vengeance

Blood like rain. Dodge. Move. Turn. Attack. Smash. Leap. Impale. Kill...kill...kill...KILL!
I move through my enemies like water through a river, a ghost in the winter storm. Swinging, hitting, killing, a madman with nothing left, but killing; killing; killing. I swing my flail across one elf, destroying half his head. I swivel on one foot, tripping one elf and punching another in his collarbone. It cracks like a whip, and I grab his sword, and run it through the next elf who comes at me. I bob and weave away, taking elves out as I go. A smash to the groin, to the chest, to the head. They fall as leaves before a storm. I notice not the cuts and wounds they inflict. This is it. The end. I will slake my thirst for their blood forever. Jump, kick, smash, kill, kill, KILL!