Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Unease

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I must say, As much as I dont mind the sudden change, I feel like this event was Very underwhelming from a reviewers standpoint.

A couple questions answered, something about praying and done, with over a month of hype it was very disappointing.

But I have not lost faith yet!
Kinda regretting waking up so early, but i have pizza and garlic bread for breakfast. Soooo...

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Dotted around the Cathedral, and filling a small bowl on the counter at the Crossroads, are small, tightly rolled scrolls. The wax seal is dark teal and stamped with a stylised eye. If one were to break the seal and unravel the scroll, it would read as follows.

Divine events falling on Fireday, 13th of Lightshine, 2260 - Season of Birth
The cathedral was alive with movement and conversation, filled as it was with people from all over the Kingdoms. I had expected it to be busy, what with the unusually large amount of travellers and pilgrims on the roads heading here, but what I saw made my heart sink. Queens and nobles gathered with farmers, cutthroats and beggars to beseech the gods, and I could not help but be reminded of the way in which a wolf may run with a deer to escape a forest fire.

I made my way through the throng and found a friendly face. Together we watched the milling crowds. The cathedral continued to fill with more road-weary travellers, and it was as it was reaching its capacity that the Scholar Silas made an appearance, walking from his shrine. The following is a rough copying of what was said during his visit, from the memory of a bystander.

I am in a terrible hurry, but I know you are all wanting answers…

Silas appears uncomfortable and timid. He is crowded by onlookers.
… No questions? Well uh-
A lady interjects, saying that she has a question, and asking why Silas looks so uncomfortable.
There have been some issues… lately… Gods… tend to fight over quite a lot.
He is promptly bombarded by questions, many relating to the erratic weather.
Oh goodness… Uhm. These storms yes… the problem lies in our presence here, in your realm. We’ve been here far too much, influencing too much. We are currently struggling over a choice, that influences both us and your realm, and the… erm, discussions of such have been the cause of this… weather concern.
On being asked about the nature of the important choice:
Ah, my apologies… It is the choice whether to stay in your realm, or leave. Staying here drains our power, heavily so. Yes, praying still works. I am terribly sorry of the events that have damaged your lands, lives, and livelihoods. It is surely dreadful, and I assure you, some of us did not want this to happen. Your support and worship; praise - it does bring us power, but it’s not enough to replace what we lose. We lose our strength, and could possibly lose our lives. The ones that want to stay think that they can receive enough prayers to offset the loss, and that they will maintain their influence in the affairs of mortals.
A babble ebbs and flows at the end of each of his sentences. The crowd pushes in somewhat, and the question of the death of a God.
If some of the Gods lose power, they dissipate and fade… leaving others to their power, and of course, other things to take care of. Some of the Gods believe they will not fall if they stay. Some want to… cause as much trouble as they can. Some simply do not care.
He is asked if there is any chance of the Gods returning, if they do indeed leave.
Possibly, but if one were to return, then we all would. It is all or nothing. If we were to return, it would most likely resort to this again; our bickering affecting your world in very negative ways. The disadvantage to leaving is that we would no longer be able to directly influence your world. So I’m afraid we would not be able to guard the Crossroads. Our indirect influence would be acting through… priests, and such… as we had in the past… or well. The other Gods.
It is at this point that the Huntress Theodra joins the crowd. She acts furtively, cautious and ever alert.
Silas, you tarry too long!
Ah, you are right… (To the crowd.) I am sorry I was not able to answer all of your questions.
The others, they will come.
I must go, I am sorry. I have already spent too much time here.
Silas disappears, small wisps of azure smoke drift from where he stood. Theodra immediately moves to the Protector Rahas’ shrine. She stands sentinel, and address those gathered;
Beseech your Gods… Beg them to take the path of wisdom.
And with that, she too vanishes.

Last edited:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
As a heathen I find this very hilarious

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
I must say, As much as I dont mind the sudden change, I feel like this event was Very underwhelming from a reviewers standpoint.

A couple questions answered, something about praying and done, with over a month of hype it was very disappointing.

But I have not lost faith yet!
It's pretty much the same for me. From what I saw the most exciting bit of this event was the things the players did in result of the hype (Azerport refugees @Kyle1322 @Balatro @Christimas). But from the actual event side of it it was for me incredibly underwhelming and a let down from what the hype made it out to be. Though the new mechanic of gods slowly leaving is interesting and is sure to make different RP for those who's characters totally rely on them.

Tl:dr - The mechanic is interesting though the presentation of the mechanic is very severely lacking.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
As the waters in the River Tam return to their normal levels, the sewers have started to return to their normal levels and are thus Accessible Again.
Bimhe stares at the sky from the outside porch of the Honey Badger. He watches as people start to head back outside to survey the damage. Many roofs will badly need some new shingles, and some cracks will need to be inspected and filled, but otherwise things appear to be returning back to normal. He then hears the familiar din of hawkers selling their goods on the streets and he knows, that despite all that has happened, things will continue on in Tambry. With that bit of solace, he sits down, lights his pipe and blows a ring of smoke into the air and knows, for now, that the world will keep spinning, gods or no gods.

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Wasn't all the hype player-generated? I mean, Som put up an event thread with a solid premise and interesting weather to react to in RP, but that's all, right? She even hinted that the event itself wouldn't be Altera-breaking.
The event dished out some important information, and felt to me like it was laying the groundwork of greater things to come.
I'd much rather have a chat with the Gods than watch them battle each other for two hours, that's for sure :p

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
As the waters in the River Tam return to their normal levels, the sewers have started to return to their normal levels and are thus Accessible Again.
Bimhe, stares at the sky from the outside porch of the Honey Badger. He watches as people start to head back outside to survey the damage. Many roofs will badly need some new shingles, and some cracks will need to be inspected and filled, but otherwise things appear to be returning back to normal. He then hears the familiar din of hawkers selling their goods on the streets and he knows, that despite all that has happened, things will continue on in Tambry. With that bit of solace, he sits down, lights his pipe and blows a ring of smoke into the air and knows, for now, that the world will keep spinning, gods or no gods.
MY EYES. DEAR GODS MY EYES! D:

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
Dotted around the Cathedral, and filling a small bowl on the counter at the Crossroads, are small, tightly rolled scrolls. The wax seal is dark teal and stamped with a stylised eye. If one were to break the seal and unravel the scroll, it would read as follows.

Divine events falling on Fireday, 13th of Lightshine, 2260 - Season of Birth
The cathedral was alive with movement and conversation, filled as it was with people from all over the Kingdoms. I had expected it to be busy, what with the unusually large amount of travellers and pilgrims on the roads heading here, but what I saw made my heart sink. Queens and nobles gathered with farmers, cutthroats and beggars to beseech the gods, and I could not help but be reminded of the way in which a wolf may run with a deer to escape a forest fire.

I made my way through the throng and found a friendly face. Together we watched the milling crowds. The cathedral continued to fill with more road-weary travellers, and it was as it was reaching its capacity that the Scholar Silas made an appearance, walking from his shrine. The following is a rough copying of what was said during his visit, from the memory of a bystander.

I am in a terrible hurry, but I know you are all wanting answers…
Silas appears uncomfortable and timid. He is crowded by onlookers.
… No questions? Well uh-
A lady interjects, saying that she has a question, and asking why Silas looks so uncomfortable.
There have been some issues… lately… Gods… tend to fight over quite a lot.
He is promptly bombarded by questions, many relating to the erratic weather.
Oh goodness… Uhm. These storms yes… the problem lies in our presence here, in your realm. We’ve been here far too much, influencing too much. We are currently struggling over a choice, that influences both us and your realm, and the… erm, discussions of such have been the cause of this… weather concern.
On being asked about the nature of the important choice:
Ah, my apologies… It is the choice whether to stay in your realm, or leave. Staying here drains our power, heavily so. Yes, praying still works. I am terribly sorry of the events that have damaged your lands, lives, and livelihoods. It is surely dreadful, and I assure you, some of us did not want this to happen. Your support and worship; praise - it does bring us power, but it’s not enough to replace what we lose. We lose our strength, and could possibly lose our lives. The ones that want to stay think that they can receive enough prayers to offset the loss, and that they will maintain their influence in the affairs of mortals.
A babble ebbs and flows at the end of each of his sentences. The crowd pushes in somewhat, and the question of the death of a God.
If some of the Gods lose power, they dissipate and fade… leaving others to their power, and of course, other things to take care of. Some of the Gods believe they will not fall if they stay. Some want to… cause as much trouble as they can. Some simply do not care.
He is asked if there is any chance of the Gods returning, if they do indeed leave.
Possibly, but if one were to return, then we all would. It is all or nothing. If we were to return, it would most likely resort to this again; our bickering affecting your world in very negative ways. The disadvantage to leaving is that we would no longer be able to directly influence your world. So I’m afraid we would not be able to guard the Crossroads. Our indirect influence would be acting through… priests, and such… as we had in the past… or well. The other Gods.
It is at this point that the Huntress Theodra joins the crowd. She acts furtively, cautious and ever alert.
Silas, you tarry too long!
Ah, you are right… (To the crowd.) I am sorry I was not able to answer all of your questions.
The others, they will come.
I must go, I am sorry. I have already spent too much time here.
Silas disappears, small wisps of azure smoke drift from where he stood. Theodra immediately moves to the Protector Rahas’ shrine. She stands sentinel, and address those gathered;
Beseech your Gods… Beg them to take the path of wisdom.
And with that, she too vanishes.
(Can you make an actual prop book of that. I'd buy it from you.

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Wasn't all the hype player-generated? I mean, Som put up an event thread with a solid premise and interesting weather to react to in RP, but that's all, right? She even hinted that the event itself wouldn't be Altera-breaking.
The event dished out some important information, and felt to me like it was laying the groundwork of greater things to come.
I'd much rather have a chat with the Gods than watch them battle each other for two hours, that's for sure :p
The hype is only as big as the thing that caused it, and for crops growing too fast, barely traversable waters, very high and unceasing wind speeds, and all the unnatural things that were happening the event was like I said underwhelming and a let down.

NOTE: If any of these things happened in any IRL setting be it the 1200s or 2000s the most likely reaction would be that the world is ending and for the sum of this reaction in altera the outcome is slightly disappointing.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
The hype is only as big as the thing that caused it, and for crops growing too fast, barely traversable waters, very high and unceasing wind speeds, and all the unnatural things that were happening the event was like I said underwhelming and a let down.

NOTE: If any of these things happened in any IRL setting be it the 1200s or 2000s the most likely reaction would be that the world is ending and for the sum of this reaction in altera the outcome is slightly disappointing.
However, Som's post was meant to cause unease. Unsettling feelings. It was only wind the blowed ceaselessly. Not gales and rainstorms. Money sometimes went missing from pockets. Like, "Oh, I swear I thought I had some radiants." Metal looked a bit tarnished. Crops ripened a bit too quickly, which of everything was the worst set of circumstances. It was players who overplayed something that was supposed to be uneasy feeling, and made it into something catastrophic.

It wasn't underwhelming because, as I saw it, the feeling of dread and unrest led up to pretty big revelation for the world of Altera. Not a world-ending battle like players were trying to hype it up to be.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
As someone who didn't go to the event due to a birthday party, judging from Ced's IC summary, I rather wish I had gone, and look forward to the RP that is sure to come from it.

Balatro

Don't call it a comeback
Retired Staff
However, Som's post was meant to cause unease. Unsettling feelings. It was only wind the blowed ceaselessly. Not gales and rainstorms. Money sometimes went missing from pockets. Like, "Oh, I swear I thought I had some radiants." Metal looked a bit tarnished. Crops ripened a bit too quickly, which of everything was the worst set of circumstances. It was players who overplayed something that was supposed to be uneasy feeling, and made it into something catastrophic.

It wasn't underwhelming because, as I saw it, the feeling of dread and unrest led up to pretty big revelation for the world of Altera. Not a world-ending battle like players were trying to hype it up to be.
Im largely to blame for the hype. I pretty much put like... all the players in scourge's RP's on pause and forced them to go.

I know it wasn't ment to be this big cataclysm. But hey... Who doesn't like a bit of drama, So for that I apologize.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Im largely to blame for the hype. I pretty much put like... all the players in scourge's RP's on pause and forced them to go.

I know it wasn't ment to be this big cataclysm. But hey... Who doesn't like a bit of drama, So for that I apologize.
Player initiatives are the best.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend

It was -way- too fun RPing Rain losing his mind in the Keep. Hurhurhurhuhrur.