Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

| Vyre FAQ |

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
The vyre OP does not clarify that biters are only affected by holy symbols if they are held and can see them. Unless I'm wrong about that.
Weaknesses || Biters feel a sense of loathing and anxiety when within non-Skraag divine grounds that stays with them until they leave. They cannot hold or willingly touch a holy symbol of a deity not Skraag or a deity which has blessed them. They cannot enter non-Skraag holy places such as churches, chapels, cathedrals, and keeps that are within these holy places. These restrictions do not hold true if the Biter is blessed by the deity in question.
Weaknesses || Holy symbols of a deity other than Skraag or one which has blessed them irrationally terrify Biters. They cannot be coerced to step within a meter of such a holy symbol, and seek to get out of this range above all else if it's brought upon them. The presence of one in their vicinity fills them with anxiety and loathing.
Weaknesses || The Biter is now averse to holy symbols within three meters of them, with otherwise the same effect as at Enthralled. Contact with a holy symbol sears their flesh like a hot brand, not igniting it, but the pain of it is felt in full without being diminished by their resistance.
As their bodies grow more decrepit, they are less able to move with the vigor of the living. Mortals have an easy time outrunning a Biter at this stage of infection.

Last edited:

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Do the qualities of a vyre(whether sunblessed or gravekeeper as well), such as color of hair or eyes carry onto a disguised body when using [Skinwalk]? (Visage T4 Spell)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Lover cure
Cure] They must do something to counter the initial method in which they became a Lover at all, an act opposing the emotion that made them. If they hated their sire, they must do something loving, and if love turned them, an act of hatred is their cure. These must be significant and difficult for the character to do - Insults or vocal words of affection are not enough. Almost killing the one you love, embracing the one you hate, sabotaging the works of the one you admire, and so on will be sufficient.
Mechanically how does Lover cure interact when bloodline hopping? Does the lover lose access to this cure? Or does it remain attached to their original sire?

Is this cure meant to require an interaction with a sire, Or is it just general Doing something out of character (as in- Not the norm IC) toward significant people will cure you sort of deal?

there's a bit of confusion on my part but I will say I like the change. I just want to fully /get/ it.

Last edited:

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Can a daywalker depend on artificial light, IE: The Nether's?

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
[Cure] They must do something to counter the initial method in which they became a Lover at all, an act opposing the emotion that made them. If they hated their sire, they must do something loving, and if love turned them, an act of hatred is their cure. These must be significant and difficult for the character to do - Insults or vocal words of affection are not enough. Almost killing the one you love, embracing the one you hate, sabotaging the works of the one you admire, and so on will be sufficient.

Frons touched on this so I'm unsure if this was answered but I similarly and wondering if the act has to specifically be related to their sire or not, also the two options being love/hate is that already decided by how you turned?

Ex. if turned by hate, could the whole violence against someone else you love, still work or does it have to be embracing your sire

AbsentUser

Legend of Altera
Hero
Retired Staff
AbsentUser
AbsentUser
Hero
-Do Noble Vyre feedings cause a feral vyre infection?

-How is chain size calculated? Say A infects B, B infects C. Are all members then part of a chain of three?

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero

-How is chain size calculated? Say A infects B, B infects C. Are all members then part of a chain of three?
- No, they do not! The only way for a person to be turned into a noble vyre is stated in its respective section on the thread. (even if they were to go feral under a blood moon or something, everyone they turn will be a feral vyre, not a noble.)

- Chain size can be calculated in two ways! The first one is the way you're describing, but i am not the best one to speak on this question

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Answering these:

Do the qualities of a vyre(whether sunblessed or gravekeeper as well), such as color of hair or eyes carry onto a disguised body when using [Skinwalk]? (Visage T4 Spell)
Yes. I imagine T4 can also mimic the red-eyes/appearance of a Vyre.

Lover cure

Mechanically how does Lover cure interact when bloodline hopping? Does the lover lose access to this cure? Or does it remain attached to their original sire?

Is this cure meant to require an interaction with a sire, Or is it just general Doing something out of character (as in- Not the norm IC) toward significant people will cure you sort of deal?

there's a bit of confusion on my part but I will say I like the change. I just want to fully /get/ it.

There shouldn't be any bloodline hopping with the new updates. One remains a Lover at the start and end of their journey. The interaction must be with the Sire- how one turned into a Lover Vyre in the first place.

Can a daywalker depend on artificial light, IE: The Nether's?
No

[Cure] They must do something to counter the initial method in which they became a Lover at all, an act opposing the emotion that made them. If they hated their sire, they must do something loving, and if love turned them, an act of hatred is their cure. These must be significant and difficult for the character to do - Insults or vocal words of affection are not enough. Almost killing the one you love, embracing the one you hate, sabotaging the works of the one you admire, and so on will be sufficient.

Frons touched on this so I'm unsure if this was answered but I similarly and wondering if the act has to specifically be related to their sire or not, also the two options being love/hate is that already decided by how you turned?

Ex. if turned by hate, could the whole violence against someone else you love, still work or does it have to be embracing your sire
Yes, it's decided by how you turned. The cure is an attempt to reverse that will power that initially forced one to be a Vyre.

Galaxy's responses are correct.

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Yes, it's decided by how you turned. The cure is an attempt to reverse that will power that initially forced one to be a Vyre.

This answers most of what I need but I jsut want to clarify the 'yes' also answers the fact that it has to be the one that turned them that the act is performed on

Edit: Nevermind I think I know the answer as a vyre can't hurt it's sire so it wouldn't be able to injure them if turned by love for example

Last edited:

Arget Istalri

Legend of Altera
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
ArgetIstalri
ArgetIstalri
Merchant
If a noble starves to the point of being feral, does their feeding on another character turn that character feral?

Arget Istalri

Legend of Altera
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
ArgetIstalri
ArgetIstalri
Merchant
Under the Vyre page for Lover infection, it lists this as a possible method of infection. I've heard some people say a Lover still needs to be the subject of the emotion, and I've heard others interpret it as just needing to feel such a strong emotion to turn, regardless of if a Lover is there. IE; spontaneous turning. Which is it?
Note: Optionally, you may roll a d100 if in a state of extreme hatred or love (it should be significant) and if it is 1-10, you can become a Lover Vyre.

Kostadim

Lord of Altera
Patron
Kostadim
Kostadim
Patron
Under the Vyre page for Lover infection, it lists this as a possible method of infection. I've heard some people say a Lover still needs to be the subject of the emotion, and I've heard others interpret it as just needing to feel such a strong emotion to turn, regardless of if a Lover is there. IE; spontaneous turning. Which is it?
In this context this has nothing to do with a vyre. This is a character being in such a deep void of emotion that they independently become a vyre through it.