Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

What Comes Next

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Sad news. Although I don't do much RP I still find Hollowworld a place I can go to get away from the pressures of the real world and relax.
Just like Shalherana, we were here first and shall be here last.
the legend himself

Celestea

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Celestea
Celestea
Mystic
Thanks to all of the wonderful people I've had the opportunity to meet, friend, and have fun with these past few years. I wish everyone the best and to not be a stranger. :heart:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Well, like Legion mentioned above, what a time to come back for a lurk! While it's deeply sad this place is coming to an end, what a run we've all had! It's also lovely to see a lot of familiar names posting.

This place has always meant so much to me, and it's no exaggeration to say I wouldn't be the same person today without you all. Also so nostalgic to read the stories people mentioned, as well as some of the screenshots posted!

As BLarg (hello brother long time no chat :heart:), collaborative storytelling is not dead, even if HW is. I, too, expect to see you all doing great things, now and in the future. Even after I left HW, collaborative storytelling has always been a rock in my life.

My advice to you all is to take what you've learned here and do something with it. Remember though, above all, be kind. Staff here (and facilitators of most places we love) are volunteers. Your words, even if they come from the right place, can be extremely hurtful.

Guys, feel free to reach out any time on my insta (just_diarmuid), or my email ( c.diarmuid@zoho.com )

Is mise le meas,

Diarmuid

-K9 ( had to throw this in for old times sake)

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
Writing this farewell has been a bit challenging for me.

I've been a part of this community since 2014, starting during the difficult last year of high school. There were breaks, like when my mother passed away, and now I'm here caring for my father in his final days.

I admit I've been awkward at times, and HW became a significant social outlet for me. Looking back, I don't regret it. I returned during the Aldred campaign, which turned out to be a lot of fun and solidified my comeback. I enjoyed meeting new characters and helping players settle into this world.

Over the years, I've seen many changes that I believe ultimately benefited us. There were lessons learned on what works and what doesn't for HW.

My RP journey began with Forest Rose, though I doubt either of us remembers the character. My first factions were Aeyeras (Hawklight) and Azerwind (Tybalt) on the old map.

One of my most memorable RP experiences was with BrianAT16. Frost's encounter with Morna through Lilith Arcana was also memorable.

My favorite group was the Evist Boys (JoeJoe , Baron2537 , Heie , Jazzper , CloakedReaper, Electric, RagingLunacy , and others).

Aor was my favorite kingdom, and I'm saddened by its decline. Frost's transformation from Fronslin for a bit of humor about an all-female ruling was a step out of my comfort zone(though it never happened). Before HW's closure announcement, I considered returning Frost to her roots. However, my current plans take her in a different direction.

Regarding Magic, my opinions have mellowed over time. I wanted the creators to know I'm okay with how things unfolded. Frost spent her last days worshipping the Grey Lady as a mage, and I'm content with that. things may have played out differently but I've changed direction with us closing.

Shoutout to TheChibiKiwi for their cool posts. Lernia was one of Frost's adoptees she won't forget.

To everyone who joined me for Frostlight, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Whether crafting, gathering materials, or simply staying active, your contributions were invaluable.

I intend to make my creations public and distribute what I have before the final battle, though I'm uncertain of their effectiveness.

HW will always be in my thoughts going forward. Expect a few more IC posts before I depart. If new HW offshoots arise, I might show interest, though I won't be as active as before.

P.S. Lannis, about Rangefinder: if you ever make it public, I'd greatly appreciate it. The current setups are either too intrusive or too complex for the average player. A Java MCRP server would benefit from it.

Feel free to reach out to me on Discord (fronslin) if you ever want to chat, even if we haven't always seen eye to eye.

Thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
frons posted and so I must as well

I joined sometime during high school, and over the years, I slowly realized that I was no longer a newbie. I had achieved unc status. Not grand-unc status, that's of course reserved for the likes of solus, frons, elz, wake, baron (both of them), etc etc... but still, it was funny that I'd been here so long that I could actually say "back in my day.." and look back on how things were pre-map-change, the old spawn area, the old magic system, the old alchemy "system" (very generous use of the word)... all of that shit. My time here has had ups and downs, but honestly, it was overall pretty good.

My time with my first ever OC, Althalos, is all but wiped from my memory for good reason. This was the first real RP server I'd joined, and I didn't even play DnD. I had no clue how any of this worked, I made an edgy character, I probably engaged in a lot of melodrama, and I styled all my early posts on the forums like this, idk why. But then again I was just a teen, so give me a break!

My second OC, Asero, is my magnum opus for sure. In terms of his story arc, accomplishments, and the bonds he made in my time playing him, I'm so happy with my RP here, and so glad I interacted with all the people/characters that I did. I truly ENJOYED playing Asero and experiencing Altera through him, so much so that since January 4, 2017, this was the only character I played. All the fights with bandits and monsters, the ongoing trophy-collecting, the many, many (messy) romances, and the pyromancy journey - it was also so damn fun.

I played him consistently until I took a break for about a year or such (college and irl). But I eventually found myself interested to come back, and honestly, the final year-ish that I came back for was the best time I've had on HW (recency bias). I owe that all to Fronslin . As soon as I came back, he extended an invite to join Frostlight, that witchy, peaceful, no-PvP-allowed (especially not if you're TPing over half the map for it c: ) wintery village up north. Frons had been my friend for a while, Asero knew Fronslin and they had plenty history. But I think joining the village, learning about what was new, and really immersing myself in the Frostlight project made me appreciate him much more: he was super generous, almost to a fault, pretty level-headed, and just fun to shoot the shit with. Through Frostlight, I came to know and RP with so many sick folks: Ruu Darling with Isabelle, the one that got away. The_VALKYRIE with Valtae, the motherly, always-reliable healer. AbsentUser with Arvyth, the loveable, everyman smith. hayhaiya with Eirlys, the toxic lover. The list honestly goes on forever, which is a testament to what a welcoming and open community Frons fostered.

I also had two stints as staff in lore department (i really loved doing lore). The second time around was rather lackluster, I mainly just formatted forum posts and contributed to minor releases. The first time around was a banger though, I gave y'all motherfuckers ALCHEMY. A whole ass document of potions, each thought out with in-universe uses and weaknesses, a set of rules to their usage, and even extensive lore surrounding the craft itself to help people RP it like smithing. Of course, it wasn't just me: I have to thank Magic Intern, Solus, and Jasper for the early potion brainstorming sessions. And I must also thank the team for letting me pursue this, as it was my passion project, and for finalizing and releasing it as I left the server.

I ended up losing interest, log-ins became more infrequent, and eventually I decided to exit quietly - no goodbye post or fanfare. In that time, I've graduated with my degree, found a passion for playing shows, and turned 22. I actually had the bug to RP again a month ago - but when I logged onto the forums, I saw pure chaos and constant drama. I could tell the community was on its deathbed. Which, imo, is okay: all good things must end, and HW had a damn long run of being good. But HW was always about the community, and it's been neat to see people of all eras come back to post their goodbye messages. I add mine to that :)

here i give a shoutout to their family to special people
Edouard2000 for being the homie, I knew him since early Asero days. He played Edger, Asero's best friend and favorite smith. I had so much fun wasting hooooours brainstorming crazy ideas that would never get approved by lore... nonetheless, we tried a shitton of them, to varying results. The clear metal idea. The evisral steel idea. The "what if eating the magic puss cures the disease?" idea. Or all our discussions about Evisicsm, or the most OP HollowCrafting combinations. Also this is the man that sparked Asero's ass. love ya brother
Lovelyninja567 for being my bestie frfr. I still remember that one day out of the blue she reached out to RP, and we started RPing more and more from there. She eventually invited me to her cursed server where I made more friends, and then a long time later, she joined Frostlight and we got to continue terrorizing each other in discord. I have her saved as "Ratscallion" on my phone and I get her with deez nuts jokes on a daily basis.
Fronslin already glazed him in the post but obligatory. Gotta shoutout the man for making my final year on HW the most enjoyable, for being a glue that brought so many cool folks together, and for being one of Asero's best friends as Frost.
I am Wake for being the coolest librarian/archivist. Lana and Wake's knowledge of the world/server was extensive and enlightening. More than that though, I loved Lana as a character and thought she had such cool energy. Of course, I am biased. I felt like Lana seemed to acknowledge Asero and his achievements in a way that felt so genuine - I always appreciated that.

yes there are more but this is a long post. sucks to suck !!

Camicaxe

Lord of Altera
I was active on the server during ~2011-2013, before whitelist was a thing, before class/race limits was a thing - my first RP character was a fire elemental, and the introduction of RP character limits was likely the first HW drama I witnessed. I remember the original server spawn had a big ol campfire and a bunch of tents near a dark forest. I haven't been active for a decade, and didn't keep in touch with anyone after the Uth server drama (iykyk) so I doubt anyone remembers/recognizes me, but despite all of that, sad to hear that the server is closing down. I made a lot of really fond memories, even though they're a bit hazy now. Hollowworld was the most fun I ever had in Minecraft and I've tried to find that magic over the years a couple times, but nothing ever felt the same.

Wish everyone all the best, both to the old players who are still around and who no longer is, and to all the new people I've never met before.

Edit: I wrote the above post about an hour ago and walked away, and then it eventually hit me in the feels. A slight burning, hollow feeling, as if losing someone close to you. I think HW was always at the back of my mind as a safe space I can return to. Years went by, interests changed, and I forgot about HW, occasionally I would return to the forums to check up on things. Good, HW is still around, all is right in the world I'd think. And now the realization that the next time I'll remember HW and try to check on the forums, they might be gone entirely, is deeply saddening. I miss the old internet, the close-knit communities and little forums like these. The internet as a whole felt a lot more social and intimate, and I was a bit too young to fully understand just how meaningful it was. Now that I'm older, I really miss this aspect of the internet, and it's sad to know that one of my favorite communities from arguably the best time to be online is going to fade away. I can only imagine how it feels to those of you that were here throughout all those years, and especially for those of you who might have seen the writing on the wall for quite a while now.

As I'm typing this out I feel like I'm writing for myself now, but I really do hope someone out there might find some of it relatable, and know that you aren't alone.

Last edited:

Zimrock

Lord of Altera
I am the last Alteran. All the people have left to go on to other worlds and other adventures. As I walk down the empty roads and visit the empty cities, I am saddened by what Altera used to be.

A land of Gods and demons who raised and destroyed us. A land of great cities ruled by great houses. A land full of mystery and magic. A land of chivalry and heroes like Maceo of who the bards sang. Where we could find adventure from the mountains to the depths of the oceans on which we sailed great ships. From the minarets to the caves and dungeons full of treasures. Where we could find peace in the expanse of the great plains and costal deserts.

Hollowworld can only be described as a unique experience in Minecraft and one I will not forget.

But now I am alone, the last Alteran. Awaiting the hammer fall of the Gods to end it. I can only smile and remember the great times and comradery we had as we move on to other worlds.

I was first in the North Kingdoms and shall be last in altera, as it is written. An end of an era.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello Alterans, this is a reassurance message for those with tickets that the team plans to go through making schematics in the coming weeks/August. We know there's word of other methods to get builds and would kindly ask that no one copy or take builds they haven't built for private use or to use on other servers.

Thank you for your patience

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I joined this server when I was a teenager having a rough time adjusting to the world at large, and as I peruse the forums for probably the last time, I'm holding my 2 month old daughter, in the home I purchased shortly before her birth, on the anniversary of a wedding I officiated for friends I play D&D with regularly. HW was mostly good times, and while the friendships I made are distant and tenuous now, they remain deeply meaningful.

For whatever it's worth, I'd hope for some archive of the forums to be made available after it all ends. There's a lot of memories here, going back years and years and years.

SaddestDad

Lord of Altera
Saddening to hear about all of this after a 5 year lurk, but I guess things have to end at some point. I hope everyone is doing well and proceeds to do well!

AbsentUser

Legend of Altera
Hero
Retired Staff
AbsentUser
AbsentUser
Hero
I'm not big on goodbyes, so I'll just drop a few shoutouts and thanks to some of the people that had a big impact on my time or my characters.

Of course, xVigil Lovelyninja567 Arget Istalri to start off with, love y'all and the stories we played through.

Fronslin - Always around, always interesting. Arvyth's key mentor and a great organizer tying people together, Frost made a difference for a lot of people.

Mara - Not on anymore I know, but Willow was my main reason to log on toward the end of my time. Out of all the good experiences I had on the server, I think the father-daughter RP was my all time favorite.

Sophe - Almost another daughter, though everyone would deny it. Netari the unexpected apprentice was another one of my favorite characters to see, with part of her story being the closest I've been to crying over Minecraft.

Electric - Asero the hangout, event, and sparring buddy. And the jokes on chat too

Crusader_Of_Man - Really respect the guy, even though we didn't RP a ton. Loved his character design too.

Fluffy Bristle - You know who you are! Thank you

Somnastra - Som was always great fun, thanks for letting me get involved with the Rangers.

Everyone else - I'm sure I'm missing some important people, so I'll give a blanket big thank you to everyone I interacted with!