Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Word of the Sun

The Courier

Lord of Altera
{ What better way than to cause chaos and war than by naming the Public Enemy for such atrocities? Bahaha, these fools. }

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
May I know exactly what the symbol looks like besides it just saying Ignis?
The stained gold and white cloth glints against the rising sun. Scripture hangs emblazoned upon a scroll- a warning which speaks;
"Let this be a warning, to all Uncivilized. Let this man's message and cries for help reflect what shall be brought unto all who do not live under the light of Ignis. Let the marks upon his body and soul be an example of the mercy bestowed unto heretics."

OOC Note: Please take the above information In-Character. Whether this was actually performed by Lavoyard subjects is something to be discovered or assumed or rationalized, but it would be much appreciated if speculation was kept IC :D

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Peuple of les Crossroads.

Je, His serene royauté Thorius Ier du Lavoyarde, wishes to inform the crétins and rapscallions who committed this act of misfit and cruauté that they have pitifully failed their attempt at blaming the Kingdom, as we do not accomplish our duties halfway, and would rather remove both eyes then only one. Furthermore, the perpetrators would be advised to learn about the Ecclesia of the Righteous, as Lord Ignis has not himself given us the honneur of showing his true symbol.

In hopes of bringing les criminels to face la Justice of le Havre,

King-Magister Thorius Ier du Lavoyard, overseer of the Purple Court, supreme commander of the Lyserium armées and holder of the Imperium crown.

Michcat

Wait... Isn't that the same as Harateth's then >>?
I mean at least the one used in this crime.

Gold + white + sun >>
ge·ner·ic
jəˈnerik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    characteristic of or relating to a class or group of things; not specific.
    "chèvre is a generic term for all goat's milk cheese"
    synonyms:general, common, collective, nonspecific, inclusive, all-encompassing,broad, comprehensive, blanket, umbrella
    "a generic classification for similar offenses"

C'mon guys. They told me "generic sun symbol". Its a generic. Sun. Symbol.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Upon fencing near the Crossroads, against the sign, hangs a man. Elmond Engem.

Hung about his chest is a banner of gold-embroidered stained white cloth, the symbol of Ignis emblazoned upon it. Blood seeps down the man from his face and his feet and his hands, painting a picture of red in the grass and cobbleroad below. A thick blindfold is tied over his eyes, but for naught- as the leftmost eye has been pierced through the blindfold, leaving a gaping hole. Signs of cruel treatment are apparent. He seems to be missing digits from his left hand, and those at the Crossroads would likely soon awaken to quite the chorus of cries for help...
Exactly how is gruesome imagery like this in any way acceptable on a PG-13 server???

Michcat

Sorry guys, next time you want something like this posted, you should go to someone else. I'm sick of the messages I've been getting over this.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
People have actually complained about the content not being Pegi 13?
Guys... Pegi 13 or not its a medieval RPG, things like this have to be expected - also I've seen worse than this being aired on TV around 16:00 when kids usually come home from school>>

Firegirl

Lord of Altera
....Sorry guys, next time you want something like this posted, you should go to someone else. I'm sick of the messages I've been getting over this.
It's ok Mich, I've seen much worse in RP than what was descirbed.

And for the future...you /might/ just want to put a content warning for those sensitive folks. Just trying to be helpful. ^.^

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
People have actually complained about the content not being Pegi 13?
Guys... Pegi 13 or not its a medieval RPG, things like this have to be expected - also I've seen worse than this being aired on TV around 16:00 when kids usually come home from school>>
I haven't complained, and I personally am ok with it. But I do feel like this is fairly far out of bounds when it comes to being PG-13.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I haven't complained, and I personally am ok with it. But I do feel like this is fairly far out of bounds when it comes to being PG-13.
Mich apparently got several messages like this. - That is at least the way I took it.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Mich apparently got several messages like this. - That is at least the way I took it.
I could assume as much, myself. But I wouldn't place the blame on Mich.

Edit: I do believe that if imagery such as this is to be acceptable on this server, we should raise the server's rating to one that is more appropriate. Like that of NC-17.

"there may be depictions of violence in a PG-13 movie, but generally not both realistic and extreme or persistent violence." -MPAA

Last edited: