Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.7.9 Update coming and bugs! [Complete!]

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
*a loud noise echoes throughout the mountains as Boulder faints*

- Boulder
Anyone with over a million radiants (Hasn't been discussed, but I feel this is a good threshold.) should get their stuff written down, so it can be restored into the new money database. (It'd be cool to see it in a thread for people to be at ease~)

I know we'd need over 1000 chests for emerald blocks if we converted all our dosh to currency, so yeah, this is of nice. It's mainly people with small amounts of currency that should go to the effort of converting.

Boulderpaul

Lord of Westray
I promise not to buy or sell anything until all the updates have been done, so the figure below is accurate. If another thread is made to store these figures feel free to copy the details over :p
retirement-funds.png

- Boulder

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Not sure if @bodejodel has the time to log on to change his 3Million out for emeralds as he is moving to a new house atm.

On that note I'd like to remark that changing the donation system to give out Radiants instead of Emeralds when the money plugin is about to break isn't the best move.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Not sure if @bodejodel has the time to log on to change his 3Million out for emeralds as he is moving to a new house atm.

On that note I'd like to remark that changing the donation system to give out Radiants instead of Emeralds when the money plugin is about to break isn't the best move.
Since the new msg's wasn't obvious enough, we had to change voting plugins so it was a rushed job since I was already late for bed.

Thanks for the critique.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Anyway, since I doubt many people actually know what's going on with the plugins.

This is the dealio:

UUID's are coming out on 1.8, Mojang is going to let players change their usernames. This breaks nearly every plugin we have (I say nearly because there's about 5-10 plugins that just don't care)

Our Economy plugin has not updated for 2 years, and has fortunately worked through every update, in fact, it will continue to work well after 1.8. The only problem is that it wont realize someone has changed their name and will just create a new balance for them. This would, inevitably cause endless trouble for the staff.

So we need to switch to an economy plugin that can handle UUID's, there's currently 2 that I've got my eyes on and debating on which one to pick depending on several factors.

Does it update often? Does the creator respond to player queries? Does it error or bug out much? Is it user-friendly with the commands or just a complete nightmare?

So anyway, the reason I'm asking players WITH SMALL AMOUNTS OF MONEY to change their money to emeralds is because Vault has a command to convert the iconomy information to another economy plugin. Needless to say, I can safely assume that the file is insanely huge, the fact I also have to convert the permissions file to UUID is also going to be a lot of work and take (most likely) about 3-4 restarts to finish. I would prefer to minimize this workload by getting at least a few players to clear out their accounts so it's less for the conversion to worry about.

TL;DR
Plugin stuff no one cares about.

Alexandregd

Legend of Altera
Money - Our economy plugin isn't updated for 1.7.9, we need to switch to a new one
Recommended action - Keep all funds in block/emerald form. Your money wont be deleted or removed, but this just makes things easier in the long run. (Don't worry if you have too much to store, this is recommended to make it easier on the transferal to a new plugin!)
Yeah... I don't even need to make my radiants into emeralds... they arealy are! :D

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Shelfit... sheeelllfit-

Shelfit works fine, it has a 1.7.9 update, it does change the layout of the uhhh.. info-holding file, but since we only implemented it recently then it shouldn't cause any troubles~
Will it remove any of the book we have in our shelves? Should we remove them?