Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

1.8 Incoming [Complete] [BUGS]

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
What will be removed:
Jousting plugin
- Barely used, it hasn't updated since 1.7.2, not particularly worth keeping.
We had what now? How long was that a thing?

TBH, this is probably why it wasn't used.

I would like to request, if possible, that we be given back access to /plugins. That would probably stop that issue -- if we know we have the plugin, we can utilize it.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
We had what now? How long was that a thing?

TBH, this is probably why it wasn't used.

I would like to request, if possible, that we be given back access to /plugins. That would probably stop that issue -- if we know we have the plugin, we can utilize it.
All plugins and their commands are listed in the Survival Guide!

Not sure if I'm supposed to report 1.8 bugs here or not, so sorry if it's in the wrong place. Also not sure if this is related to 1.8 or if it's intentionally done this way. However...

For people with fly, before 1.8 the status (on or off) on login defaulted to the status of last logout. Now, with 1.8, it defaults to off on login. The problem occurs when people logout whilst flying. It's only a minor inconvenience, and eventually I'll remember to just not logout with fly on, but everytime I log in with fly on the last time I log out, I die.

It happened to me earlier today. The day before I had been observing the construction of the second floor of our temple when I logged out for the night. I logged in to a fall that resulted in an ooc death. In this particular scenario, I did drop my things and lose my levels. I had 28 levels, and I was reduced to 7. I was able to recover all of my items except an enchanted fishing rod, which I never found.

I'm not even sure of the dropping of items is connected to the fly "bug", but the solution to both (if indeed both are bugs) is to set the fly default to the status at last logout.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Not sure if I'm supposed to report 1.8 bugs here or not, so sorry if it's in the wrong place. Also not sure if this is related to 1.8 or if it's intentionally done this way. However...

For people with fly, before 1.8 the status (on or off) on login defaulted to the status of last logout. Now, with 1.8, it defaults to off on login. The problem occurs when people logout whilst flying. It's only a minor inconvenience, and eventually I'll remember to just not logout with fly on, but everytime I log in with fly on the last time I log out, I die.

It happened to me earlier today. The day before I had been observing the construction of the second floor of our temple when I logged out for the night. I logged in to a fall that resulted in an ooc death. In this particular scenario, I did drop my things and lose my levels. I had 28 levels, and I was reduced to 7. I was able to recover all of my items except an enchanted fishing rod, which I never found.

I'm not even sure of the dropping of items is connected to the fly "bug", but the solution to both (if indeed both are bugs) is to set the fly default to the status at last logout.
I'll note it down- we switched from simplefly (which it was breaking sadly) to essentials fly (Which works yay-) which does have a permission to have fly switched on when logging in, I didn't have it set it because I wasn't sure if it'd clash with the sorrows permission to disable fly. Ahhh permissions are fun-

But yes, will test, noted, thankee for the reminder :D on a funnier note, I've been doing a similar thing, I regularly die shortly after I login because I forget to turn on fly.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Currently armor stands have no form of protection AND can be broken by outsiders, it is a flag issue (the same one that prevents horses being ridden if I turn it off v_v AND the same one that allows chest access if I turn it on, this is the moodiest flag ever I swear) but it wouldn't protect the stand from members of the town.

So I can fix it if I turn this flag off for outsiders in every single region (there's over 120 regions, not a job I want to do) but I would like to research a bit, test if lockette or lwc can protect armor stands or if worldguard has an update (or fixed their flags *Shakes fist angrily*) before I resort to changing each region flag.

This msg is basically a warning to town owners or anyone that's placed an armor stand- keep a close eye on em xD