Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [9 July] Riptide: Setting Sail [DANGER: 6/10]

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
And lemme tell you why:

"Anhalders" are primarily comprised of Knights.

Knights are skilled in combat, not how to tent to a ship, nor how to tend to sick and wounded, nor how to properly catalog supplies, nor how to operate the weaponry on a ship (such as cannons) unless they were given thorough training beforehand that isn't comprised of one RP session.

tldr: It actually doesn't matter who's on the ship, or where their loyalties are. It matters on competence and experience.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
And to top off the argument that previously went on, tldr: If you act like a barbaric idiot, you're gonna end up getting thrown off. If you want to "spice things up" during the event, expect to either get yer head lopped off, or swim with the fishes.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Guys, I'm sure that collectively we can just, I don't know, not be pricks? It's probably not worth getting worked up over.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
My ship is the only one that can properly be manned with the amount of people we have.

Most of you will be stuck in the cargo hold -_-
if we're being scientifically correct

my sloop can and will be able to carry 30 men and women
this is assuming Cymic will bring his people and then we can split it, mind you, that is excluding my crew at which is seven to eight, which can man, rig, and sail the ship with absolute ease.
Cymic is bringing his warship, and the crew is more than enough to man it, for the kind that it is. The 'warship' is more comparable to a galleon, with a few cannons thrown on there, and a ballista placed there as well. It'd take around 14-18 people, i believe-- Unless it were classified as a pirate galleon, very labor intensive, around 30-40 people.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Historically speaking a galleon needed more then fifty people to get into the water and sail successfully.
It all depends on the galleon's type. There are merchant galleons, pirate galleons, etc. etc.
"Historically speaking", there were different types of galleons, there wasn't one set make/model/size.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
c,: Guys this is minecraft, not everything is/can be super realistic. Heck the server doesn't even enough people to man all the ships on the map

Last edited:

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
c,: Guys this is minecraft, not everything is/can be super realistic. Heck the server doesn't even enough people to man all the ships on the map
It doesn't even have enough people to realistically man just a single one of our biggest ships...

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
It doesn't even have enough people to realistically man just a single one of our biggest ships...
It has enough people, i believe-- Just not enough players or server space. I think there would be over 300 different characters, just players drive multiple characters

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
First rates had up to 900 people in their crew. I think that number doesn't include Marines yet...

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
I've seen it in the Quays.

That's over a 100 feet, already you're looking up to 25 and counting to even rig it.

I'm not saying that Hollowworld is always does historically accurate stuff but come on
That's not theirs, that belongs to the Lavoyarde fleet.

Bode is talking about the tons of ships docked at Heavens Reach

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
can we forget about other people's ships? I thought the discussion already addressed that we'd try to keep it to one ship... So I see no point in arguing about other people's ships.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
can we forget about other people's ships? I thought the discussion already addressed that we'd try to keep it to one ship... So I see no point in arguing about other people's ships.
But my OTP is the beeeeest