Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_Portato_'s Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Portato

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
_Portato_

2. How old are you?
I am 19 years of age, turning 20 this year.

3. What country are you from?
Ireland.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming: I would define it as the use of knowledge gained outside of RP, and used in RP.

Powergaming: The act of making a character very overpowering in roleplay. Attempting to force a Roleplay situation without giving the other party a reaction time.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello. My name is Portato. It used to be Portalmaster but since I'm from Ireland, a friend decided to begin calling me Portato, mixing Portal and Potato together. I liked it so much, I made it my username! I have 4 dogs, they are; Prince, Whitie, Copper and Binkie. I'm currently in college studying drama and theatre. I love photography, reading, books and music....and DINOSAURS! I've been on this server before, but for the last year I've had no laptop or means to play minecraft. So bare with me while I figure my new one out!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I once wrote a Haiku for the National Geographic. I sent it in to them!

Wandering stillness
Rippling upon a marble sky
An ibis stalks dawn

Sadly, they never responded ;(

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Well, the first time I came to this server, it was Samiwashere that referred me. I think she may still go by that name.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Character Name:
Raedon

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Raedon stands at 6'3. He possesses a pair of light silver eyes. His skin is incredibly pale. He is thin and lean, though not overly. He has solid black hair. His face is thin, matching his thin figure. On his body he wears a long, white armed-tunic that covers everything from his shoulders down to his waste, from there a pair of white leggings. It is thin to his body, to give him movement. This is due to the culture he was brought up in of protecting his skin and keeping it as a source of pride. He does not keep his head covered, choosing to let it be free and seen. However, his tunic does contain a white hood in case of his need for protection against the elements. A bow is strung on his back, along with long quivers to hunt and defend himself. On his right hand side is a small dagger, in case of emergencies, it is held in a leather sheath.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
My skin is currently being made by a friend. They're having computer problems at the moment, so I am unsure of when I'll have the skin. If you need more description, please let me know!

Written Test!

Raedon was born as a bastard on the Argent Isles. It was a mild morning that day. His mother was a lowborn Silver Elf. His father, a noble. His mother had gone through pregnancy alone. His father, preferring not to have the nuance of a child thrust upon him, went about his life. The following day after Raedon's birth, his grandfather, with Raedon and his daughter in toe, travelled to the home of Raedon's father. Without an explanation, the innocent Silver Elfling was thrust upon the man that had sired him. The screams of his unknown mother as her child was handed away still an echo that walks beside him...

Raedon's life was that of nobility. Although a bastard, he enjoyed the lifestyle of a high Silver Elf. He never met his mother, nor would any member of the household tell him who she was. He had laid on his bed, dreaming of situations and scenarios of how that day went. What was said? Was it her that had handed him over? Did she love him? Questions as fierce as thunder rolled in his mind.

Often hidden from other nobles, he spent most of his time in that room, watching the day pass by. But nevertheless, his father and his family did take great care of him. His uncle, Moein would visit the house from time to time, bringing back items and trinkets he had collected. One such item was a bow he had acquired. Raedon took great interest in this bow. He became transfixed by the dynamic of it. To listen to the arrow fly was a very pleasing sound, indeed. His uncle, not actually requiring the bow was kind enough to give it to Raedon. And from there started the love affair of the bow and arrow. Sunny days were spent in a forest, knocking apples and other items from their perches.

Something was growing within Raedon. A giddiness. An urge. He took his education with great love. However, he had a want to move. To see something new. To learn. To learn something that the education given to him at home could not bestow on him. He resolved that at such point when his formal education was finished, he would leave. He would venture out into the world, learning and observing.

In his education he took an interesting in medicine. He believed it right to, as it would surely help him on his journeys. He spent his days practicing with his bow, and spent his evenings and night studying various medical techniques and healing practices. Although he would never be able to be a master by the end of his studies, he would continue to study and learn from life experience in the new lands he would travel to. But to the end of his studies, he knew he knew enough of medicine to survive to the new lands.

The day arrived like another. Although his formal education was ending, his devotion to the pursuit of knowledge would never end. He had not told the household he would be leaving. He would spend one more night. He watched out his window, over the homes and under the stars. Wondering. Wanting. Waiting.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Your application is quite good, however, I would like to tack on a quick reminder: Starting skills and equipment (bow, dagger, archery, medicine) need to be no better than novice level. No bein' any better, or have equipment any better than that. This, above all, is most frequently abused I would say. I know you're a returning player, so maybe I'm preaching to the choir, but I'll do this all the same. Now, without further ado...

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.