Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_Terrowin's Application [Approved - Somnastra]

LemonNade

Villager
About you
1) What is your MINECRAFT username?

_Terrowin

2) How old are you?

3) Where are you?
I currently live in Waterford, Ireland.

4) Have you read our guides yet?

I have read the Survival Guide and the Tome of Citizenship, and part of the Core Races regarding my choice of race, as well as a few others small guides regarding roleplaying and server rules, mainly because I'm rather inexperienced in roleplaying, and hopefully I'll learn something in the community.

5) Introduce yourself!

Well then, I guess it begins here. I attend a pretty-typical secondary school, where I'm studying the core subjects such as English, maths, Irish, geography, history, etc. as well as optional ones: art, home economics and French. I recently began studying some music theory by myself at home.

As for hobbies, I enjoy playing video games, and I'm a big fan of anime and manga. I also enjoy drawing pictures and sketches. I've also taken a huge liking towards music as of late, and I've been learning how to play bass guitar, with my inspiration being mainly Armistead Burwell Smith IV (AKA Zach Smith) from Pinback, Systems Officer and Three Mile Pilot.

As for games, I play a variety of them, as I don't mind playing any genre as long as the game itself is good.

I play these games as I enjoy different flavours of video games, so I tend to hop between different genres and platforms. I don't have a favourite genre that's set in stone, as all games can be really enjoyable, regardless of company or genre.

6) Got any examples of your work?

Shading practice:

Two other old drawings:

Unfortunately, I have no methods of recording my bass playing properly as of yet, and I'd rather not share it with my current skill level.

7) Did you explore our world prior to your application?

I haven't explored the world as of yet, but I took a glance at the world map.

8) Referrer:

GregorWaldstein

About your character
Name
: Arnald Clemenceau

Race:

Human

Appearance:

A rather ordinary-looking person, with cornflower-blue eyes, dark-brown hair and just after sprouting his first beard. 15 years of age, but has the appearance of someone older. He wears typical clothes of his time, and carries a brown satchel with him everywhere he goes.

The test

“The evening sun cast an orange tint upon my surroundings, and bushes nearby rustled with the wind.

I took a deep breath, and the cool Autumn air filled my lungs.
"It was a good day, I've travelled far." I thought to myself.

I left my home about a week and a half ago, despite my parents' protests.
"You're still too young, son." or "It's dangerous out there!" they say, but I decided to go anyway, leaving the small, self-sustained farm behind. It's not to pursue great wealth or fame, but just because I wanted to travel, and see the world.

I dropped the last of the twigs into my newly-built camp fire for the night, by my small settlement composed of an animal-skin tent, and the camp fire itself.

It was rather amazing that I haven't been attacked in a few days now. Neither something, nor someone has even crossed my path, which is really odd in this part of Altera, away from large settlements. Wolves and bandits alike roam these lands, either searching for prey or some 'easy profit'.

I struck two pieces of flint, and soon a shy amber glow began showing itself within the pieces of timber and sticks. I coaxed the subtle sparks until it grew to a dancing flame.

Soon I decided to go to sleep, as I have another day's worth of travelling ahead of me. I crawled into my tent. I was tired, so I went straight to sleep.

I'm only fifteen, but I left my home for my love for travelling, and my childish curiosity. I was mature than most other fifteen year-olds, but I certainly wasn't mature enough for some of the obstacles I've encountered.

I was suddenly woken up by the sound of rustling bushes nearby, which I assumed was caused by another gust of wind. I grabbed my lantern and crawled out of my shelter. It was night, the only sources of illumination was my lantern, and the crescent moon glowing in the sky above me. My campfire was already out, and all that is left of it were charred pieces of wood. I gazed into the darkness around me, and that's when it struck me.

I'm in a sheltered forest- there is no wind here.

I fumbled with my satchel, producing an old dagger from within it, which luckily, had to be used only once before during a wolf attack, where the only thing that saved my life was this dagger and my frantic slashing -- I was never too good with weapons, as I was too eager to begin my travels. I guess I should've taken my father's advice and trained more before I set out to see the world.

I said to myself: "I guess I should've listened to th-"

"Oi, kid, I'll make this easy on you. How 'bout you hand me over everythin' you have on ya there, and I won't kill you?" Threatened a loud, obnoxiously-posh voice from behind me.

I swivelled around, and clumsily dropped my lantern, which rolled towards the fellow ahead of me. He was wearing rather tattered clothes, a leather cap and a bandana which covered most of his facial features, except his eyes. He stood in front of the bush, and his dagger was pointed directly at me. Time had slowed to a nauseating crawl as we stared each other for what seemed like an eternity.

"I-I'm not afraid of you." I replied with a hint of anxiety in my voice.

I could tell that he smirked by looking at his eyes.

"I love it when they try to fight back."

He dashed towards me so quickly I could barely brace myself for the impact.
I swung my dagger.
He blocked it with his own.
I tried again.
No luck.
He chuckled at my feeble attempts to defend myself.
He swung his dagger this time. "I'll have fun counting the coins after I'm done with you!" He shouted.

I attempted a block, but I stumbled back and fell onto the dirt below me, dropping my dagger out of reach.

I scrambled backwards on all fours, still facing him.

"Enough games." He snarled impatiently.

He turned his dagger in a single swift motion to a reverse grip, and lunged towards me.

I frantically tried to think of something. I clenched my fist at the ground in frustration.

But it was too late.

He was already swinging for me, so all I could do is stick my hands out in desperation.
I sat there with my eyes clenched tightly. Only then I realised that the man was screaming and clenching his eyes. He stumbled backwards and fell onto the lantern, hitting his head. I looked down. My hand was covered in powdery dirt. I must've thrown it in his face in my struggles.

I stared at the man, who wasn't moving. Once I mustered up the courage to take a look, I noticed that he was just out cold. Knowing that I couldn't bear to do anything else, I dragged him into my tent. It was at this time that I regretted not listening to my parents, I guess sword lessons are next. "Drr." I shivered with the cold of the Autumn night, but it was no time for small things like this, I have travel to do, and a bandit to flee from.

So I ran, where ever my legs could carry me."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a bit too into it, I was going to make it 400-500 words, but here I am at over 800. ^^'

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
This is simply lovely!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Rules for Roleplay
How to use the forum
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.