Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Political Map of the Northern Kingdoms

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
This will be an ongoing project to establish the exact political borders in the Northern Kingdoms and present them together.

Disclaimer: This map shows areas of political influence, not areas of owned land.

A number of regions are already included in the map below which are based on the shown regions in Michcat's map. If the colours or name for a particular region on the map are incorrect then please post them below and I'll fix it pronto.

Well organised houses should be automatically added to the map as I find them so long as they provide the required detail in their house threads.

Altera political map #15.png

To request the addition of a political region please fill out the form below as well as drawn the rough outline of the desired territory including the position of any cities within the territory on a copy of the attached blank map. I will then liaise with @Michcat to ensure the territory is justified and add it to the big map.

Region name:
Region colours:
Map:

To request an alteration to a political region fill out the below form as well as show the alteration on a blank map. If the change is justified then the alteration will be made to the big map. Alterations include border expansion/ contraction as well as region deletion. Please do not argue a change.

Region name:
Type of change:
Reason for change:
Map:

Attachments

Last edited:

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
Change log
-Increased Aeyeras claim to the NW. (to include NW isles)
-Increased The Order's claim to the SW. (to bottom of mountain range)
-Increased the Engem claim to the NE. (to include the remainder of the highlands)
-Added Silverian claim. (solid m. blue)
-Added Golden Bay claim. (red/gold)
-Aeyeras name change. (to Hierax)
-Increased Marr's claim to the S. (to cover Folksmight and S of it)
-Lonmar name change. (to Avanor)
-Added Yearnen claim. (d. grey/red)
-Added Tiarch claim. (green/black)
-Avanor/Hierax border tweak.
-Increased Silverian claim. (to cover mountains to the immediate N)
-Pirrratttes name change (to Tideborne)

Last edited:

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Region name: The Realm of Haven (The Order)
Type of change: The Templar Council claims that further lands to the south-west, along the main river, until the end of the mountain range ( or the frontier with Marr) be added.
Reason for change: It has always belonged to us, and i believe you just forgot to add it.
Map:
Altera map 2D blank (cropped).png

Goldengem25

The Kingdom Crusher
Region name: [In common:] The Highlands
Type of change: Extension of Highland jurisdiction and outpost to be included.
Reason for change: Engem've pretty much claimed all the Highlands for a long while; last thing they want is someone to set up shop on that sly peak. And the outpost was built a bit before, and just solidifies an RP claim to fishing, mild mining but mainly Militia training.
Map:agagd.png

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
It might be important to clarify that this what people claim ownership over. Disputes over borders are great, and add flavour to RP, but they should be taken ICly :) Don't get mega mad at someone if their character also wants the same land as yours. The concept of owning land (well, owning anything, really) is really really really weird full-stop!

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
It might be important to clarify that this what people claim ownership over. Disputes over borders are great, and add flavour to RP, but they should be taken ICly :) Don't get mega mad at someone if their character also wants the same land as yours. The concept of owning land (well, owning anything, really) is really really really weird full-stop!
Hmm? Not quite sure what you're getting at Ced. I'm just trying to compile a map showing political influences, not providing a vector by which people can claim to "own" vast swathes land so that no one can build there. And I agree with you, I love border disputes! Which indeed is part of my reasoning for doing this.
Anyway, I've added a disclaimer just to be sure. :)

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
region extension
The extension to include the rest of the mountain is perfectly legitimate but I would prefer to keep each claim a one body so I shan't mark the outpost next to Senatoor's claim. Also its political influence would literally only encompass the grounds of the outpost since it's so separate to the main Engem power base.

Verfumbo

I think I might like it here
Region name: Aellyrdale
Type of change: Extension of political influence to the end of the jungle to the west.
Reason for change: Political influence would stretch this far for our house, and we wish for further security by being able to manage our border with the highlands.
Map:Altera political map #4.png

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
I would like to add map of Silverian lands , also if anyone could draw it into actual political map.

Type of change: We should finally claim lands that still belong to us.
Reason for change: It has always belonged to us, and i believe you just forgot to add it.

map_s.jpg

Verfumbo

I think I might like it here
Sorry, but we can't justify that expansion since there's no build in close proximity. Maybe buy some land to build an outpost there? I'll gladly extend Senatoor's claim then.
It is pretty close to the capital :/ Like really really close. House senatoor isnt that weak to not have influence there.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
@mineturtletrap Could you do me a favour and maybe change the white part of either Marr or Ironside to make it easier to tell them apart? I am colourblind and whilst I can tell the difference for the key I can't on the map