Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Political Map of the Northern Kingdoms

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Those things may be true, but there's nobody there to contest it~

.. oh, this guy.

yar just pretend the line goes around that bit and not inside it :heart:
:heart:

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
You are in dire need to read the rules regarding claims Somnastra has set in the other thread...
@GLaDOS101
Yea it's not a "I claim this because no one can contest it.", it's more of what you would actually be able to control, and with your capital basically being Pompeii it would be more like this...
Fronte.png
and from the state of your city and house even that's a stretch.

mineturtletrap

Lord of Altera
Could you please reply to my post? Thanks.
Sorry for the delay.

Right, the justification for not expanding Senatoor's border is as follows:

Firstly, in RP the jungle would be hard to access for anything larger than a small group of intrepid explorers. This means that Senatoor would have great difficulty patrolling their border if they were control more than they do already. Another thing that plays into this is how a patrol would have no line of sight due to the terrain, which would further inhibit Senatoor's ability to control their territory and prevent bandits etc. setting up there, which means I cannot extend the territory to cover that area on the map as Senatoor do not control it.

Secondly, there is an Engem encampment/ outpost (although the chunks are not claimed) right on the border of the area you marked out. This means that the Engem would be able to more effectively control the area since it's fairly inaccessible for Senatoor and much closer to the Engem outpost. Basically the Engem have a more legitimate claim on the area than Senatoor since they actually have a build in the area.

Thirdly, Aellyr (Senatoor's capital) consists only of 107 claimed chunks (since I last checked 20 mins ago). This is not a large area for a capital and therefore the city would not exert massive influence on the area around it. To add to this, Aellyr has few fortified buildings and military buildings in general so I do not believe Senatoor currently has the capability to control a larger area than it already has (especially given the terrain). Aellyr is also built into the jungle (under the canopy), meaning the line of sight from the city itself does not stretch far and the city cannot be seen from far away as an intimidating capital in control of the surrounding landscape.

There are many things that could be done to increase the Senatoor influence, from building a military outpost in the area to constructing a series of jungle roads or even tracks, which Senatoor patrols could use to patrol and to control the area to ensure no bandits or others can settle in the jungle there. Other things that would increase the Senatoor claim would be the construction of more Senatoor cities in the jungle, substantially increasing the number of military buildings in Aellyr or even just a large increase in the number of claimed plots in Aellyr.

Hope this helps! :)

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Ohh, if you look at Marr's Northern Border by the river. We have a military outpost there. It's Folksmight owned by this awesome guy @Bean/Benijim
Ricard Havelock Marr

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
"Secondly, there is an Engem encampment/ outpost (although the chunks are not claimed) right on the border of the area you marked out. This means that the Engem would be able to more effectively control the area since it's fairly inaccessible for Senatoor and much closer to the Engem outpost. Basically the Engem have a more legitimate claim on the area than Senatoor since they actually have a build in the area. "

Yet, you expanded the teritorrity of The order, even if building that covers all the southern part is mine. And yes, I am in different house. These things have been settled, but I see a bit of injustice here.