Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Rift in the Sky

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
This message has been sent by messenger bird to Sanardú, Mockingbay and Blackstone. It has also been pinned up at Storm's Landing.

---

A disturbance across the entirety of our lands was felt, and it seems that the
source of this has since been discovered. Reminiscent of days gone, of an ancient evil
we had thought put to bed, a rift has opened in the sky north of the settlement of Rivelton,
amidst a caldera. I implore the people of Altera, of all Kingdoms, to gather once more to
defend our homes from a very real threat. Something foreign, something not of our world,
has opened this tear - and we must ensure that if it intends to enter, we are ready to fight
back, together.

The Anhalders and Moors have gathered already, to aid our entire world, but they will not
be enough. We must all gather.

Crown Prince Drake Ferreum Hawklight

The map attached is roughly drawn for the most part, but shows
clearly a route north to
the supposed location of this rift, from
Rivelton.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-disturbance.39050/

Axex mokwar K9

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
MFW When your medieval Roleplay game turns into Cowboys vs Aliens 10AD Edition.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
how'd you get a map to the exact location lmao
Drake's noble hobby (every noble has one, so much time to waste in the day, so you've got to do something to fill the hours. Alison paints I believe, and Axex spends his time reminiscing days without joint pain) is cartography. The art, for it is an art, if mapmaking. Hearing rumours of spooky lights, as well as being based rather nearby in Illthilior's little farming homestead for the time being, he set off to map a route north, and maybe there he will also find these rumoured lights that a little boy and his dog have been yapping to everyone in Storm's Landing about. Coming across hills, a river, some more hills and even a mountain or two (all duly noted on his map of this area) he came across a rather steep cliff, with a view onto a plateau. There, in the distance, he espied a shimmering purple light, and the faint colours of blue and white. Heading closer, still working along the ridgeline, he gets close enough to identify the tents, and presumably the people moving among them (although no-one was online), as Anhald tents and Moor Elves. With this scouting done, as not to be spotted and chased, he once more returned to the southern (relatively of course) comfort of Illthilior's humble farming abode, and it's weird array of torture devices in the basement.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Drake's noble hobby (every noble has one, so much time to waste in the day, so you've got to do something to fill the hours. Alison paints I believe, and Axex spends his time reminiscing days without joint pain) is cartography. The art, for it is an art, if mapmaking. Hearing rumours of spooky lights, as well as being based rather nearby in Illthilior's little farming homestead for the time being, he set off to map a route north, and maybe there he will also find these rumoured lights that a little boy and his dog have been yapping to everyone in Storm's Landing about. Coming across hills, a river, some more hills and even a mountain or two (all duly noted on his map of this area) he came across a rather steep cliff, with a view onto a plateau. There, in the distance, he espied a shimmering purple light, and the faint colours of blue and white. Heading closer, still working along the ridgeline, he gets close enough to identify the tents, and presumably the people moving among them (although no-one was online), as Anhald tents and Moor Elves. With this scouting done, as not to be spotted and chased, he once more returned to the southern (relatively of course) comfort of Illthilior's humble farming abode, and it's weird array of torture devices in the basement.
did you RP all of this?

we've got scouts IC but were never asked to log on for RP and i'd appreciate it if you RPed out what you're doing with us present before you do things like this

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Look its a server event i dont think its a huge sin that the server know where the servere wide event is at espcialy since lannis posted the exact location in the origional post as well.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Look its a server event i dont think its a huge sin that the server know where the servere wide event is at espcialy since lannis posted the exact location in the origional post as well.
this thread strikes me as being an attempt to piss me off

it's working

don't worry i've taken it to staff rather than continue to argue with jak

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
I'm gonna try to just cut to the heart of the issue here-
This ain't really necessary from either side. As Umbra said, it's a public event that anyone can attend. Folk don't need to be snappy about it, you'll all get to fight it together.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
this thread strikes me as being an attempt to piss me off

it's working

don't worry i've taken it to staff rather than continue to argue with jak
As Umbra said, it's an event and a big portion of which happened to day if I'm not mistaken. I don't know why such a small discrepancy- if you can call it that- should get you angry. Just enjoy the event, friend! I know I won't be able to attend anyways D:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
wait you mean i can't private server events so my only me and my friends can get good loot?
brother I just told them to drop it, I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
wait you mean i can't private server events so my only me and my friends can get good loot?
As an outside observer, I'd like to point out to you just as an aside that the attitude you espouse in this sentance says /way/ more about you and the way you think than the motivations of the people you're jabbing at.

IE - you're not in the event for the story, you're not upset that you don't get to participate, you're upset that someone else might get good loot and you don't get to grab anything.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
As an outside observer, I'd like to point out to you just as an aside that the attitude you espouse in this sentance says /way/ more about you and the way you think than the motivations of the people you're jabbing at.

IE - you're not in the event for the story, you're not upset that you don't get to participate, you're upset that someone else might get good loot and you don't get to grab anything.
This has happened at quite a few other server events- whether intentional or not. I don't condone the tone that he used, but the point that he made was pretty important. Hopefully this event will be more public and allow people not affiliated with factions to participate more.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
This has happened at quite a few other server events- whether intentional or not. I don't condone the tone that he used, but the point that he made was pretty important. Hopefully this event will be more public and allow people not affiliated with factions to participate more.
Clearly there is a good way and a bad way to state the inherant issue. I see both sides of the coin. If folks want to have a productive discussion about it I'm happy to explain both perspectives.

However, I really only see one optimal solution and it's not likely to be the one taken. (IE: Have enough ongoing events that you don't feel like you're missing much when you don't get to be in a couple of em.)

That said, the structuring of events where players have to take the initiative and go out and find something is probably not going to get many 'takers' after this one because I feel like the other side of the coin isn't going to want to get burned a third time.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Clearly there is a good way and a bad way to state the inherant issue. I see both sides of the coin. If folks want to have a productive discussion about it I'm happy to explain both perspectives.

However, I really only see one optimal solution and it's not likely to be the one taken. (IE: Have enough ongoing events that you don't feel like you're missing much when you don't get to be in a couple of em.)

That said, the structuring of events where players have to take the initiative and go out and find something is probably not going to get many 'takers' after this one because I feel like the other side of the coin isn't going to want to get burned a third time.

To add on to this; some players/characters don't have the ability to go out on expeditions like larger factions do. But what would be a better event format/solution, you think?

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I personally work alot at the hospital and have school mixed in so dont have time to spend days running around, so im thankfull that they listed the location so i could pre plan and attend.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
It really bums me out to find things ICly first and get my character's preferred faction into play only for things to just be sent server wide. It reminds me of the Bastion Stones and how Anhald was forced to bring the entire server with them to something only they found.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic

Then only Anhald would get to experience the campaign? If they had said 'no only us!!' just because they happened to get to it first because of their sheer numbers and manpower, it would have been extremely selfish and they would have deprived all other characters/factions of the campaign experience. In the end, Anhald honestly did end up being the biggest force in the campaign and people stopped participating because they got stopped on IC anyways. I'm honestly glad that they didn't do that because it would have been a dick move and if they did it during this campaign it would be a dick move as well.

You're basically saying 'I want this campaign to be all mine because I found it, and I hardly care about others that want to experience it that aren't in my faction.'

Last edited: