Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Rift in the Sky

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Just out of interest, when did you find this?
Roughly 2:55 - 3:05AM on 1/4/2017. I had been searching for it for a few hours alongside 223hero7 . We waited for Staff notion of what was going on before we had a small group come to examine the Rift as well. Then we had Anhald show up.

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Then only Anhald would get to experience the campaign? If they had said 'no only us!!' just because they happened to get to it first because of their sheer numbers and manpower, it would have been extremely selfish and they would have deprived all other characters/factions of the campaign experience. In the end, Anhald honestly did end up being the biggest force in the campaign and people stopped participating because they got stopped on IC anyways. I'm honestly glad that they didn't do that because it would have been a dick move and if they did it during this campaign it would be a dick move as well.

You're basically saying 'I want this campaign to be all mine because I found it, and I hardly care about others that want to experience it that aren't in my faction.'
No I'm saying "I want to be allowed to act ICly and have consequences and outcomes happen due to my IC actions." Don't shove words in my mouth.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
No I'm saying "I want to be allowed to act ICly and have consequences and outcomes happen due to my IC actions." Don't shove words in my mouth.
I rephrased what you first posted. If you don't want people to take your posts for what they will, then be more careful wording them. I understand that your post ma have come off differently than what was intended, but I reacted to what was clearly written.
You aren't the only character on the server, and a campaign cannot be focused around your character or faction in order to promote a healthy series of events. That's simple. It's a community campaign, not a series of private events where people only get invited if they happen to find the campaign starter.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
What happened to marching?
I think that was only for terms of war. Clearly, it doesn't apply to server campaigns for Anhald. I suppose that is because they didn't march, and rode on horseback/used some other form of travel..

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I think that was only for terms of war. Clearly, it doesn't apply to server campaigns for Anhald. I suppose that is because they didn't march, and rode on horseback/used some other form of travel..
nwalme teleported there and his excuse was 'i had a boat' so we figured we were fine to teleport there considering we're a hell of a lot closer

the marching is only to make war fair anyway, this isn't a war event

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
So who is actually marching with cap? Because I keep hearing of things that they've done in other places? Lmao

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
nwalme teleported there and his excuse was 'i had a boat' so we figured we were fine to teleport there considering we're a hell of a lot closer

the marching is only to make war fair anyway, this isn't a war event
I figured, that's why I pointed out it wasn't a war thing. :p

So who is actually marching with cap? Because I keep hearing of things that they've done in other places? Lmao
I figure that most of them have disbanded to do other things now..? Would make sense if you've heard lots of other things, but I dunno.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
Well I've seen people being told of for being in a place for RP where they should be marching and then they say "oh im not marching" I'll be ngry when I see them teleport to wherever they're going and be like " I was here the whole time"

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Well I've seen people being told of for being in a place for RP where they should be marching and then they say "oh im not marching" I'll be ngry when I see them teleport to wherever they're going and be like " I was here the whole time"
i mean y'all teleported from near amalfia to queensport to return carlos but you don't see me complaining

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I didn't want to bother reading through any complaining, hipocrisy and/or legitimate arguments, but a good point is highlighted here. If a certain group puts in their own effort to discover something, there should be at least some kind of boon to it. I am aware the events team has probably considered stuff like this already, so this is more addressed to players.

The way I see it, although a private event for a faction does seem like a nice reward for figuring it out on your own, it does cut off anyone that is uninvolved, thus boring the people that aren't able to get involved IC.

A more maleable "reward" would be some sort of hint that would put those that discover it a step ahead in terms of understanding, but not impede anyone else from getting involved. If each group that went in privately were told something different but equally useful, it could reinforce factions to work together as well.

I don't really want to bother reading the rest of this because everyone gets uptight and takes things personally, and I used to be one of those people, but if that disdain for looking through lead me to retread covered ground I apologize I guess.

LeftwardElk

Lord of Altera
i mean y'all teleported from near amalfia to queensport to return carlos but you don't see me complaining
You just said "if nwamle can do it I can do it" why should I handicap myself when your faction is full of time traveling teleporting armed knights lol

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I didn't want to bother reading through any complaining, hipocrisy and/or legitimate arguments, but a good point is highlighted here. If a certain group puts in their own effort to discover something, there should be at least some kind of boon to it. I am aware the events team has probably considered stuff like this already, so this is more addressed to players.

The way I see it, although a private event for a faction does seem like a nice reward for figuring it out on your own, it does cut off anyone that is uninvolved, thus boring the people that aren't able to get involved IC.

A more maleable "reward" would be some sort of hint that would put those that discover it a step ahead in terms of understanding, but not impede anyone else from getting involved. If each group that went in privately were told something different but equally useful, it could reinforce factions to work together as well.

I don't really want to bother reading the rest of this because everyone gets uptight and takes things personally, and I used to be one of those people, but if that disdain for looking through lead me to retread covered ground I apologize I guess.
I finally liked one of your posts, Deester!!!!

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
You just said "if nwamle can do it I can do it" why should I handicap myself when your faction is full of time traveling teleporting armed knights lol
because there's a difference between teleporting around outside of war related events (what we did, and what nwalme did) and breaking the war rules that were established and agreed upon

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Like. Please stop and read your stuff before you post it. I have no idea who you are but you come off as well... like an asshole - and this is from someone that literally cares not a whit for the conflict whatsoever.

Axex

Lord of House Hawklight
Dee is right, and if we consider it just within what's happened so far, Anhald and friends have had the most time to study the portal, the most time to prepare, hell, their camp has cannons set up. Therefore, even if all they have done so far is discover the portal and set up camp, it would make sense to accept the first group to arrive as the leading party and defer to them during an event. That's an in character reward that makes sense as to how far the event has progressed before anyone else found the portal.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Dee is right, and if we consider it just within what's happened so far, Anhald and friends have had the most time to study the portal, the most time to prepare, hell, their camp has cannons set up. Therefore, even if all they have done so far is discover the portal and set up camp, it would accept the first group to arrive as the leading party and defer to them during an event. That's an in character reward that makes sense as to how far the event has progressed before anyone else found the portal.
They had one day OOC and have canons set up that magically appeared. Yeah, let's leave everyone else out because they magically set up camp that fast and teleported there before anyone else had a chance to get on OOC.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Dee is right, and if we consider it just within what's happened so far, Anhald and friends have had the most time to study the portal, the most time to prepare, hell, their camp has cannons set up. Therefore, even if all they have done so far is discover the portal and set up camp, it would make sense to accept the first group to arrive as the leading party and defer to them during an event. That's an in character reward that makes sense as to how far the event has progressed before anyone else found the portal.
As far as I'm aware, that's how it's been running so far. Anhald is currently leading, while Shink'maho nearby has agreed to aid. They have access to a supplied town nearby, which.. Has also been supplied by Anhald vassals, but that's just my input that I hope helps clear something up.