Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Speech to the Council

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
The Ambassador of Ellathyr nods a little bit upon review of the files "Ellathyr will not impose an embargo, unless provoked."

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Housekeeper Mellanera does not address those who refuse to participate in the embargo. they are not worth her time. Corvermell has proven themselves honorable and reasonable, justice has been dealt, the migrants are safe.

(Dude you don't just admit to spying.)
((unless you're Housekeeper Tali Mellanera #masterpolitician))

LightTwig

Lord of Altera

Żelazko Gorze, who had previously been sitting comfortably in his leather chair, leans forward to address the economic sanctions imposed upon Legisa, his tone is strict, but not fuelled by anger.

"I firstly wish to thank all those who decided against imposing sanctions upon Legisa, your leaders are wise men who no doubt understand the uselessness of inhibiting both of our economies. To the nations that did impose embargoes on us, we ask that you reconsider, Legisa's economy is more powerful than ever before, and you do more damage to yourself with this diplomatic misstep" he says curtly, adjusting the lapel of his suit after speaking.

"In regards to this 'genocide' as the Corvermell representative loves putting it, we were merely combatting a foe, an enemy encroaching on our land. If a foreign force, whose intentions were shrouded in mystery, landed on your shores and annexed your cities, would you too not use everything at your disposal to combat the foe? Yes, it is true that many foreign civilians perished during the conflict, though Corvermell fails to recognise how many Legisians were also killed by the foreign horde, or how many hard working men and women were forced to abandon their homes because the enemy militia wished to loot it. Additionally, Corvermell fails to recognise that the conflict was a defensive war, they began looting our cities, and we responded, after diplomatic recourse fell through of course" he punctuates this short speech by standing.

"And so I ask the council what they would have us do. The issue is done, our cities are repaired, and citizens peaceful once more. In future, I hope you all do not bow so deeply to the moral cry of Corvermell, and instead practise a little more pragmatism in your diplomacy" he concludes, sitting back down again.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
@LightTwig
Housekeeper Mellanera says nothing, but Housekeeper Veritas Milari rises. she assumes speaking position, her voice not so much angry, as stern, as though she was chastising a child.

"with all honor and respect, I will not let those pathetic excuses stand. I directly question the integrity of Representative Gorze's claim, that those actions were just and necessary for the safety of Legisa's own people.

(yes, I know who this is)

I will not brag. Corvermell's militia is nothing compared to Legisa. in the wake of an actual invasion, we would be forced to surrender. but that fact of our own weakness only makes Legisa's claims all the more pathetic, because where they took months to subdue violent foreigners, we took less than one hour.

if a citizen-run militia with no armor, wielding polearms, steel swords, and hunting rifles, can face off against a force carrying AK-47s, and force them to lay down their assault rifles with no casualties on either side, then surely the mere threat of their airstrikes and well-trained soldiers could have convinced a few rabble-rousing militia to walk away.

from my own actions "combating" these "invaders," who supposedly "annexed" my humble village, I would have to conclude that the leaders of Legisa are not fit for their position. if it is truly as they claim, if they were truly so desperate, then their leaders clearly wield great power very clumsily, and the might and desperation of their "war" is the fault of their great inefficiency in ending it. enlisting untrained civilians right off the street, without the slightest bit of combat training, is irresponsible. how can you claim to fight a defensive war, when you made no efforts to protect bystanders? how does an airstrike on a peaceful gathering protect your people? how can you, in good conscience, turn your own cities into a warzone, and let women and children walk into the crossfire?

you claim this is the fault of the migrants, that they failed to announce their intentions, when it is you who refused to learn their language. their intentions were obvious enough to me, it is you who shrouds your true intentions in mystery. you, who use offensive and reckless military tactics and claim they are appropriate for defense, you, who sully the honor and the names of all your great generals, and all your great wars, by thinking battle is only a matter of who has the most and strongest weapons. if you had nuclear missiles, you would fire them into your precious town without a second thought, because in the eyes of your soldiers, there is only power, and the only victory is absolute annihilation. I would hate to see what happens to the poor and starving Legisan who robs a convenience store.

you have made a hundred careless mistakes in your ill-advised war, and your only plea is that the other nations mind their coffers. fitting, as it seems your only worth is in your economy.

it is clear to me, as it should be clear to any honorable fighter, that the nation of Legisa is nothing more than a bank run by crying children, and their soldiers, little more than hired thugs. you bring shame to your ancestors, and disgrace this entire council. I waste my breath arguing with you, and your breath wastes the air in this room."

and with that, she returns to her seat. Housekeeper Narai Veriahove looks horrified.

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
(there we go.
my computer was acting funny. i caught a phishing site. wouldnt let me on the forums. i'm good now tho. made my response up there)

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Żelazko Gorze breaks the hush of the council, standing to deliver a response. His speech is abrupt, as if there is little else to say at this point.

"Your utter defamation of our people, our government, and our honourable military will not be forgotten anytime soon. We do hope that in future, you will be less foolish in who you provoke"

At that, Gorze sits back down, and is handed a tablet by his assistant. He begins to type, apparently finished with any sort of discussion.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
"if you wish to defend the honor of your military, then do so in single combat."
at the desperate protestation of her fellow housekeepers, Veritas Milari rises.

"I personally challenge the Consul of Defense, Nikolai Dusan, to a duel. on neutral ground, sword against sword, and until first blood. accept it, or decline. his choice will reflect on his aptitude as a leader. and..."

she continues.

"if Consul Dusan is too cowardly to fight me, then I welcome the Supreme Exarch, Gustavus Drezt, to fight in his subordinate's stead."

Housekeeper Veriahove is in sheer shock. Housekeeper Mellanera groans, a hand going to her face.
Housekeeper Galtare is dumbstruck. Housekeeper Pausina gets a strange feeling of deja vu.

Housekeeper Milari sits back down, idly fluffing her hair.

(@The Courier its happening.)

The Courier

Lord of Altera
Adam was thoroughly amused, himself glancing to Samantha who was also amused by the action. Adam would take a seat, glancing to Pausina as he shrugged lightly.

"I. . .assume my culture spreads."

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Gorze cannot help but laugh at Milani, shaking his head.

"Perhaps I ought to remind you of what year it is, Housekeeper. A duel accomplishes nothing, and is merely a farcical waste of time for the honourable Nikolai Dusan, and the prestigious Supreme Exarch Drezt. Instead you ought to speak to the Lions of Legisa, no doubt they've a few members in their ranks eager to participate in a spot of combat"

Gaby

Lord of Altera
Gorze cannot help but laugh at Milani, shaking his head.

"Perhaps I ought to remind you of what year it is, Housekeeper. A duel accomplishes nothing, and is merely a farcical waste of time for the honourable Nikolai Dusan, and the prestigious Supreme Exarch Drezt. Instead you ought to speak to the Lions of Legisa, no doubt they've a few members in their ranks eager to participate in a spot of combat"
Housekeeper Milari stares at him, shrugging her shoulders.
listening to the hushed and panicked whispers of her fellow housekeepers, she says nothing else.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
"We would like to remind the representatives that Corvermell is still protected by the Mechanica Aegis Protection Pact. Both of you, calm down."

Gaby

Lord of Altera
"We would like to remind the representatives that Corvermell is still protected by the Mechanica Aegis Protection Pact. Both of you, calm down."
((you're not my dad :heart:))

Housekeeper Mellanera nods quickly.

"of course. we absolutely do not want any sort of uh.... diplomatic missteps to occur from this. no sir. we are calm."

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Żelako Gorze simply swivels slowly from side to side in his chair, eyeing the Housekeepers with a deadly and hateful gaze.