Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Abbey Mirabelle Oceana - The Mermaid Queen's Tail

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Today is going to be special! I am writing not 1, but 3 parts for today, since I've fallen so behind in my writing! I will also attempt to make them longer! :) If I don't have an image at the time for the writing piece, feel free to illustrate the image I have placed in your head!

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
* sees Itzzaboy liking the post a minute afterwards, and gives him a lollipop* yay!!

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
“What you risk reveals what you value.” - Jeanette Winterson​
The legged-folk do not need to be left out in the cold dark alleyways. They deserve to know who lives along side each other. For Nimue to be scolding me is foolish on her part. The legged-folk who we have lived beside for our entire existence, deserve to see we are not just creatures, just animals. We are beings, with feelings, emotions, and compassion. Once I reach the surface at the docks of ‘Port Silver’, I swim to the same boat where the young child had fallen in. Surprisingly the child was there again, smiling as her mother held her hand. I was barely out of sight, but the conversation between the mother and daughter made me smile.​
“Mummy,” the sweet brown-haired child asked, “When will Miss Mermaid come back?”​
Her mother smiled down at her answering her question, “Baby, I do not know if she will ever come back. Our sailors have gone searching for her and others like here. We never knew they existed, but if I were to meet her I would give her my thanks.”​
“Why would you say “Thank you,” Mummy?” she questioned again.​
“She made me realized how much I needed to protect you and how much I need my little angel.”​
This was the moment. This was the moment I need to reveal myself. I swam towards the dock, not even bothering to swim deeper, and sat myself on the edge of the dock. I smiled, as the little girl noticed me with a cute squeal, “Miss Mermaid!!” She ran towards me arms with her small arms opened. She tackled me with her puny body and hugged me around my waist. Snuggling herself into my stomach, I return the hug slightly petting her back. Her mother walked towards me with her mouth dropped with shock. She paused a brief moment, glancing at the men entranced by my appearance, then she ran towards me with her arms opened. She joined the group hug and softly spoke.​
“Thank you,” she whispered into my ear shedding a tear down her face.​
“You are welcome, dear human. I am glad I could help,” I smiled at her. The child was still snuggled into my stomach, whilst her mother was to my shoulder when a deep voice spoke.​
“A-a-a mer-maid,” the voice stuttered.​
“Yes, I’m a mermaid,” I chuckled, “But instead of calling me mermaid, or fish, can you just call me Abbey?” That seemed to get a few of the gents to laugh muttering, “The mermaid as a name.” I glared at those smiling. “Do realize gentleman, my culture is a lot like yours. We are not just legends, or animals. We are beings would share this world of Altera.” The men stopped laughing after that statement, and the mother released her grip on me. She stood up.​
“Men, this mermaid, I mean, Abbey,” she smiled at me, “Saved my beautiful child from drowning. She is not an animal or fish, as she says herself. She has compassion. Her heroic deed has made me realized the importance of love for one another. I now know I do not neglect my child for more then a second, for she could get hurt. I hope you all realize Abbey here is like us. She has emotions, thoughts, and humanity.” She sat back down next to me, after her speech. Her face was completely red of embarrassment.​
“Thank you,” I whisper looking back down at the water. What caught my eye was a blob of orange hair. Nimue was glaring at me, her emotions so confusing I could not read it. She smirked at me. Oh seashells. She was planning something.​

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Me: Ha! My latest part still beats it in length!
Brain: Shut up! It's not a competition!
Me: But can't I just-
Brain: No! Try saying something nice instead!
Me: Well, it was an awesome part, and I like how Abbey is being friendly to humans and some alliances with them are starting to be made...
Brain: Aaand?
Me: And what?
Brain: And how you were thinking you can't wait for the next part!
Me: Oh yeah, I can't wait to see what Nimue does!
Brain: That's better!

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
*sigh* I'm done, fully realising now how bad I am at drawing people, and more importantly, faces
I love the scenery, for is exactly what I imagined. :) you put a lot of detail into the docks and I love it, but you are right about your characters being 'okay'' so keep practicing them :) I expect another drawing from you for maybe some past parts ;) ;)